PDA

View Full Version : Rick and Morty Game License

shadowking01
03-29-2018, 03:37 PM
Who actually has the RIck and Morty game License? Is it Cryptozoic or USAopoly because they put out Rick and Morty Munckin but you guys have a plethora of Rick and Morty game either out or on the way out. If it is cryptozoic couldn't you leverage that to maybe get a Legend of Zelda DBG since USAopoly has the license for that because many of us would love to have a Zelda DBG. I honestly just would like to know who actually has the license to see if there is a chance you guys on the business side could get some of the licenses that USAopoly has since they made a Rick and Morty munchkin game

Matt_Hyra
03-29-2018, 10:54 PM
No one has an exclusive license. Cartoon Network can work with whomever they wish.
The fact that USAoploy shares a license with us doesn't mean we have any sway with them.

shadowking01
03-30-2018, 07:37 AM
Okay, I thought you and USAopoly could work something out since you share a license but since that isn't the case that's cool I was just wondering because there are many licenses they have that would make awesome DBGs

AaronH
03-30-2018, 10:06 AM
there are many licenses they have that would make awesome DBGs

You're right about that. I still dream of one day getting a Harry Potter or Dragon Ball Z DBG from Crypto. I think HP's enduring popularity would guarantee high sales, I just don't know how difficult it would be to get a license to it.

BenJazz
04-04-2018, 07:59 AM
Posting this as informational, but I believe USAopoly has a Harry Potter deckbuilder that came out just a few years ago with an expansion that came out at Gen Con 2017. The caviot is the game is purely co-op. I hear though they are working on a 2-player competitive stand alone.

Given this, I imagine we won't see another company making a HP deck builder any time soon even if it is with a different "engine".

AaronH
04-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Posting this as informational, but I believe USAopoly has a Harry Potter deckbuilder that came out just a few years ago with an expansion that came out at Gen Con 2017. The caviot is the game is purely co-op. I hear though they are working on a 2-player competitive stand alone.

Given this, I imagine we won't see another company making a HP deck builder any time soon even if it is with a different "engine".

Well, that's disappointing. I was hoping since Crypto has the license for DC DBG, that WB would be easy to work with for HP. Thanks for the heads-up.