View Full Version : DC Tournament Orlando, FL 8-12-18

N-Finite
07-22-2018, 06:08 PM
Tournament Details

* Sunday, August 12th, 2018
* At Cool Stuff Games in WATERFORD LAKES ORLANDO, FL
* REGISTRATION 11:00 am
* STARTS at 11:30 am
* 4 or 5 rounds of swiss (depending on the number of players). With a top cut of 4.
* $5 Entry
* Please Bring your copy of the base set DC Deck Building Game Heroes Unite, Forever Evil & Teen Titans expansion if you have them. An additional raffle ticket will be rewarded for bringing them, as we may need them for the event.
* Feel free to invite other players! An additional raffle ticket will be rewarded for bringing a new player to the event.

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE & POINTS:

- 4 Round Pod Tournament with a cut to Top 4
- Round Time: 45 Minutes
- 3 to 4 Player Pods

We will only use 8 out of the 12 Super-Villains for the set each round. This consists of the starter villain and 7 random Super-villains (or 6 random Super-villains and the final Super-villain). This is how the game normally plays in the rulebook.

At the end of Round time, play continues until each player has had the same number of turns.

Players will earn points at game end in the following order according to how many VP (Victory Points) they have accumulated:

1st: 5 points
2nd: 3 points
3rd: 2 points
4th: 2 points

Tiebreakers:
If points are tied in VP, the game moves to Tiebreaker #1 and a Tiebreaker #2 to determine 1st - 4th placement.
The tiebreakers are:

Tiebreaker #1: Most Super-Villains defeated at rounds end
Tiebreaker #2: Most cards in your deck at rounds end

At the end of the last round, Top Cuts are decided by the highest total of points accumulated from each round. Tiebreakers for Top Cut are decided by whoever defeated the most Super-Villains defeated throughout the tournament.

Top Cut:
** TOP 8 (depending on the number of players) **
If the top cut for this event will be Top 8, the players will be placed as follows:
Table #1: 1st, 4th, 5th, 8th
Table #2: 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th
Only the top 2 players from each table will move on to the Top 4, where a winner will be determined.

TOP 4:
Only the top 4 players with the best records from the Pod style tournament will move on to Top 4

Game Format ("All For One" Format):
Round 1 DC Comics Deck Building Game Base Set
Round 2 Heroes Unite
Round 3 Forever Evil
Round 4 Teen Titans
Top 4 Crisis 4 w/ Teen Titans (If Crisis 4 is released on-time)

Characters:
All 69 characters will be used except Confrontations, Teen Titans Go, Rivals, Crisis and New Gods will NOT be used. (Promo characters Joker, Skitter, Vixen and Black Lightning are included in this list.) Each player will remove a character as an option. Then each player will choose 1 of the remaining to use for the rest of the tournament.

Specific Rules:

Buying:
Once a Player has moved a card to their Discard Pile from the Line-up and they are no longer physically touching the card, then the Buy is final.

Ending Your Turn:
Once a Player has announced they are done with their turn, then their turn is over. Any player taking their turn early will be considered cheating.

Keywords Time Travel and Teamwork are allowed, but expansion cards from the sets containing are not. With that said, the following DC characters cards will be removed from the list of playable Superheros/Super-Villains:

Banned Cards:

Phantom Girl
(Reason: Expansion cards with Time Travel will not be used.)

Huntress and Batwoman
(Reason: Expansion cards with 90-degree effects will not be used.)

Superboy Prime

Feel free to contact Cory Goff (N-Finite in the cryptozoic forums) or Robert "Bobby" Clark (Cool Stuff Inc. store manager at Waterford Lakes) for further details.

Bladecom
07-22-2018, 08:10 PM
You have two different dates listed, but I assume you mean that it's on Aug 12th, which is the Sunday?

Also what are the prizes that are being offered for this event. I see a $5 Entry fee, and a mention of a raffle, but it's unclear what we're competing for.

AaronH
07-23-2018, 03:55 PM
oh boy oh boy oh boy

I'm not sure what my work schedule is that day, but if I'm hoping I can make it to this one.

N-Finite
07-27-2018, 09:35 AM
You have two different dates listed, but I assume you mean that it's on Aug 12th, which is the Sunday?

Also what are the prizes that are being offered for this event. I see a $5 Entry fee, and a mention of a raffle, but it's unclear what we're competing for.

Sorry for the late reply. Your correct. The tournament date will be Sunday the 12th. There will be copies of expansions for prizes.

AaronH
08-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Aaaand I'm working during the entire event. Hope it goes well Cory.

N-Finite
08-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Aaaand I'm working during the entire event. Hope it goes well Cory.

:(

Thanks. Maybe in September.