PDA

View Full Version : Promos

swilkie94
03-20-2018, 04:24 PM
Can I get a list of Promo cards and what expansion/core set they go with. This might have been provided already but I am not sure. I have Skitter, Bane, Gotham City Docks, Starfire, Felix Faust, The Joker, Martian Manhunter, and Vixen. I know I am missing Kid Flash. I have seen Black Lightning and Blue Devil online are these Promo cards? Are there more out/coming out? Where do all these belong?

swilkie94
03-20-2018, 04:25 PM
Can someone from Cryptozoic answer this?

Matt_Hyra
03-20-2018, 10:36 PM
Kid Flash is a Teen Titans event promo. You can find the same card in the Teen Titans Go! expansion.
Black Lightning is a Promo that will be coming this summer in event kits your store can order. Not tied to anything.
Blue Devil is not a promo we have ever done.
Gypsy is a promo tied to Birds of Prey and given out at last year's events in very small numbers. They will be available in great numbers at this summer's events.
A new promo will debut at this summer's events, tied to New Gods.

Seems like you have most and a handle on the rest.

Tschudy
03-21-2018, 02:03 AM
How about getting a copy of Blanka from the street fighter deckbuilder? :)

Matt_Hyra
03-21-2018, 10:46 AM

Probably very difficult, seeing as how the game is out of print.

LexLuthorJr
03-22-2018, 04:09 PM
A new promo will debut at this summer's events, tied to New Gods.

Does that include Origins?

Matt_Hyra
03-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Does that include Origins?

It might if the shipment is on time... Probably less than a dozen will be given away there as Tournament prizes.

unLimitedEnds
03-27-2018, 09:59 AM
For Vixen, Black Lighting, and Gypsy, will the cards ever be available to purchase through Board Game Geek or have I missed my window? Would there be any other channels to grab them other than OP kits or going to summer events?

Been avidly getting all possible DC deck building cards, but these have eluded me.

unLimitedEnds
03-27-2018, 11:12 AM
Also here is a list of promos that I use to keep
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ttEuwPblmkyunSvIf0AwlsQ4bpGm1CdXTWyUdfuUiNc/edit?usp=sharing

Matt_Hyra
03-27-2018, 12:20 PM
For Vixen, Black Lighting, and Gypsy, will the cards ever be available to purchase through Board Game Geek or have I missed my window? Would there be any other channels to grab them other than OP kits or going to summer events?

Been avidly getting all possible DC deck building cards, but these have eluded me.

These will all be in the BGG E-Store at some point. Vixen will be there in a couple of months.

SUMO
03-28-2018, 07:47 PM

I might have some, I'll have to look and get back to ya.

CSManiac33
04-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Will there ever be any chance of older promos getting reprinted or are we just going to have to deal with the second-hand market for those.

Matt_Hyra
04-04-2018, 09:04 AM
Will there ever be any chance of older promos getting reprinted or are we just going to have to deal with the second-hand market for those.

Which ones?
I'll check.

Coiser
04-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Mostly the FPP. For now you can usually buy Skitter around $80 (if you can find one for sale which is not often -> boo). I had to order original FE boxes from Europe to find some with Bane, I paid about $75 per FE w/ FPP set for those when I found someone with a few. I have a pretty well maintained list of all the promo's I've bought in the last 18 months or so, and in general to build a full cube roughly half of the cost is for promo's. For the upcoming TX tournament (and we have one planned for TN but haven't released info on it yet!) the best I can figure is to begin proxy'ing them and just use the real version of the characters for the camera/stream and keep the proxies for off-camera games. Not my preferred solution, but it does save about half the price of building a cube so there is that. Just my thoughts. I also understand the position behind FPP so the reasoning's for it are well understood and I'm not necessarily complaining against it, just giving my opinions on the hard-to-get stuff.

CSManiac33
04-05-2018, 08:50 PM
I was more of referring to in general rather than just any specifics but primarily on non-FPP Super Heroes/Villains as Felix Faust and Gotham City Docks are pretty common and I can understand the reasoning for not re-releasing FPP as it is kind of against the whole concept of them in the first place.

julio
04-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Vixen is available on BGG Store!!

gerrymul
04-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Got a few for me and my friends. Link below, limit of 5.

https://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/dc-comics-deck-building-game-vixen

AaronH
04-10-2018, 10:58 AM
Got a few for me and my friends. Link below, limit of 5.

https://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/dc-comics-deck-building-game-vixen

Thanks! As much as I like that it's only $3, setting the minimum order to $4 is mildly annoying

Bardoly
04-10-2018, 11:29 AM
This is great! I've been looking for this one for quite a while now. Now just to wait for the others... My local game store has tried multiple times to get the Organized Play kits, but they have been unsuccessful so far. :( Hopefully the next Organized Play season will have more kits available for stores so that they can tournaments.

