PDA

View Full Version : DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt VIII

Matt_Hyra
07-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Post your DC DBG questions and comments here, especially about Rebirth!
Check out the preview article here: https://www.cryptozoic.com/articles/dc-deck-building-game-rebirth-%E2%80%94-overview-0
Preview article now contains a link to the rulebook (near the end)!

Couple of quick Rebirth reminders:
~Line-Up slots might end up with multiple cards in them. You may buy any card in a slot.
~Destroyed Weakness cards ARE returned to the stack.
~Open Scenario packs with the number facing you. The first thing you should see is the Rebirth Logo. If not, flip the cards over before reading anything.
~Ongoing cards stay in play turn after turn when they are played (until used by discarding them).
~Scenario 6: Threat Level 5 is covered by Threat Tile I, not J. There is no J.

SPOILERS
~Scenario 7 transitioning to 8. Destroyed Villains are not removed from the main deck.

SpiritDetective
08-05-2019, 08:09 AM
"Does the Secret Card from Scenario 1 remain by the threat track for the remaining Scenarios or is it packed up with Scenario 1 after completion?"

Tsweets
08-05-2019, 10:51 AM
As the other colours are named in crisis 2 expansion rules under FAQ, and as indigo is reference on ‘channeling the emotional spectrum’ from that expansion,
Do the new basic cards have an “indigo” color?

Matt_Hyra
08-05-2019, 04:26 PM
"Does the Secret Card from Scenario 1 remain by the threat track for the remaining Scenarios or is it packed up with Scenario 1 after completion?"

All Secret Cards are just for that specific Scenario.
As the rulebook says on page 8:

"If you win, place all of the cards that came from the Scenario Pack back into it for future plays (except for Side Mission cards)."

Matt_Hyra
08-05-2019, 07:40 PM
As the other colours are named in crisis 2 expansion rules under FAQ, and as indigo is reference on ‘channeling the emotional spectrum’ from that expansion,
Do the new basic cards have an “indigo” color?

Yes! Basics should be considered to be Indigo colored cards.

dagcool
08-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Does Reverse Flash stop traveling when he runs into a hero? Or does he only not move when a hero starts on his space?

aoineko
08-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Does Reverse Flash stop traveling when he runs into a hero? Or does he only not move when a hero starts on his space?

He stops moving if he enters a space with a player’s standee.

aaronne07
08-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Picked it up at gencon and attempted to play scenario one on monday. we had some rules question: when you at a line-up slot that has multiple cards, can you buy any card at spot, or only the top card? We played it that you could only access the top card. This made it really difficult to get good cards that get buried.

if it's only the top card, what happens to a villain thats the top card? does it get buried if another card goes on top of it?

if a location has two villains, one being a super villain, can you defeat the super villain first or do you have to clear the spot of other villains (similar to crisis requirements)?

i really need to give this game another go, but i may have lost my playing partner as he wasnt impressed. this was a really difficult game, more so than any normal crisis game. i dont mind difficult, but it felt like it was impossible to actually build a deck. that was one of my huge issues with the marvel legendary deck building game, it was just too slow in the deck building process. we had a rough go, trying to build a solid deck that can take out super villains at +2 with a hand full of starter garbage. normally in other games you try to purge the starter cards. but this game had really good cards that play off of those starter cards. so you have to choose, have a hand full of starter cards for the cards that play off of them, or purge your hand for better cards. it was interesting.

maybe with these rule clarifications the game will click a little better. i love the risk you guys took, taking your basic deck building premise and almost making a legacy game with the different scenarios and actions in game 1 impacting future games. im looking forward to trying it again soon.

aoineko
08-06-2019, 11:03 PM
You can buy any card from each space. There is no concept of stacking cards in this game.

You can defeat the Super-Villain even if there are Villains in the same space.

It’s definitely difficult for new players not used to coordinating their turns. Hopefully, the above clarifications will make the game easier for you. I’d also like to point out that it might seem dire halfway through some games, but you’ll be amazed how much a coordinated team can turn it around.

SpiritDetective
08-06-2019, 11:34 PM
Does Shields Up allow everyone defended to draw a card or just the card owner?

Matt_Hyra
08-06-2019, 11:43 PM
Does Shields Up allow everyone defended to draw a card or just the card owner?

Just the card owner. If it were to be more than that, it would read: Each player whose Character avoids this Attack draws a card. Or something like that.

