PDA

View Full Version : DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt VII

Matt_Hyra
06-18-2018, 08:15 AM
Post your questions here!

xephongun
06-22-2018, 06:28 AM
Me and my friends have played DC for years. We have had arguments of how cards work with some of the superheroes. Two heroes that have been the worse have been Jay Garrick crossover 1 and Robin crisis 1. How do these guys work with cards like Animal Man crisis 1, H'el heores united, and Billy Numerous teen titans go.

Matt_Hyra
06-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Me and my friends have played DC for years. We have had arguments of how cards work with some of the superheroes. Two heroes that have been the worse have been Jay Garrick crossover 1 and Robin crisis 1. How do these guys work with cards like Animal Man crisis 1, H'el heores united, and Billy Numerous teen titans go.

Animal Man This is not a guaranteed draw, so you have execute up to the draw.
Robin- You may draw the revealed card or put an Equipment from your discard pile into your hand.
Jay- You may draw the revealed card or discard it and draw the next.

Billy & H'el The "reveal and draw" is one effect that guarantees a draw, so you perform the Super Hero action first.
Robin- For Billy, you may either draw that many cards or put an Equipment from your discard pile into your hand and draw one fewer cards. For H'el, you basically get a free Equipment, as you are not "charged" any cost for the Equipment, as it replaced a draw.
Jay- Before you start revealing and drawing, look at the top card and you may discard it.

Bladecom
06-24-2018, 03:09 PM
I had more of clarification questions on some of the production side.

I've noticed Cartoon Network cards, both the Original and Animation Annihilation was missing their copyright tag on the bottom, was that just a general oversight in the first runs of them, or was that ever fixed in later releases?

Good example is just any super power from Animation Annihilation.

In the original it seems a bit more random, some weakness cards, and inside jokes.

I also know Roulette in Crossover 6 was suppose to be +1 power instead of +2 power, was that ever reprinted as such or just official errata?

Was there also an official errata to Sharingan from Naruto? I've heard talks of it before, but the set never appeared to be reprinted or properly addressed.

aoineko
06-25-2018, 12:33 PM
The Roulette reprint is in the New Gods crossover pack.

N-Finite
06-28-2018, 11:42 AM
1) Does J'onn J'onzz (Base set) effect not work with New Gods crossover pack since there's no Super Villain/Super Hero stack?

2) Could you discard as many cards as you want for Kalibak's (New Gods) card effect? "Discard a card: +1 Power"

3) I'm not sure I'm understanding Forever People (New Gods). When you play it, draw a card. Additionally, it would stay in play because it has Ongoing. Is the Ongoing effect useless if your playing as a Super Villian?

Matt_Hyra
07-01-2018, 08:59 PM
1) Does J'onn J'onzz (Base set) effect not work with New Gods crossover pack since there's no Super Villain/Super Hero stack?

2) Could you discard as many cards as you want for Kalibak's (New Gods) card effect? "Discard a card: +1 Power"

3) I'm not sure I'm understanding Forever People (New Gods). When you play it, draw a card. Additionally, it would stay in play because it has Ongoing. Is the Ongoing effect useless if your playing as a Super Villian?

1. He does nothing, so I suggest you remove him, as we did at Origins.

2. Yes, you may discard as many cards as you would like from your hand.

3. Not useless. You want to prevent everyone but yourself from defeating Homeworlds, no matter their affiliation.

Bladecom
07-03-2018, 05:15 PM
For Mister Miracle Character.

1. If you discard multiple cards through one action, like being attacked from Forever Evil's Constructs of Fear. Can I choose for 1 card to be in my discard pile, and 1 to be on top of my deck?

2. If I defend an attack with a defense card like Base Set Super Speed, when I discard Super Speed, can I place it on top of my deck, and have that be one of the two cards I draw?

3. If I'm attacked with Base Starro, and don't defend. The top card of my deck is a Kick, and I decide to keep it on top. Is it ever revealed, and does my Foe get to play that card?

4. General clarification, If we have to discard a card, do we choose weather it goes on top (interrupting a card effect), or does it hit our discard, then after the cards resolved we place it on top of our deck?

SpiritDetective
07-03-2018, 11:35 PM
Could we get some clarification for Takion?

If this is a three player game, do we only discard 1 revealed card total or 3 revealed cards total (1 for each player?)

Matt_Hyra
07-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Could we get some clarification for Takion?

If this is a three player game, do we only discard 1 revealed card total or 3 revealed cards total (1 for each player?)

It says to discard "each" revealed card, not "a" revealed card.
One revealed card is shipped to each player, for a total of 3 discarded cards (1/player).

Matt_Hyra
07-13-2018, 09:56 AM
For Mister Miracle Character.

1. If you discard multiple cards through one action, like being attacked from Forever Evil's Constructs of Fear. Can I choose for 1 card to be in my discard pile, and 1 to be on top of my deck?