SpatzAI
04-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Appreciate the heads-up, just placed my order

BenJazz
04-11-2018, 06:47 AM
The BGG market has some Black Lightnings for sale and it looks like there are some other promos that have gone up recently on eBay.

unLimitedEnds
04-12-2018, 03:51 PM
I don't see the Black Lightning card on sale, do you have a link by any chance?

Matt_Hyra
04-12-2018, 04:41 PM
If there were Black Lightnings, they didn't come from us. Not for several months.

Carthain
04-12-2018, 07:05 PM
It was mentioned that Black Lightning was at the BGG Market -- not the BGG Store.

AaronH
04-13-2018, 11:02 AM
It was mentioned that Black Lightning was at the BGG Market -- not the BGG Store.

Yes, there was one on ebay at the time of the post (I think by the same member). IIRC we're looking at fall-ish for it to be in the store (correct me if I'm wrong).

Bladecom
04-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Matt, I noticed the BGG store version of Vixen appears to be a 3rd style print, namely the DC logo in the top right is filled.

Is there plans to make changes or reprint Crossover 5 in that style as well?

Matt_Hyra
04-16-2018, 12:10 PM
No plans to change any logos on pack/box reprints.

jordihz
04-23-2018, 07:40 AM
would like to know the same

Bladecom
04-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Hey Matt,

Wanted to confirm these are the only promos for 2016/2017, working on updating the info for BGG and such.

link: https://imgur.com/a/ca3XQDa

Also for the 2016 CZE Volunteer, was the idea that you would get 1 added to the main deck per player/volunteer?

Matt_Hyra
04-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Hey Matt,

Wanted to confirm these are the only promos for 2016/2017, working on updating the info for BGG and such.

link: https://imgur.com/a/ca3XQDa

Also for the 2016 CZE Volunteer, was the idea that you would get 1 added to the main deck per player/volunteer?

Are you just talking about Volunteer promos?
There was also female version of the 2016 Vol, but no different. Other than that, those are it.
The idea was you could add as many as you can get your hands on (up to 4).

AaronH
04-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Dungstar the Poo Pope

Is this a reference to something/thematically tied to a certain set? I haven't seen Rick and Morty or many f the newer cartoons in the Cartoon Network sets, so I'm not sure if it's a reference or just random silliness.

Matt_Hyra
04-26-2018, 04:33 PM
It's from Epic Spell Wars III.

AaronH
04-26-2018, 10:58 PM
It's from Epic Spell Wars III.

Ahh thanks. I've played a few rounds of the first one, didn't expect to see it referenced in the Cerberus games!

Bladecom
04-27-2018, 01:07 PM
Are you just talking about Volunteer promos?
There was also female version of the 2016 Vol, but no different. Other than that, those are it.
The idea was you could add as many as you can get your hands on (up to 4).

Yes I was, and thank you, helps me out a lot!

I know these Volunteer promos weren't made in mind of people using it competitively or anything like that, but it helps catalog for collections and general interest.

jotaesethegeek
06-20-2018, 04:39 AM
Newest promo: Forager from Origins 2018. Per Matt only four were given out.

CushionRide
06-28-2018, 05:37 AM
that means im missing 3 promos now :P Black Lightning.......... Gypsy...... and now Forager........ GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! gotta get them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gerrymul
06-28-2018, 09:31 AM
that means im missing 3 promos now :P Black Lightning.......... Gypsy...... and now Forager........ GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! gotta get them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know! And what's worse is up in Canada we can't apparently get the promos for prize support with the organized play. :(

unLimitedEnds
07-12-2018, 10:04 AM
Do we ever expect to see Black Lighting, Gypsy, and Forager floating around the BGG store or somewhere?

Matt_Hyra
07-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Do we ever expect to see Black Lighting, Gypsy, and Forager floating around the BGG store or somewhere?

Everything makes it there eventually.
BL and Gypsy: Maybe this year.
Forager will be in an OP kit next year, then on BGG after that.