Matt_Hyra
08-06-2019, 11:44 PM

Rulebook page 20: Reverse-Flash: His double movement is still stopped by Characters.

ab_e26
08-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Hi Cryptozoic,

Just to clarify, I just picked up the game and read the rule book today and having my first go at it tomorrow, but there were slight confusions/concernsin the rules.

(1) I was wondering if the scenario ends after you beat the fifth super-villain, if there is/are another super-villain(s) (6th, 7th, or the 8th) in the line-up must we clear all the super-villains or just focus on the fifth one that appeared?

(2) For Signature cards, it said we use them after we beat a scenario and gain one per each scenario success, does that mean each player for the cooperative campaign gains it, or only the player that wins (beat the last super-villain)? and does competitive play only the winner (most victory points) gets it. Can you just give a little more clarification on how the signature cards are gained, because if one player

Thanks,

ab_e26

aoineko
08-08-2019, 09:25 PM
Hi Cryptozoic,

Just to clarify, I just picked up the game and read the rule book today and having my first go at it tomorrow, but there were slight confusions/concernsin the rules.

(1) I was wondering if the scenario ends after you beat the fifth super-villain, if there is/are another super-villain(s) (6th, 7th, or the 8th) in the line-up must we clear all the super-villains or just focus on the fifth one that appeared?

(2) For Signature cards, it said we use them after we beat a scenario and gain one per each scenario success, does that mean each player for the cooperative campaign gains it, or only the player that wins (beat the last super-villain)? and does competitive play only the winner (most victory points) gets it. Can you just give a little more clarification on how the signature cards are gained, because if one player

Thanks,

ab_e26

1) The game ends when you defeat 5 Super-Villains, not necessarily the "5th" one . If more than 5 Super-Villains enter the Line-Up, you can defeat any of them to reach that goal.

2) The Scenario cards will explain when you unlock Signature cards. You will not get one every Scenario. Everyone gets their first one after the first Scenario. (This might not be the case for future Scenarios.)

SpiritDetective
08-09-2019, 12:00 AM
When you defeat a fifth a super villain, do you claim the reward or does the game end before you can do so?

Matt_Hyra
08-09-2019, 02:10 PM
When you defeat a fifth a super villain, do you claim the reward or does the game end before you can do so?

You claim the reward.

Nidian
08-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Had a situation where multiple villians were causing everyone to discard there whole hand before being able to play cards early in the game. How do you handle conceding? Do we have to play it out to find out how damaged the locations become?

Matt_Hyra
08-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Had a situation where multiple villians were causing everyone to discard there whole hand before being able to play cards early in the game. How do you handle conceding? Do we have to play it out to find out how damaged the locations become?

Play it out. You never know what could happen. There are Defenses that can quickly turn things around for you and prevent you from discarding your hand.

Also, don't let Villains get to their Destinations...

ab_e26
08-11-2019, 06:21 AM
Hi,

Can you clarify the Lois Lane - Hero card from Rebirth. It states that we can put the card in any space to move villains back a space. Does the Lois Lane card stays back in the main line-up if we place it there, and we have to purchase it again?

Matt_Hyra
08-11-2019, 08:17 AM
Hi,

Can you clarify the Lois Lane - Hero card from Rebirth. It states that we can put the card in any space to move villains back a space. Does the Lois Lane card stays back in the main line-up if we place it there, and we have to purchase it again?

Yes, you leave her there, relinquishing ownership of her and must buy her again if you wish. Same with the Jetpack.

LRoq617
08-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Finished Scenario 2 today, and we're having a blast so far. Do have a question, and I'll do my best to avoid spoilers, but it's going to be difficult...

Of the 4 of us, only 3 met the requirements for our secret cards in order to unlock our Level 2 Signature cards. My question is, when will the last player have a chance to unlock theirs again? The rulebook states that there will be additional chances, and I'm not trying to spoil future scenarios, so aside from that, is it possible for the secret cards to carry over to Scenario 3 to give the player another chance? Or are those secret cards exclusive only to Scenario 2?

Matt_Hyra
08-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Finished Scenario 2 today, and we're having a blast so far. Do have a question, and I'll do my best to avoid spoilers, but it's going to be difficult...