2. If I defend an attack with a defense card like Base Set Super Speed, when I discard Super Speed, can I place it on top of my deck, and have that be one of the two cards I draw?

3. If I'm attacked with Base Starro, and don't defend. The top card of my deck is a Kick, and I decide to keep it on top. Is it ever revealed, and does my Foe get to play that card?

4. General clarification, If we have to discard a card, do we choose weather it goes on top (interrupting a card effect), or does it hit our discard, then after the cards resolved we place it on top of our deck?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. It was revealed, and it still counts as having been discarded (says so on MM), so Starro will play it.
4. It goes straight to the top of your deck, bypassing your discard pile.

SoulFire93
07-15-2018, 02:43 PM
2 questions for Takion with Harley Quinn and Deadshot (Super Villain characters)

1. With Harley Quinn, does this count as a discard if the player does not receive his card back?

2. Will this always trigger Deadshot, even if no player receives their own card?

Matt_Hyra
07-15-2018, 09:22 PM
2 questions for Takion with Harley Quinn and Deadshot (Super Villain characters)

1. With Harley Quinn, does this count as a discard if the player does not receive his card back?

No

2. Will this always trigger Deadshot, even if no player receives their own card?

Yes

vato315
07-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Darkseid:
While you have 9+ Power, you play 3 less to buy cards with cost 9 or greater this turn.

Does this include Super-Villains and Homeworlds or is it just the line up?

gerrymul
07-18-2018, 10:10 AM
Darkseid:
While you have 9+ Power, you play 3 less to buy cards with cost 9 or greater this turn.

And as a follow up, say you have 13 power, buy the top homeworld (cost 9, you pay 6). You now have only 7 power remaining. Does the paying 3 less for 9+cost cards now go away?

Matt_Hyra
07-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Darkseid:

It would be a pretty bad ability if it only looked to the Line-Up. It works everywhere.

Matt_Hyra
07-18-2018, 11:00 AM
And as a follow up, say you have 13 power, buy the top homeworld (cost 9, you pay 6). You now have only 7 power remaining. Does the paying 3 less for 9+cost cards now go away?

Yes, as it uses the wording "while." So you only get the discount "while" your current Power is 9+.

nolabelsonlyme
07-26-2018, 10:08 AM
Hi, I just tried this set out with my wife and we were curious about conquering homeworlds. Do we have to declare how much power we are using? Say I have 15, more than enough for Level 1, do I say I am throwing 9 at the Homeworld and keeping 6 to buy other cards? Then if the power I put towards the Homeworld is reduced, are my chances of conquering it gone? If I send all 15 at the Homeworld and get it, is the rest of my spending power gone now? Does this make sense?

Matt_Hyra
07-26-2018, 01:05 PM
Hi, I just tried this set out with my wife and we were curious about conquering homeworlds. Do we have to declare how much power we are using? Say I have 15, more than enough for Level 1, do I say I am throwing 9 at the Homeworld and keeping 6 to buy other cards? Then if the power I put towards the Homeworld is reduced, are my chances of conquering it gone? If I send all 15 at the Homeworld and get it, is the rest of my spending power gone now? Does this make sense?

You don't announce how much you are throwing at the Homeworld. You just subtract the cost of the Homeworld from your total, and then have the remaining Power to buy other things. If you are worried about your total being reduced so much that you won't be able to buy something from the Line-Up, you should either buy from the Line-Up first, or skip conquering a Homeworld.

SpatzAI
07-26-2018, 04:29 PM
You don't announce how much you are throwing at the Homeworld. You just subtract the cost of the Homeworld from your total, and then have the remaining Power to buy other things. If you are worried about your total being reduced so much that you won't be able to buy something from the Line-Up, you should either buy from the Line-Up first, or skip conquering a Homeworld.

Let's take the prior poster's example and say he spent all 15 and announces an attack on L1 Homeworld. If an opponent uses 2 points of Protectors on him, he gets the Homeworld and has 4 left to spend. If an opponent uses 7 protectors on him he doesn't get the Homeworld, but can spend 8 on the line up. Is that right?

aoineko
07-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Let's take the prior poster's example and say he spent all 15 and announces an attack on L1 Homeworld. If an opponent uses 2 points of Protectors on him, he gets the Homeworld and has 4 left to spend. If an opponent uses 7 protectors on him he doesn't get the Homeworld, but can spend 8 on the line up. Is that right?

Correct.

Mac_Apple
07-29-2018, 03:16 AM
Parallax doubles your spent Power too, right?

SpiritDetective
07-29-2018, 09:44 AM
If Kalibak tries to buy level 3 New Genesis with 15 power, can Mister Miracle effectively reduce Kalibak down to 0 by continually discarding and drawing the Mister Miracle Hero card?

For New Genesis Level Two’s retaliation, can you add 1 card from your hand and 1 from you discard or do both cards have to come from the same zone?