They will also be available as prizes at Gen Con.

gerrymul
07-12-2018, 01:19 PM
FYI, BGG Store just got stock of Martian Manhunter, Kid Flash, Starfire, and Skitter oversize heroes, along with the Gotham City Docks location promo. They also still have Vixen and Felix Faust.
https://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?page=1&q=cryptozoic

Coiser
07-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Thanks to Crypto for releasing these. It was getting so costly to build new cubes for tournaments.

Red21126
07-17-2018, 09:28 PM
FYI, BGG Store just got stock of Martian Manhunter, Kid Flash, Starfire, and Skitter oversize heroes, along with the Gotham City Docks location promo. They also still have Vixen and Felix Faust.
https://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?page=1&q=cryptozoic

They advertised this on their Facebook page tonight. I grabbed all 7 and felt great about finally getting a Martian Manhunter to go with the base set.

DimeDrl
07-23-2018, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Purchased five Skitters for myself and my comrades for their sets. So happy to get them before the damned eBay scalpers scoop them all up and sell them for $25 each.

SpatzAI
08-28-2018, 02:20 PM
In addition to the batch they added a month ago , some time in the last week or so they added Rick and Morty: Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind Deck-Building Game - Promo Rick.

CSManiac33
08-28-2018, 05:51 PM
I take it is completely out of the question to get a Blanka, Mecha-Naruto, or Volunteer promo releases. Will there ever be a rerelease of the Cartoon Network promos?

Matt_Hyra
08-28-2018, 10:20 PM
I take it is completely out of the question to get a Blanka, Mecha-Naruto, or Volunteer promo releases. Will there ever be a rerelease of the Cartoon Network promos?

Doubtful on those.
The Volunteer promos are just for the Volunteers, by the way.

offpurp
09-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Will bane or joker be released on the bgg store?

Matt_Hyra
09-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Will bane or joker be released on the bgg store?

They have been on there. Joker was up for many months. Bane has been up a couple of times, but for not as long.
It is possible that one or both come back at some point, but no promises can be made.

offpurp
09-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Okay, thanks for the response. I joined dc late but I'm trying to collect every card.

shadowking01
09-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Its more expensive but check ebay sometimes you can get the cards there if they arent on the bgg store. I wouldn't for Joker though, the cheapest it is on there right now is 40 bucks

beank
09-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Any chance for more of the round 1 2018 play kits to be sold? My LSG just looked but they are already sold out on both GTS and Alliance....

Matt_Hyra
09-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Any chance for more of the round 1 2018 play kits to be sold? My LSG just looked but they are already sold out on both GTS and Alliance....

They should try PSI. They are our distributor. GTS and Alliance would have to get them from PSI, so I can understand why they might not have any.

Coiser
09-17-2018, 09:23 PM
+1 if you switch from using PSI. After two months of unreturned phone calls and emails it's very clear they have no intent of selling anything.

dagcool
10-30-2018, 07:16 AM
While waiting for the next exciting episode of DC Deckbuilding I started collecting the LotR deckbuilding games. I've managed to get all of the promos except for Eowyn and Gandalf with their accompanying cards. I can't seem to find any for sale online. Are any of these still floating around?

gerrymul
02-11-2019, 02:22 PM
FYI Black Lightning & Gypsy promo cards just landed on BGG Store. https://boardgamegeekstore.com/

shadowking01
02-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Is it the original or the reprint for black lightning?

Matt_Hyra
02-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Is it the original or the reprint for black lightning?

The cards we sent are the updated text. They are sadly showing the first printing, as they might not know there are two versions.

destroth
02-14-2019, 10:45 AM
The cards we sent are the updated text. They are sadly showing the first printing, as they might not know there are two versions.

Hey matt... i am from malaysia and i been collecting the dc cards for awhile now.. just wanted to get my hand on gypsy promo but it is sold out... do you know when it will be updated?

Matt_Hyra
02-14-2019, 01:47 PM
Hey matt... i am from malaysia and i been collecting the dc cards for awhile now.. just wanted to get my hand on gypsy promo but it is sold out... do you know when it will be updated?

We may or may not have more for the BGG E-store in the future. We will have to see if there are unsold OP kits.
If you have a local store, they can order the kit: PSI/Distributor Code GYOPKT

Being in Malaysia, it might be easier to buy one on eBay for just a little bit more than on BGG.