Of the 4 of us, only 3 met the requirements for our secret cards in order to unlock our Level 2 Signature cards. My question is, when will the last player have a chance to unlock theirs again? The rulebook states that there will be additional chances, and I'm not trying to spoil future scenarios, so aside from that, is it possible for the secret cards to carry over to Scenario 3 to give the player another chance? Or are those secret cards exclusive only to Scenario 2?

The Secret Cards do not carry over. They are exclusive to Scenario #2.
You should keep going. The Scenario cards will tell all, eventually.

Broken_Pants
08-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Quite a few questions about Multiverse mode and its interaction with various sets:

1) Vanishing Point (Location, Multiverse) states that you may gain a card of the destroyed card's cost from a random set in the multiverse. Obviously, the set is chosen randomly, but the wording seems to imply that the player might be able to choose the card. Is this the case?

2) New Genesis and Apokolips (Locations, Crossover 7: New Gods) have the Super-Hero and Super-Villain tag, respectively. Interpreting the Multiverse rules literally, it sounds like the first two levels of each of these should qualify as Champions, but this doesn't make a ton of sense thematically or mechanically. Should they be considered Champions, and if so, can a player use Protector to defend them?

3) Should a player use Vanishing Point and gain a final Super-Villain (or Super-Hero) or a New Gods location, would that card be set aside and counted as victory points at the end of the game, or should it be shuffled in and treated essentially as dead cards that are worth victory points?

4) Since Super-Villains in Rebirth are shuffled into the main deck, per Multiverse rules, shouldn't they qualify to be gained as a random villain from the Multiverse?

5) Regarding cards that move around the table in Rebirth (such as Super-Villains), does the text that makes them move have any effect on Multiverse play?

6) Is this interpretation of colors correct, given new card types?
Red: Villains
Orange: Super Powers
Yellow: Starters
Green: Weaknesses
Blue: Heroes
Indigo: Basics
Violet: Locations
White: Hard-Light Constructs
Grey: Equipment
I thought I had seen some black cards somewhere associated with Rebirth, but I may have been mistaken.

7) If Crisis on Infinite Earths (Event, Multiverse) reveals a Personal Crisis, does the current player gain that Crisis, or does it flip until a non-Personal Crisis is revealed?

8) Do the locations in Rebirth have any purpose in Multiverse mode?

I'm pretty sure I had about five more questions, but these are all that come to mind right now.

Matt_Hyra
08-12-2019, 04:12 PM
1. You choose the card, but from a random set.
2. I would not use those in Multiverse as Super-Villains.
3. When you gain a card from a set, the rules say to gain a "main deck" card from that set, unless cost is to be considered. I would not allow a non-main deck card to be taken if there are main deck choices available. I would also recommend a card that CAN go into your deck (like a Super-Villain) over a card that should never go into your deck (like a Homeworld).
4. They are not main deck cards. They are Scenario-dependent additions to the main deck.
5. No
6. Those are correct color interpretations.
7. Keep flipping. A Personal Crisis is different from a Crisis.
8. No.

Good questions!

SpiritDetective
08-15-2019, 08:09 AM
Just to make sure we interpreted Sonic Cannon correctly. Like if we share the space with the villain, we choose which direction "away" is?

Matt_Hyra
08-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Just to make sure we interpreted Sonic Cannon correctly. Like if we share the space with the villain, we choose which direction "away" is?

Correct. If there are multiple Villains in your space, you can choose different directions for each of them if you wish.

Broken_Pants
08-15-2019, 04:50 PM
In Multiverse mode, if a player defeats a Rebirth villain, should they gain it, it's reward, or both?

Matt_Hyra
08-15-2019, 05:39 PM
In Multiverse mode, if a player defeats a Rebirth villain, should they gain it, it's reward, or both?

Only the rules of Rebirth tell you to destroy defeated Villains.
You get the Reward and it goes into your deck. So both.
Page 21 of the Rebirth rulebook also says that Villain Attacks will hit each foe when played in other games.

BenJazz
08-15-2019, 08:28 PM
So if I play a Rebirth Villian in a different game mode, does only the attack happen or does the player also get the reward each time it is subsequently played?

Matt_Hyra
08-16-2019, 08:15 AM
The Reward only happens when you first acquire it.
The Attack happens every time you play it.

ab_e26
08-16-2019, 06:40 PM
SPOILERS!!!!!!

