PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Card Wars Ol Corn Eye and a loop with Pyramid of the Sun

JayJay
04-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Yea, it's me again. Overgeneralizing this game. Sorry in advance.

So was Ol Corn Eye changed from a 1 Cost to a 2 Cost for balance purposes?

And Pyramid of the Sun states that if a Cost 1 or higher Sandylands creature enters its lane, you can return it to your hand.
Assuming you have 2 of them in play and a SandWitch in another lane- You'd merely need to play 2 copies of Sailing Sand Crab into the lanes that the Pyramids are in, because the first crab would enter play and then return to your hand; you'd then play the 2nd Crab in the other Pyramid's lane and it would also proceed to return to your hand. But because of each Crab's ability activating because they would keep entering play, you would just play the first, then the 2nd, then the first again, and so on, and so on. Then with SandWitch, each time one of these Crabs would enter play, your opponent would take 1 damage- essentially this leads to a loop that wins you the game. You can also do this with Peach Djini instead of SandWitch, and in which case, Djini would essentially have infinite ATK.
I was discussing this with a friend of mine, and we both came to the conclusion that this might have been an oversight on Pyramid's design, in regards to cards that were later printed. So was this the case?

Matt_Hyra
04-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Ol Corn Eye was a misprint at 1.
It should have been a two like the others of its ilk.

An oversight, as we never had it happen in testing. That combo is not all that easy to do, so maybe it's Ok.

JayJay
04-11-2018, 10:58 AM
Ol Corn Eye was a misprint at 1.
It should have been a two like the others of its ilk.
Good to know.
Now if only you made an Icylands version to complete this set... Heh.

An oversight, as we never had it happen in testing. That combo is not all that easy to do, so maybe it's Ok.
I mean, you could make a Deck that's dedicated to such a gimmick, albeit, it would be full of Gnome Snot, Tome of Ankhs, Lime Slime, etc.
But wheres the fun in a Deck like that?

Floop
05-22-2018, 09:23 PM
I believe it was ruled in an older thread that you have to pay at least 1 Action in the cost of whatever Sandylands creature you're playing in order to have Temple of the Sun's ability to trigger.

Like, reducing Lost Golem's cost down to 0 and playing it won't trigger Temple of the Sun.

I understand that Sailing Sandcrab is worded as "play it for free", but I feel like the rule should still apply. But then, I'm not a judge so...yeah.

Jay_Chow
10-09-2018, 02:43 AM
Hi, so I don't know how to post a new thread on my phone so I decided to post a reply on an existing thread. Sorry if I'm being rude, but anyways:
1. Can The Pig flip a cornfield that is not on his lane when it is flooped? For example:
* * C *
P * * *
The C is the cornfield and the P is The Pig. If I floop the Pig there, can I flip the cornfield ovet there?
2. I read somewhere that when you put down the Cool Dog, the adjacent creatures cannot be attacked but also cannot attack the opposing creature. What happens when there are two Cool Dogs in the center lanes? Will there be no combat both sides and both sides will have to rely on spells and floop abilities to win?
Thank you if you reply.

Matt_Hyra
10-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Hi, so I don't know how to post a new thread on my phone so I decided to post a reply on an existing thread. Sorry if I'm being rude, but anyways:
1. Can The Pig flip a cornfield that is not on his lane when it is flooped? For example:
* * C *
P * * *
The C is the cornfield and the P is The Pig. If I floop the Pig there, can I flip the cornfield ovet there?

2. I read somewhere that when you put down the Cool Dog, the adjacent creatures cannot be attacked but also cannot attack the opposing creature. What happens when there are two Cool Dogs in the center lanes? Will there be no combat both sides and both sides will have to rely on spells and floop abilities to win?
Thank you if you reply.

1. No. The Pig reads: ..."in this Lane." So you can't flip a Cornfield that isn't in his Lane.
2. The Creatures adjacent to Cool Dog can attack. Not sure where you heard that, but not true at all.

Jay_Chow
10-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Thank you so much!
1. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the text.
2. Oh, so that means if there are two Cool Dogs in your center lanes, none of your creatures can be attacked through direct hits, while requiring the opponent to use spells and Floop abilities to win, while also being able to fight the opponent with your own creatures? Sorry for the long question, but I just wanted to be specific.
I also have some new questions, if you don't mind:
3. For the Embarrassing Bard, if you floop it with another creature and draw the cards, what happens when Psionic Architect enters play? Can you still floop it and draw cards after readying it?
4. For the Schoolhouse and the Ancient Scholar, do you get to choose the cards from the discard pile? Or do you need to shuffle them and pick one?
5. For the Corn Scepter, if I have 4 Cornfield landscapes, can I deal four damage to just 1 creature? Or do I deal damage to one creature of each lane?
6. When the Legion of Earlings enter play, does the creature that is returned to the owner's hand lose all damage dealt beforehand?

Thanks for the initial reply and I hope you can answer the rest of the questions.

