PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth Question

N-Finite
03-07-2019, 03:24 PM
Could you share which characters will be playable in Rebirth?

Any Promo characters with the first print run?

Akatzukilord
03-07-2019, 05:33 PM
this is the description :

"Classic DC Deck-Building Game mechanics with Campaign Scenarios, character progression, with villain and character movement

Play as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, The Flash, Jessica Cruz, or Simon Baz. The Justice League is back!

Each Scenario includes SPECIAL RULES, NEW CARDS, and DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. Plus SIDE MISSIONS!

Play Cooperatively, Competitively, or Solo!"

Matt_Hyra
03-07-2019, 10:34 PM
No promos in the Rebirth box due to the nature of the product (progression, standees, etc).
We will have a launch kit, though.

SpiritDetective
03-26-2019, 11:16 AM
In Rebirth, are you the same character across the 8 scenario run or are there points at which you can change characters?

aoineko
03-26-2019, 06:58 PM
In Rebirth, are you the same character across the 8 scenario run or are there points at which you can change characters?

There is nothing stopping you from switching characters mid-campaign, but it's designed with the intention that you play through it as the same character so you can see your deck evolve.

destroth
04-07-2019, 04:45 AM
what is a launch kit and how do we get it?

Matt_Hyra
04-07-2019, 12:10 PM
what is a launch kit and how do we get it?

It's a kit that retailers can order to help raise awareness of the game when it launches.
It comes with several copies of the Training Scenario and 1 Playmat.

Your store (or their distributor) can order it through PSI.

Red21126
04-15-2019, 08:37 AM
Apologies for missing this, but did the entire engine of Rebirth change? It's listed under Cerebus now and compatible with the other DC games. I know the marketing material used to boast about the new engine being used, but that info is gone.

aoineko
04-15-2019, 09:04 AM
Engine hasn't changed much at all during design. It's always been a Cerberus variant, like Confrontations or Attack on Titan. The core game mechanisms are the same, but there are new mechanisms added on as well.

N-Finite
04-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Is there a Rebirth launch kit retailer flyer I can share with my local gaming store?

Matt_Hyra
04-24-2019, 10:22 AM
Is there a Rebirth launch kit retailer flyer I can share with my local gaming store?

Not yet, but soon.

SpiritDetective
07-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Is Rebirth releasing simultaneously with the Cryptozoic sales at Gen Con or is that a pre release?

Matt_Hyra
07-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Is Rebirth releasing simultaneously with the Cryptozoic sales at Gen Con or is that a pre release?

Simultaneous release at hobby and GC. Some hobby shops might have it the day before GC.

BenJazz
07-02-2019, 07:04 AM
With the plethora of additional content that is coming with the Rebirth set (i.e. scenario packs, character-advancent cards, character standees, locations + Basic stacks, threat track and new tokens/tiles), will we be seeing a newly designed insert for the game to help manage/organize the new components?

BenJazz
07-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Also, did we ever get a confirmation on the Launch Kit Item code or flyer?

Matt_Hyra
07-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Here it is. We are sending them out to stores this week.

BenJazz
07-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Great! I will let me retailer know.

So... about that insert :D I feel this one may stay separate from the Multiverse Box as I can't imagine it being easier to organize with just the divider.

Matt_Hyra
07-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Great! I will let me retailer know.

So... about that insert :D I feel this one may stay separate from the Multiverse Box as I can't imagine it being easier to organize with just the divider.

Yes, Rebirth is much better stored on its own. However, if people are playing Multiverse, at least there is a place to put them in the big box for easier, temporary access.

BenJazz
07-14-2019, 10:01 AM
With just under 3 weeks until the release, will we be seeing a digital version of the Rulebook going up on the website? :D

Matt_Hyra
07-14-2019, 10:18 AM
With just under 3 weeks until the release, will we be seeing a digital version of the Rulebook going up on the website? :D

Possibly next week. Comic-Con is this week.
I'm also going to write a preview article.

BenJazz
07-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Great! Thanks for all your hard work.

aaronne07
07-14-2019, 07:45 PM
looking forward to this at gen con. i was concerned when i first read the quick description, talking about scenarios and campaigns. it sounded a lot like marvel legends deckbuilder which is garbage compared to the DC deckbuilder. but i watched the video on this game that crypto has up and it sounds interesting and nothing like the marvel legends game. so you got me, i'll give it a go. Will def be hitting up crypto's booth at gen con on thursday.