If we use the Confrontations set, do you declare a Confrontation against a Homeworld? If so and you fail to conquer, do the rules of Confrontation prevent you from buying in the lineup/kick stack?

Matt_Hyra
07-29-2018, 11:57 AM
Parallax doubles your spent Power too, right?

Nope.

Matt_Hyra
07-29-2018, 12:03 PM
If Kalibak tries to buy level 3 New Genesis with 15 power, can Mister Miracle effectively reduce Kalibak down to 0 by continually discarding and drawing the Mister Miracle Hero card?

Yes.

For New Genesis Level Two’s retaliation, can you add 1 card from your hand and 1 from you discard or do both cards have to come from the same zone?

They can come from two different zones.

If we use the Confrontations set, do you declare a Confrontation against a Homeworld? If so and you fail to conquer, do the rules of Confrontation prevent you from buying in the lineup/kick stack?

If you want to trigger Confrontation text, you will have to declare it against the Homeworld. You don't have to declare it just because you are playing Confrontations. Confrontations do indeed prevent you from buying other stuff.

SpiritDetective
08-07-2018, 11:36 AM
In a 5-player game of New Gods, does 1 side have an advantage?

I read that in a 3 player game, the lone faction has a 7% advantage. Just curious in case I can amass a 5 player game.

Matt_Hyra
08-07-2018, 10:09 PM
In a 5-player game of New Gods, does 1 side have an advantage?

I read that in a 3 player game, the lone faction has a 7% advantage. Just curious in case I can amass a 5 player game.

The side with less players will have a slight advantage, maybe around 4% each in a 5p game, as long as everyone is aware and takes the proper steps. Reason being, there will be greater competition for the opposing Homeworld VP cards among the 3p faction. Fortunately, there are some directed Attacks in the set to slow down the perceived leader.

LRoq617
08-09-2018, 06:44 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before...

For the purpose of Chameleon Boy's ability, does he give a card Time Travel?

Example scenario: I discard Kick to TT a Catwoman in the lineup, and then I play Electricity. Would I draw one card or two?

Matt_Hyra
08-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before...

For the purpose of Chameleon Boy's ability, does he give a card Time Travel?

Example scenario: I discard Kick to TT a Catwoman in the lineup, and then I play Electricity. Would I draw one card or two?

He does not give it the keyword, he just does it. So one...

Hunterpeck5
08-10-2018, 01:39 PM
I have a question about the homeworlds levels 1 and 2. In the instructions it says “stack ongoing cards MAY apply to all players” does this mean that the stack ongoing ability on both level 1 and 2 homewolds can be used by everyone playing?

Matt_Hyra
08-10-2018, 05:04 PM
It says "may" because level 3 does not fully apply to both sides. Levels 1 and 2 apply to both sides. So early Heroes and Villains are very good for either faction.

LexLuthorJr
08-13-2018, 08:11 AM
Question about Arsenal:

The first time you buy or gain a card from the line-up with the lowest cost among cards in the line-up during each of your turns, you may destroy a card in your discard pile.

If there are two cards in the line-up that share the lowest cost, does Arsenal only need to buy one to trigger?

MattyTheSquid
08-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Question about Arsenal:

The first time you buy or gain a card from the line-up with the lowest cost among cards in the line-up during each of your turns, you may destroy a card in your discard pile.

If there are two cards in the line-up that share the lowest cost, does Arsenal only need to buy one to trigger?

That's correct. If there are multiple cards that are all tied for the lowest cost, as long as Arsenal buys one of them, he'll be able to destroy a card.

dagcool
08-17-2018, 11:15 AM
A few questions about Ongoings, especially now that Crisis 4 has come out.

1. You can't use Colony Suit to discard something like Lady Vic and get the extra power from both cards, correct? i.e. 2 power from Lady Vic and 3 power from the Colony Suit effect.

2. Can you choose to discard Ongoing cards during your turn? Or must there be a card that tells you to discard an ongoing card? Unity cards don't have the normal TT game text of discard this card for an effect. So other than a card telling you to discard an ongoing, is there any other way of having it cycle through your deck again?

aoineko
08-17-2018, 03:13 PM
A few questions about Ongoings, especially now that Crisis 4 has come out.

1. You can't use Colony Suit to discard something like Lady Vic and get the extra power from both cards, correct? i.e. 2 power from Lady Vic and 3 power from the Colony Suit effect.

2. Can you choose to discard Ongoing cards during your turn? Or must there be a card that tells you to discard an ongoing card? Unity cards don't have the normal TT game text of discard this card for an effect. So other than a card telling you to discard an ongoing, is there any other way of having it cycle through your deck again?

1) Correct. You get one or the other.

2) You cannot just choose to discard an Ongoing card. You will need another effect to discard the Unity cards if you wish to play them again.