Matt_Hyra
10-10-2018, 09:57 AM
2. Your Creatures still have to attack, so they will die off eventually.
3. You could use the Bard again, yes.
4. Shuffle and pick one.
5. You deal 4 to 1 Creature.
6. Yes

Jay_Chow
10-10-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I still don't get how to use the Cool Dog. Can you explain to me the specifics on its ability to protect its adjacent creature?

And also, concerning the Ancient Scholar, what if the first card I choose isn't a rainbow card? Do I get to choose until I get a rainbow card? Same with the Schoolhouse and creatures with Floip abilities?

Thanks for the other answers though!

Matt_Hyra
10-11-2018, 10:58 AM
Cool Dog does not protect your adjacent Creatures when they go on the attack. The defender will still deal damage to your Creature. Cool Dog's ability is only applicable during your opponent's turn.

Jay_Chow
10-11-2018, 03:08 PM
1. Oh, so the creatures adjacent to the Cool Dog can attack but will still take damage when attacking. When it is the opponent's turn, the creatures adjacent to the Cool Dog are readied and do not take damage while also not attacking. Is that right?

2. Scratch that previous question concerning the Ancient Scholar and the Schoolhouse. What happens if you FLOOP the Schoolhouse and the card you chose from the discard pile is the Pig and the opponent's landscape in that lane isn't a Cornfield? Do get to draw again or does the effect get cancelled?

Matt_Hyra
10-11-2018, 09:48 PM
1. Oh, so the creatures adjacent to the Cool Dog can attack but will still take damage when attacking. When it is the opponent's turn, the creatures adjacent to the Cool Dog are readied and do not take damage while also not attacking. Is that right?

Yes.
Also, your Creatures ready on your turn, not your opponent's turn.

2. Scratch that previous question concerning the Ancient Scholar and the Schoolhouse. What happens if you FLOOP the Schoolhouse and the card you chose from the discard pile is the Pig and the opponent's landscape in that lane isn't a Cornfield? Do get to draw again or does the effect get cancelled?

The effect would be cancelled. You don't draw again.

Jay_Chow
10-11-2018, 10:29 PM
1. So they are still exhausted even when they can't do damage?

2. But does the creature above the Schoolhouse get to Floop? I'm also aware that if you want to, you can Floop creatures like the Ancient Scholar and Dragon Claw even if their Floop abilities are currently unusable, like there being no Rainbow Cards in the discard pile or all the lanes have been occupied so you can't change the lanes of any of your creatures. My question is, does that apply to the creature above the Schoolhouse too? For example, I Floop the Schoolhouse and I draw a Dragon Claw from the discard pile and all of my lanes have been occupied, can the creature above the Schoolhouse still Floop?(Assuming it doesn't already have a Floop ability already.)

I also have a few more questions in mind. I'm sorry, I just want to play the game right. Anyways:

3. If I have 3 Cornfield Landscapes and I use the Corn Scepter spell on a full-health Nice Ice Baby(which has a base 2 health), does the extra damage go to my opponent?

4. Can I not use the abilities of creatures with effects that say you MAY do it? For example, I flooped my Dragon Claw and there is no other Flooped creature in my lanes. I put down the Psionic Architect and don't ready the Dragon Claw as the effect says that I MAY ready a Flooped creature when Psionic Architect enters play, as it suggests I don't have to.

Thank you so much for answering.

Matt_Hyra
10-12-2018, 10:06 AM
1. No. I thought you were talking about the creatures next to Cool Dog. The opposing creatures don't exhaust, as they can't attack.

2. If a Floop ability uses the word TARGET, then you must have a legal target to be able to use it. If it doesn't use the word TARGET, you may Floop to avoid attacking.

3. No, it just overkills the Baby.

4. Right, you don't have to.

Jay_Chow
10-12-2018, 03:45 PM
1. No, I meant my own creatures in the opponent's turn after attacking in my turn.

2. Ok, so basically, I don't get to Floop the creature above the Schoolhouse if I draw The Pig and the opponent's landscape in this lane is not a Cornfield, or if I draw Big Foot and there is no landscape for me to flip over, I can't Floop the creature above the Schoolhouse. But I can for those that don't say target. Is that right?

3&4. Thank you.

5. Can you teleport a Flooped Creature or make it change lanes with Dragon Claw or Woad Mobile Home? Or do they need to be ready for me to do it?

6. Can I cast spells on the first turn? I know I can't attack if I go first, but spells like Gnome Snot don't do damage, meaning that I can use it, right? And also, what about spells that actually do damage like Field of Nightmares? Can I use that on the first turn?

7. What happens if I bring out Cornataur on the first turn? There's no combat, but does the effect of bringing out Cornataur still apply? I'm assuming that the effect still applies, but I just wanted to make sure.