SpiritDetective
07-14-2019, 09:44 PM
Iím very curious to read in the rule book how to migrate cards from the older sets into Rebirth.

BenJazz
07-15-2019, 10:50 AM
looking forward to this at gen con. i was concerned when i first read the quick description, talking about scenarios and campaigns. it sounded a lot like marvel legends deckbuilder which is garbage compared to the DC deckbuilder. but i watched the video on this game that crypto has up and it sounds interesting and nothing like the marvel legends game. so you got me, i'll give it a go. Will def be hitting up crypto's booth at gen con on thursday.

FYI Cryptozoic has pre-orders available for Gen Con pick-up through BGG. The link below will show you all of Crypto's products for sale and the new releases have the green button for the Pre-Order. Pre-Orders are accepted until July 26 and you can stop by the booth to pick-up whenever is convenient for you :)

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekpreview/13/gen-con-2019-preview?sort=publisher&parentitem=6081

N-Finite
07-15-2019, 03:31 PM
What card type are the purple cards? It's hard to read them in the image.

aaronne07
07-15-2019, 05:24 PM
FYI Cryptozoic has pre-orders available for Gen Con pick-up through BGG. The link below will show you all of Crypto's products for sale and the new releases have the green button for the Pre-Order. Pre-Orders are accepted until July 26 and you can stop by the booth to pick-up whenever is convenient for you :)

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekpreview/13/gen-con-2019-preview?sort=publisher&parentitem=6081

i saw this. i'm seriously considering it to ensure i get a copy!

aaronne07
07-15-2019, 05:30 PM
i am thinking about picking up the small metal painted DC superhero minis i've seen in places like Walmart to replace some of the main characters little cards with stands. Seems like a cool way to enhance the feel of the game using awesome minis.

BenJazz
07-15-2019, 06:36 PM
What card type are the purple cards? It's hard to read them in the image.

I believe they are identified as Basic for their type. I saw somewhere else that there is a new sub-type of Move on a number of the cards.

SpiritDetective
07-15-2019, 09:53 PM
i am thinking about picking up the small metal painted DC superhero minis i've seen in places like Walmart to replace some of the main characters little cards with stands. Seems like a cool way to enhance the feel of the game using awesome minis.

You could replace them with Mighty Meeples and go Proto-Rebirth.

N-Finite
07-19-2019, 07:37 AM

Only issue I see with this is there are 2 characters that don't come in metal minis

N-Finite
07-19-2019, 07:41 AM
Are there any plans to sell a set of upgraded characters (Mighty Meeples or something) for Rebirth? I'm guessing this depends on sales.

N-Finite
07-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Since DC Rebirth comes with standees, I decided to get myself some character upgrades. :D

aoineko
07-21-2019, 12:51 PM
Since DC Rebirth comes with standees, I decided to get myself some character upgrades. :D

Nice. I was really hoping they would release a new Simon in the Rebirth set.

Matt_Hyra
07-22-2019, 01:14 PM
Are there any plans to sell a set of upgraded characters (Mighty Meeples or something) for Rebirth? I'm guessing this depends on sales.

Not so far, but anything is possible.

shadowking01
07-23-2019, 02:49 PM
Nice. I was really hoping they would release a new Simon in the Rebirth set.

What do you mean New Simon? To my knowledge this is his first appearance in the DC Deck Building Game

BenJazz
07-23-2019, 07:38 PM
What do you mean New Simon? To my knowledge this is his first appearance in the DC Deck Building Game

I think he is talking about the Heroclix Rebirth set, not DC DBG.

aoineko
07-24-2019, 04:22 PM

Yeah, I was talking about Heroclix. Sorry for the confusion. His current sculpt isn’t that great. I knew they had announced the first appearance of Jessica Cruz in the Heroclix Rebirth set, so I had hoped her sector partner would get a better sculpt in that set.

SpiritDetective
07-25-2019, 02:12 PM
My FLGS’s distributor has a release date of 8/7. Does anyone have a release date of 8/1 to coincide with Gen Con 2019?

gerrymul
08-01-2019, 09:52 AM
So has anyone found a copy yet? I'll be making calls later today, but don't hold out much hope as I'm on the West Coast (shipping - sigh), AND I'm in Canada (borders....)

N-Finite
08-02-2019, 07:24 AM
I picked up my copy yesterday at my FLGS

Matt_Hyra
08-04-2019, 05:48 AM
Please post Rebirth questions in the main sticky rules thread.