SpiritDetective
08-17-2018, 11:54 PM
I have Ancient Map. I use Match to take control of an opponent’s Ancient Map. If I trigger Ancient Map and destroy both Cards does the opponent’s Ancient Map stay destroyed at the end of my turn?

Matt_Hyra
08-18-2018, 12:22 AM
I have Ancient Map. I use Match to take control of an opponent’s Ancient Map. If I trigger Ancient Map and destroy both Cards does the opponent’s Ancient Map stay destroyed at the end of my turn?

They get it back. Effects that don't specifically destroy opposing stuff (i.e. Broadsword) will return cards, as long as the borrowed card isn't in a hidden zone when you are supposed to return it.

LRoq617
08-23-2018, 12:03 AM
This may have been an oversight, but... is Black Lightning able to return cards that he discarded with his own ability? As in, could he discard a 1-cost card (i.e. Venom Injector, Hummingbird Form) to return itself to his hand? If so, this creates infinite power possibilities with Lightning Strike and Per Degaton.

Matt_Hyra
08-23-2018, 11:04 AM
This may have been an oversight, but... is Black Lightning able to return cards that he discarded with his own ability? As in, could he discard a 1-cost card (i.e. Venom Injector, Hummingbird Form) to return itself to his hand? If so, this creates infinite power possibilities with Lightning Strike and Per Degaton.

Perhaps an oversight. Let's just go ahead and rule that you can't return a card you discarded to pay for BL's effect, just to avoid any issues/abuses.

SoulFire93
08-23-2018, 04:05 PM
To add to that, what about returning a 1 cost card other than one you discarded, and continuing that in a loop? Or are each of those cards unable to be returned to hand via Black Lightning for the rest of the turn?

Matt_Hyra
08-23-2018, 10:15 PM
To add to that, what about returning a 1 cost card other than one you discarded, and continuing that in a loop? Or are each of those cards unable to be returned to hand via Black Lightning for the rest of the turn?

Those are fair game.
If you have two 1 drops AND Lightning Strike/Per Degaton in your hand, I'm OK letting you go off.

SpiritDetective
08-26-2018, 07:42 PM
If Crisis Raven draws three cards in one turn to beat someone’s “Out of Control” personal Crisis, how many times did she contribute? Once or three times?

Matt_Hyra
08-26-2018, 11:07 PM
If Crisis Raven draws three cards in one turn to beat someone’s “Out of Control” personal Crisis, how many times did she contribute? Once or three times?

Once, as mentioned on page 8 of the rulebook.

SpiritDetective
08-27-2018, 11:24 PM
If I play 2 Jerichos, can I copy Crisis Starfire’s ability twice and destroy 2 cards?

Matt_Hyra
08-28-2018, 10:05 AM
If I play 2 Jerichos, can I copy Crisis Starfire’s ability twice and destroy 2 cards?

Yes.

Tsweets
09-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Once, as mentioned on page 8 of the rulebook.

But pg 8 of the rule book says:
If the players beat Out of Control by drawing three cards during a player's turn, if one or more of those cards were drawn by Raven, she would have "contributed" to that crisis.

So, I would say Raven contributed 3 times.

Matt_Hyra
09-03-2018, 11:16 PM
But pg 8 of the rule book says:
If the players beat Out of Control by drawing three cards during a player's turn, if one or more of those cards were drawn by Raven, she would have "contributed" to that crisis.

So, I would say Raven contributed 3 times.

It says "if one or more of those cards" so even if she draws all 3 cards, she only contributed once.

gerrymul
09-04-2018, 06:38 PM
So playing Omen Super Hero, I play Match villain card successfully and manage to discard a bunch of an opponent's ongoing - I am able to bottom deck all of those cards, ostensibly stealing them all as they will be in a hidden zone at the end of my turn. When, if at all, would they be returned to the original owner? And how does one track multiple copies that may have been owned by different players?

Matt_Hyra
09-04-2018, 10:12 PM
So playing Omen Super Hero, I play Match villain card successfully and manage to discard a bunch of an opponent's ongoing - I am able to bottom deck all of those cards, ostensibly stealing them all as they will be in a hidden zone at the end of my turn. When, if at all, would they be returned to the original owner? And how does one track multiple copies that may have been owned by different players?

If they are in your deck, they would not be returned, as that is a hidden zone. If there are multiple, the players will need to keep track of who gets what.

gerrymul
09-05-2018, 09:36 AM
If they are in your deck, they would not be returned, as that is a hidden zone. If there are multiple, the players will need to keep track of who gets what.

I seem to recall a ruling though that indicated that when they end up in a visible zone again they are returned at the end of the turn. i.e. if they were to end up in my discard pile again through some means.
Conversely, if they do remain mine until the end of game, do I count their VP, or are they returned to their owner for them to include in their tally?