Matt_Hyra
10-12-2018, 10:18 PM
1. Ok
2. That is right.
3&4. Sure
5. They can be Flooped.
6. Yes and yes
7. Yes

Jay_Chow
10-13-2018, 04:40 PM
1. So, your creatures are still in the exhausted state during your opponent's turn even if they can't do damage?

2. I'm aware that I can use spells even if I don't get to use the effect, like using Teleport even though there isn't any empty lanes, therefore not being able to use its effect. My question is, can I CHOOSE whether or not I want to use the effect? For example, I cast Teleport on my creature and I still have empty lanes, but I decide to not use the effect and not move my creature. Is this eligible?

3. I have a Husker Knight that has taken 7 damage. My opponent Floops The Pig to flip over one of my Cornfield Landscapes. The Husker Knight's defense drps from 8 to 6. Where does that extra damage go? Is it the same with the Corn Scepter overkilling the Nice Ice Baby? I also assume this scenario would also apply to creatures above the Celestial Castle, taking more damage than its base health and having Archer Dan destroy the Celestial Castle.

3. Can the Legion of Earlings return Flooped Creatures back to their owner's hand?

4. When the Field Reaper moves your opponent's creature into your lane, does said creature go into your discard pile or the owner's?

5. When Field Reaper moves a Flooped Creature to your lane, is it immediately readied? If so, am I allowed to immediately use its Flooped effect if I can use it? If it doesn't ready, does it fight?

Thank you for being patient with my questions.

Matt_Hyra
10-13-2018, 08:22 PM
1. Your Creatures exhaust to attack.. They don't ready during your opponent's turn. Doesn't have anything to do with whether or not they have been attacked.

2. You can only choose if the card reads MAY. Also, if it doesn't say "to another Lane" then you can choose the Lane they are in.

3. Yes

4. Owner's

5. No. Since it doesn't ready, it doesn't fight.

Jay_Chow
10-14-2018, 02:55 AM
1. Then what happens during the second player's first turn? For example, I go first and I put a creature on a lane. My opponent then also puts a creature in that lane and exhausts it to attack my creature. Do I have to exhaust my creature?

Thanks for the other ones, here's one more. Sorry if I've been asking too much and I also see that you either stayed up to or woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning to answer my question. Either that or you couldn't sleep or are having a rough night. Either way, thanks for your help.

2. What happens when the Spirit Tower brings a Flooped creature to your side? Is it the same with the Field Reaper situation? Also, can I replace the creature that is brought in by the Spirit Tower, either activated or Flooped? If I can, I assume that it is returned to the owner's discard pile?

Sorry for the long question, just wanted to make sure.

HannahHoney
10-14-2018, 06:59 AM
Yes.
Also, your Creatures ready on your turn, not your opponent's turn.

The effect would be cancelled. You don't draw again.

Thanks for the answers! Had pretty the same questions, luckily found this thread and figured everything out.

Matt_Hyra
10-14-2018, 10:07 AM
1. Then what happens during the second player's first turn? For example, I go first and I put a creature on a lane. My opponent then also puts a creature in that lane and exhausts it to attack my creature. Do I have to exhaust my creature?

A defending Creature does not exhaust.

2. What happens when the Spirit Tower brings a Flooped creature to your side? Is it the same with the Field Reaper situation? Also, can I replace the creature that is brought in by the Spirit Tower, either activated or Flooped? If I can, I assume that it is returned to the owner's discard pile?

Sorry for the long question, just wanted to make sure.

With Spirit Tower, it readies whether it was Flooped or Exhausted. Yes, it is returned to the owner's discard pile.

Jay_Chow
10-15-2018, 01:50 AM
1. Ok, thank you.

2. So if it is activated, I can replace it, but if it's Flooped, I can't replace it. Is that right? If it is, the spirit tower is quite useful in that sense.

3. Can you explain to me Patchy the Pumpkin's Floop ability?

Matt_Hyra
10-15-2018, 11:17 PM
2. You may only replace ready Creatures.

3. How many Cornfields do you control? You can Floop him to deal that many targets 1 damage each (max 1 dmg each). So if you control 3 Cornfields, you can deal 1 damage to 3 different Creatures.

Jay_Chow
10-17-2018, 03:25 PM
When replacing a creature, does the leave play effect of the creature that is going to be replaced activate first, or does the enter play effect of the replacing creature activate first?

Matt_Hyra
10-17-2018, 03:36 PM
When replacing a creature, does the leave play effect of the creature that is going to be replaced activate first, or does the enter play effect of the replacing creature activate first?

The leaves play happens first, as you must make room for the new Creature.

Jay_Chow
10-19-2018, 06:19 PM
With the Heavenly Gazer's Floop ability, do I get to choose the spell or is it random? If it's random, then it should say it on the card.

Matt_Hyra
10-20-2018, 08:32 AM
With the Heavenly Gazer's Floop ability, do I get to choose the spell or is it random? If it's random, then it should say it on the card.

Not random. If it is supposed to be random, it will say. You have to show what you place, btw.