SpiritDetective
02-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Whoa! I totally missed that Gypsy went up sale on BGG E-store.

gerrymul
02-14-2019, 05:07 PM
Whoa! I totally missed that Gypsy went up sale on BGG E-store.

That's why I signed up for e-mail notifications from BGG Store. Every time one comes in I check to see if any of the promos are included in the new inventory. I did post here right after I ordered copies for my friends and me.

Bladecom
02-14-2019, 06:33 PM
Hey Matt, Gypsy and Forager were basically Promos for Crossover 6 and 7. Any chance of getting Promos for the previous Crossovers in future tournament kits?

aoineko
02-14-2019, 11:31 PM
Hey Matt, Gypsy and Forager were basically Promos for Crossover 6 and 7. Any chance of getting Promos for the previous Crossovers in future tournament kits?

Hm.. Rogues never did get a promo...

Matt_Hyra
02-15-2019, 05:31 PM
Possible.

matos614
02-27-2019, 02:28 PM
Matt,

Has Forager ever been on BGG? Should we expect it later this year? (Thanks in advance)

Matt_Hyra
02-27-2019, 07:06 PM
Matt,

Has Forager ever been on BGG? Should we expect it later this year? (Thanks in advance)

It has not. It is featured with the next OP kit that is just now ready for stores to order.
It may or may not make it onto BGG this year. Can't say for sure yet.

gerrymul
02-28-2019, 10:33 AM
So a question regarding promotional materials. My FLGS in Vancouver Canada claims to have problems getting a hold of promos through their distributor. In light of some information flowing about the Rebirth set and a 'Scenario 0," what are the chances of there being direct support to stores or of fans being able to get copies of this directly?

Matt_Hyra
02-28-2019, 12:56 PM
So a question regarding promotional materials. My FLGS in Vancouver Canada claims to have problems getting a hold of promos through their distributor. In light of some information flowing about the Rebirth set and a 'Scenario 0," what are the chances of there being direct support to stores or of fans being able to get copies of this directly?

It is a retailer exclusive program, only through PSI. If your Canadian store doesn't deal with PSI, I suspect their CA Distributor does, and can get them if they try.

BenJazz
03-01-2019, 08:21 PM
It has not. It is featured with the next OP kit that is just now ready for stores to order.
It may or may not make it onto BGG this year. Can't say for sure yet.

Hey Matt, do you happen to know what the CZE Item Code will be for the upcoming OP Kit? I want to make sure my FLGS has the right info to order. Also, if you know the item codes for the Rebirth and Batman: Ninja launch kits that would be great as well. Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
03-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Hey Matt, do you happen to know what the CZE Item Code will be for the upcoming OP Kit? I want to make sure my FLGS has the right info to order. Also, if you know the item codes for the Rebirth and Batman: Ninja launch kits that would be great as well. Thanks!

2019 Q1 OP Kit 1 Forager- FOOPKT
Batman Ninja Launch Kit- BNLNCHKT

Rebirth kit doesn't have a code yet. Batman Ninja has a code, but we aren't soliciting that one yet, since the release is later in the year.

BenJazz
03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Great! Thank you Matt for the information.

matos614
03-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Maybe i'm a little lost as i usually order online, what's an OP Kit? Also even if not this year, but eventually will Forager make it to BGG (im a completist and thats the only promo i dont have)

Matt_Hyra
03-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Maybe i'm a little lost as i usually order online, what's an OP Kit? Also even if not this year, but eventually will Forager make it to BGG (im a completist and thats the only promo i dont have)

On OP Kit is an Organized Play Kit that hobby stores can order from PSI Distributors. It gives you info on hosting events, 12-13 promo cards, a playmat, and a poster to advertise it in your store. Only stores can order it.

Yes, Forager will make it to the BGG E-store possibly at the end of the year or soon after.

dagcool
04-10-2019, 08:29 AM
If anyone has a lead on the Gandalf Promos from the Two Towers, I would appreciate a heads up. It's the last promo that I can't seem to hunt down and it just feels wrong to not have Gandalf in the set. Direct messages are welcome as well. Thanks for any help that you guys can give.

Bladecom
04-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Any Spoilers on what the Volunteer Promos are for 2019?

Matt_Hyra
04-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Any Spoilers on what the Volunteer Promos are for 2019?

The 2019 card is a 3-cost card that some of you might have seen before.

boba_fouts
04-25-2019, 12:21 PM
The 2019 card is a 3-cost card that some of you might have seen before.

Neat!

See you at Gen Con!