Matt_Hyra
09-05-2018, 12:55 PM
If there was an older ruling, this overrules that.
If you end the game with a card, you keep it and score it.

Drizzit76
09-06-2018, 05:14 AM
Wonder if someone can help, myself and my friend can confirm if He plays Dr Light attack and I have no locations, can I still use Cosmic Staff Defense to be able to gain the bottom card of the main deck. Basically can you defend an attack if it doesn't apply to you, if the defense gives you something. Playing Forevel Evil DC DGB Expansion for the 1st time last night.

Matt_Hyra
09-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Wonder if someone can help, myself and my friend can confirm if He plays Dr Light attack and I have no locations, can I still use Cosmic Staff Defense to be able to gain the bottom card of the main deck. Basically can you defend an attack if it doesn't apply to you, if the defense gives you something. Playing Forevel Evil DC DGB Expansion for the 1st time last night.

Yes, you may always defend yourself from any Attack, whether it will do anything or not.
Note that on targeted Attacks, the attacker must always choose a target, even if they believe the Attack won't actually do anything.

SpiritDetective
09-06-2018, 01:57 PM

Hey Matt,

Match says when the foe's ongoing leaves play they go to their discard pile. Does Omen's ability override that?

Matt_Hyra
09-06-2018, 05:58 PM
Hey Matt,

Match says when the foe's ongoing leaves play they go to their discard pile. Does Omen's ability override that?

No.
Match's wording uses the word "instead," so that overrides. Instead is a replacement effect, which has precedent.

dagcool
09-07-2018, 07:19 AM
So does anyone have a legitimate way to steal an opponents card? I'm just curious, could be any set or even combination.

gerrymul
09-07-2018, 09:20 AM
No.
Match's wording uses the word "instead," so that overrides. Instead is a replacement effect, which has precedent.

Ok, that clarifies things for me with my line of questioning above. Thanks to SpiritDetective for drilling down to the crux of the issue, and thanks Matt for the answer. Omen and Match together would be pretty nasty paired with a couple of Colony Suits if you didn't rule this way.

Drizzit76
09-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Much appreciated for the confirmation

Jim2809
09-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Question , when playing crisis four and the crisis that states if you contribute to a personal crisis add a card to the lineup. Does that count for when you destroy a card for the other crisis that says when 2 or more cards are destroyed during a players turn.

So the situation was player 2 had destroy 2 or more crisis and I had contribute add card he chose me to destroy a card , does that internet mean I am contributing to his crisis??

LexLuthorJr
09-14-2018, 02:53 PM
So does anyone have a legitimate way to steal an opponents card? I'm just curious, could be any set or even combination.

Other than a card that passes (Insanity, for example), the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Impossible Mode Black Adam.

SpiritDetective
09-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Takion (New Gods) - You could choose to put the opponent's revealed card into your discard pile.

If you managed to Teamwork (Rogues) an ongoing card and it isn't discarded by the end of the game, you've effectively stolen it.

MattyTheSquid
09-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Question , when playing crisis four and the crisis that states if you contribute to a personal crisis add a card to the lineup. Does that count for when you destroy a card for the other crisis that says when 2 or more cards are destroyed during a players turn.

So the situation was player 2 had destroy 2 or more crisis and I had contribute add card he chose me to destroy a card , does that internet mean I am contributing to his crisis??

Sorry for the late answer, Jim2809. In the situation you described above (it sounds like you're describing an interaction where you have Unappreciated, your teammate has Survivor's Guilt, and they've chosen to let you destroy a card with Warm Embrace), you would be considered to be contributing to your teammate's Survivor's Guilt Crisis when you destroy your card, and would therefore have to add the top card of the main deck to the Line-Up due to your Unappreciated Crisis's drawback.

ArX_Xer0
09-23-2018, 12:40 AM
Question for "The Flash" the big Hero card.

It says to draw one time when a card allows you to draw. If you are playing with 2 big hero cards. Let's say The Flash and Cyborg, does the Flash draw when cyborg draws from activating an equipment?

aoineko
09-23-2018, 07:21 AM
Question for "The Flash" the big Hero card.

It says to draw one time when a card allows you to draw. If you are playing with 2 big hero cards. Let's say The Flash and Cyborg, does the Flash draw when cyborg draws from activating an equipment?

No. Character abilities do not trigger The Flash's effect.

ArX_Xer0
10-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Another Question for the Big Hero Card Bizarro from Forever Evil.

His ability says "when you destroy a card" gain a weakness.

1)Does his hero ability trigger when a Super villain destroys a card that Bizarro's player owns?

2) Does his hero ability trigger when someone else destroys a card Bizarro's player owns?

Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
10-09-2018, 10:05 AM
Another Question for the Big Hero Card Bizarro from Forever Evil.

His ability says "when you destroy a card" gain a weakness.

1)Does his hero ability trigger when a Super villain destroys a card that Bizarro's player owns?

2) Does his hero ability trigger when someone else destroys a card Bizarro's player owns?

Thanks!

1. Yes, as you are the one destroying it. Attacks typically say that "you" destroy a card you control/in hand, etc.
2. The person playing The Broadsword gets to choose the card to destroy, and the verbiage calls on the person playing The Broadsword to destroy it, so Bizarro is not destroying a card in this case.

Acedoption
10-18-2018, 02:01 PM
So a question I had come up as I'm working on a mixed set. Say I'm playing as Kalibak, and I control the Mother Box. I play Jericho, and attack another player who is Big Barda. I now control both a Superhero and Supervillain, would I've able to use both uses of Mother Box, AKA, Draw a card and Destroy a card?

Matt_Hyra
10-18-2018, 05:28 PM
So a question I had come up as I'm working on a mixed set. Say I'm playing as Kalibak, and I control the Mother Box. I play Jericho, and attack another player who is Big Barda. I now control both a Superhero and Supervillain, would I've able to use both uses of Mother Box, AKA, Draw a card and Destroy a card?

No, as you are only gaining the game text of the opposing Super Hero with Jericho.
If you actually got the SH card in front of you, even for the turn, you would be able to active the Mother Box SH ability.

SpiritDetective
10-19-2018, 08:41 PM
If Aquamam uses the Riddler, does Aquaman have to show the card he gained through the Riddler before putting it on top of his deck?

Matt_Hyra
10-20-2018, 08:35 AM
If Aquamam uses the Riddler, does Aquaman have to show the card he gained through the Riddler before putting it on top of his deck?

Yes, to verify its cost.

LRoq617
11-08-2018, 05:59 AM
Have a question about the Rivals 2 location, New Korugar. Some Defense clauses might need some clarification for those of us that mix sets. Clauses like those found on Bulletproof or The Cape and Cowl are pretty self-explanatory. But consider the following:

Donna Troy (Confrontations) and Steve Trevor (Confrontations) - Do you still have to discard the card? This falls under the same "If you..." clause as the cards mentioned above.

Astro Harness (Crossover 7) and Jaime Reyes (Teen Titans) - This one is odd. The Defense action forces you to put the card into play. But what happens on your next turn? Do you just not play the card and put in your discard pile with the rest of your non-Ongoing cards?

Donna Troy (Crisis 4) - This one also seems like it just becomes a reveal Defense ala Blue Beetle, but is that the case? Do you still have to discard either Donna or an Ongoing and skip drawing the card completely?

I appreicate any forthcoming answers and clarifications. Thanks!

aoineko
11-08-2018, 11:12 AM
Have a question about the Rivals 2 location, New Korugar. Some Defense clauses might need some clarification for those of us that mix sets. Clauses like those found on Bulletproof or The Cape and Cowl are pretty self-explanatory. But consider the following:

Donna Troy (Confrontations) and Steve Trevor (Confrontations) - Do you still have to discard the card? This falls under the same "If you..." clause as the cards mentioned above.

Astro Harness (Crossover 7) and Jaime Reyes (Teen Titans) - This one is odd. The Defense action forces you to put the card into play. But what happens on your next turn? Do you just not play the card and put in your discard pile with the rest of your non-Ongoing cards?

Donna Troy (Crisis 4) - This one also seems like it just becomes a reveal Defense ala Blue Beetle, but is that the case? Do you still have to discard either Donna or an Ongoing and skip drawing the card completely?

I appreicate any forthcoming answers and clarifications. Thanks!

Both Donna Troy cards and Steve Trevor become free Defenses with New Korugar out.

Astro Harness and Jaime Reyes would get discarded with no effect at the end of your next turn. You would still count as controlling them for any effects looking for controlling an Equipment or Hero.

LRoq617
11-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Here's an unusual one:

Let's say I'm mixing TTG with other sets. TTG was designed with Weakness cards that aren't named Weakness. If a foe plays Twin Destroyers of Azarath, I assume this will not allow me to destroy an original Weakness from hand. But what about destroying something like Shapeshift, which also has the name Weakness?

Matt_Hyra
11-29-2018, 08:44 AM
Here's an unusual one:

Let's say I'm mixing TTG with other sets. TTG was designed with Weakness cards that aren't named Weakness. If a foe plays Twin Destroyers of Azarath, I assume this will not allow me to destroy an original Weakness from hand. But what about destroying something like Shapeshift, which also has the name Weakness?

Can't destroy a Weakness card with TDoA as it reads: "each other player may destroy a non-Weakness card in their hand." TTG Weakness cards are "Weakness cards." And since Shapeshift has the name Weakness, you can't destroy it either.

pokewixx
12-26-2018, 08:31 PM
The question about stealing a card i believe is now possible if you are combining teen titans and rivals 2 and using any heroes and you choose a teamwork SV. You could use teamwork into cadmus labs as long as its a hero/villian card under 3 cost and then using green lantern power ring to draw 2 and putting their card on top of your deck causing loss of sight at end turn.

Vampicholo
01-01-2019, 11:56 AM
What happens if I use black lantern Superman in my opponent discard pile, then my first super power is an attack that I use against the same player, he use a defense to protect himself and that make him shuffle his library. Do I get to use the rest of the super powers or what happend?

Matt_Hyra
01-01-2019, 02:06 PM
What happens if I use black lantern Superman in my opponent discard pile, then my first super power is an attack that I use against the same player, he use a defense to protect himself and that make him shuffle his library. Do I get to use the rest of the super powers or what happend?

You need to remove all of the Super Powers in order to be able to choose the order in which you play them. When they shuffle as part of the Defense, that does not affect the number of SPs you get to play.

HufflepuffHunter
01-03-2019, 11:44 AM
In the Original Set, say I play Dark Knight and Catwoman on my turn and use them to buy Clayface. I then put Clayface into my hand and play it on my Dark Knight. Can I then put Clayface back into my hand and repeat? If I keep playing him on Dark Knight and keep putting him back into my hand, that would essentially be an unlimited amount of power. Is that allowed?

Matt_Hyra
01-03-2019, 12:55 PM
In the Original Set, say I play Dark Knight and Catwoman on my turn and use them to buy Clayface. I then put Clayface into my hand and play it on my Dark Knight. Can I then put Clayface back into my hand and repeat? If I keep playing him on Dark Knight and keep putting him back into my hand, that would essentially and unlimited amount of power. Is that allowed?

Once you put Clayface into your hand, it is hidden from some players, so it loses all qualities on it (it is no longer a card you bought or gained this turn). When it goes to your discard pile, that is visible to all players, so it retains the quality.

So the second time you play The Dark Knight, it doesn't recognize Clayface as a card you acquired that turn.
Why? Because you could have had 2 copies of Clayface in your hand at the time, and who is to say which is which?

ApolloJ
02-07-2019, 02:17 PM
I had a question with the Aquaman Level 2&3 cards in DC Confrontations. If you draw during your turn and have to shuffle your discard pile, can you choose to use your hero ability before the deck gets shuffled?

aoineko
02-07-2019, 08:08 PM
I had a question with the Aquaman Level 2&3 cards in DC Confrontations. If you draw during your turn and have to shuffle your discard pile, can you choose to use your hero ability before the deck gets shuffled?

Yes, but you would have to use Aquaman's effect before playing the card that is causing you to shuffle.

dagcool
02-26-2019, 07:39 AM
A friend and I were playing with two oversized superheroes. He was playing with the Flash and Zatanna. Zatanna's ability allows you to put a card with cost 1 or greater on the bottom of your deck to draw a card. The Flash states that when a card tells you to draw (once per turn) you get a second. We were trying to figure out if Zatanna's ability counted as a card to get a second draw. Since he picked those two characters for that reason, we played it out that way, but were curious on whether the oversized counted as "cards".

Matt_Hyra
02-26-2019, 11:24 AM
A friend and I were playing with two oversized superheroes. He was playing with the Flash and Zatanna. Zatanna's ability allows you to put a card with cost 1 or greater on the bottom of your deck to draw a card. The Flash states that when a card tells you to draw (once per turn) you get a second. We were trying to figure out if Zatanna's ability counted as a card to get a second draw. Since he picked those two characters for that reason, we played it out that way, but were curious on whether the oversized counted as "cards".

They do not count as "cards." We wanted to get this across by only referring to them as "Oversized Super Heroes" in rulebooks of late.

LRoq617
03-01-2019, 06:00 AM
Question regarding Rivals 2: Let's say I choose to Confront my opponent and play Bekka at some point during my turn, then Confront my opponent for enough to beat their character. If they discard a Block card to raise their cost, will Bekka's additional +3 Power kick in (assuming it hasn't already) to raise the Power I have to Confront my opponent? Or was the amount of Power already locked in prior to passing the priority to my opponent to discard any Block cards?

Matt_Hyra
03-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Question regarding Rivals 2: Let's say I choose to Confront my opponent and play Bekka at some point during my turn, then Confront my opponent for enough to beat their character. If they discard a Block card to raise their cost, will Bekka's additional +3 Power kick in (assuming it hasn't already) to raise the Power I have to Confront my opponent? Or was the amount of Power already locked in prior to passing the priority to my opponent to discard any Block cards?

A Block discard will add to your Confrontation Power for the turn.

Foxx_Wertas
03-06-2019, 06:25 PM
We just bought Multiverse and we've come a new thing. Several cards are coming up to add cards to the lineup from your hand or destroyed. Can Starters or Weaknesses be added to a lineup? If so how are they bought? Does the next person just gain them for free or do they stat until someone choses to buy them?

Matt_Hyra
03-07-2019, 02:51 AM
The Multiverse rulebook says to only select from cards that would be in the main deck from the set you are drawing from. So no Starters. If somehow a Starter were to enter the Line-Up, a player could buy it at no cost. It is a choice, though, and not a must-buy. They would likely sit forever, so we try to avoid things that would add them to the LU.

SpiritDetective
03-10-2019, 09:34 PM
If I am attacked by Impossible Mode Psimon and destroy two cards while I have the Colony, can I place those two cards under the Colony?

Matt_Hyra
03-11-2019, 04:22 PM
If I am attacked by Impossible Mode Psimon and destroy two cards while I have the Colony, can I place those two cards under the Colony?

Yes.

Bones304
03-18-2019, 01:29 AM
Can you destroy a weakness in your hand or are you forced to throw it down before everything even if you have a card that says you may destroy a card in your hand?

aoineko
03-18-2019, 01:19 PM
Can you destroy a weakness in your hand or are you forced to throw it down before everything even if you have a card that says you may destroy a card in your hand?

Yes (assuming you're talking about normal base set Weakness cards), you can destroy a Weakness in your hand.

Bones304
03-18-2019, 02:28 PM
Thank you Aoineko, yes I was talking about the normal Weakness, I should have clarified, but yes, and you answered my question, so thank you ! Cheers

Bones304
03-18-2019, 02:33 PM
Is there a different rule about Weakness for tournaments?

Now my friend is saying they play at game theory all the time and the way they play is you can't destroy a weakness in hand only the discard pile.

But that would mean they are playing wrong or changed the basic rules. And he keeps saying like "I've read the rule book". But I'm the one actually sitting here reading the rule book to check, but still not sure.

aoineko
03-18-2019, 03:51 PM
Is there a different rule about Weakness for tournaments?

Now my friend is saying they play at game theory all the time and the way they play is you can't destroy a weakness in hand only the discard pile.

But that would mean they are playing wrong or changed the basic rules. And he keeps saying like "I've read the rule book". But I'm the one actually sitting here reading the rule book to check, but still not sure.

Some tournaments do use their own unofficial rules variants. My answer above is the standard way to play outlined by the rules.

Bones304
03-18-2019, 04:01 PM
So you have to play your weakness first right?

Then once the Weakness is in play you can still destroy it if you have a card "You may destroy a card in your hand"?

Or do you do it at the same time? Like throw down your weakness + the destroy card

aoineko
03-18-2019, 08:30 PM
So you have to play your weakness first right?

Then once the Weakness is in play you can still destroy it if you have a card "You may destroy a card in your hand"?

Or do you do it at the same time? Like throw down your weakness + the destroy card

You don't have to play your Weakness cards first (Unless you are playing with Teen Titans Go! Weakness cards). Also, if you have a card effect that would destroy a card in your hand, you cannot destroy a card you played.

Bones304
03-18-2019, 11:08 PM
Thank you thank you, glad to clear this up finally I wasn't sure to believe him or not, but just because they play every day doesn't mean they are playing correctly

Bones304
03-18-2019, 11:09 PM
I thought it was wierd because I bought a card from Line-Up that lets you destroy a card in hand. When I finally got to the card and had a weakness in hand, I tried to destroy, and they told me I can only do it from the discard and that I have to play weakness first lol. I thought something was off.

gerrymul
03-19-2019, 09:23 AM
Yeah, your friends are so off base it's not even funny. If you play it, it's no longer in your hand and thus couldn't be destroyed by that card. The only way to destroy a card in play is with Magic from Crisis 1, or with one of the newer sets that allow you to target cards you control or in play.

ArX_Xer0
03-19-2019, 02:06 PM
Question: when a villain first appearance says "pass 1 card to the player to your right" or to your left". What should the player do if both players on the right and left have used defenses? Should they discard? Does the last player without a defense do nothing?

Matt_Hyra
03-19-2019, 05:23 PM
Question: when a villain first appearance says "pass 1 card to the player to your right" or to your left". What should the player do if both players on the right and left have used defenses? Should they discard? Does the last player without a defense do nothing?

Anyone who defends does not pass or receive a card. So if there is just one player at the table who does not avoid the Attack, they pass the card to their own hand/discard pile.

Foxx_Wertas
04-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Multiverse question.
If I play Man-Bat Serum (and I'm gaining enough power to destroy it at the end of turn) and I play The Hourglass to put it back into my hand at the end of turn, do I pick the order it happens? Can I put it back in my hand before it's destroyed?

Matt_Hyra
04-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Multiverse question.
If I play Man-Bat Serum (and I'm gaining enough power to destroy it at the end of turn) and I play The Hourglass to put it back into my hand at the end of turn, do I pick the order it happens? Can I put it back in my hand before it's destroyed?

Yes, you can choose the order and save your MBS.