Hi Cryptozoic Staff,

I need help clarifying this situation in Scenario 3:

Being attacked by Mister Mxyzptlk when he is at a location (or shared space) and some other Villain at my current space in the line-up on the beginning of my turn.
According to the rulebook we can resolve the effects of attacks in any order.

If we choose to resolve the attack of Mister Mxyzptlk first our space (active player's position) gets moved to the space opposite from him, meaning we are no longer located on the position with the other villain.

Does the second Villain then:
A. Attack and Stay (not move in step 3 of the turn sequence)
B. Attack and Move (move in step 3 of the turn sequence)
C. Not-Attack and Stay (not move in step 3 of the turn sequence)
D. Not-Attack and Move (move in step 3 of the turn sequence)

My gut tells me it would either be B or D, depending on if all the attacks occur at the same time or not.

Can you please clarify.

Thank you in advance

Matt_Hyra
08-16-2019, 08:14 PM
D. Not Attack and Move.
Attacks happen first, but not actually all at once. You don't check for Villain movement until Step 3.

Note that if the 2nd Villain is at its Destination, it will still Attack, as that is not space dependent.

Broken_Pants
08-17-2019, 05:34 PM
Impossible Blight (Crisis 3) has an Attack and a FAA. Which of these (or both) should function as a Champion attack in Multiverse? We played such that the player whose Champion it was chose the attack.

Matt_Hyra
08-18-2019, 12:28 AM
Impossible Blight (Crisis 3) has an Attack and a FAA. Which of these (or both) should function as a Champion attack in Multiverse? We played such that the player whose Champion it was chose the attack.

Since most have only an FAA, that would be the preferred, but I could see making it a choice after a few games.

unLimitedEnds
08-19-2019, 12:19 AM
A little bit of a tangent here: what's the best way to separate rivals one e cards for use with other decks like rivals 2? Also is hard light construct supposed to give you +2 power during confrontations?

Matt_Hyra
08-19-2019, 10:44 AM
A little bit of a tangent here: what's the best way to separate rivals one e cards for use with other decks like rivals 2? Also is hard light construct supposed to give you +2 power during confrontations?

Probably the copyright date. Note that most of the cards are very Batman and Joker-centric as well.

You always get the text at the top of the card no matter when you play a card. The text after a keyword never voids the normal play text, unless the keyword text uses the word "instead." Defenses aren't played vs an Attack, so that is why their game text doesn't apply.

unLimitedEnds
08-19-2019, 01:41 PM
Oh I meant, if I wanted to do like Green Lantern vs Batman or something, what's the best way to make the main deck consisting of Green Lantern cards (which have the symbol) and Rivals 1 cards (which don't separate cards into Batman cards and Joker cards)? Sorry if this is confusing.

Broken_Pants
08-19-2019, 06:05 PM
All of the Batman cards are pretty obviously Batman cards based on flavor.

I personally would consider the following to be Batman cards:

All Rivals 1 Heroes
Batarang
Billionaire
Grappling Hook
Master Martial Artist
The Bat-Signal
The Batcave
Utility Belt
Wayne Manor
World's Greatest Detective

Just a warning though...my group has mixed both Rivals sets before. The game skews heavily in favor of the Lanterns.

sethteegarden
08-20-2019, 07:11 AM
Ok, I may really just be overlooking something simple here but I need a little more clarification about the Super-Villans attacks. 1. so the super Villans will only attack during phase 2 "IF" they are in their location or in a location with the active player. So where my question come in is that when a super villan has a "global" attack as opposed to a personal one. i.e. Doomsday who damages locations. So that attack will happen globally if the conditions are met? the only reason I ask is that it seems a little out of theme for a villan to be attacking a single player but the attack be a global one as well as that attack only happening when they share a space with the active player (if they are not at their location). 2. if that player used a defense card, does that defend the entire attack? even if it is a "global attack? again, i just want to make sure I am playing the right way:) thank you!

Matt_Hyra
08-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Ok, I may really just be overlooking something simple here but I need a little more clarification about the Super-Villans attacks. 1. so the super Villans will only attack during phase 2 "IF" they are in their location or in a location with the active player. So where my question come in is that when a super villan has a "global" attack as opposed to a personal one. i.e. Doomsday who damages locations. So that attack will happen globally if the conditions are met? the only reason I ask is that it seems a little out of theme for a villan to be attacking a single player but the attack be a global one as well as that attack only happening when they share a space with the active player (if they are not at their location). 2. if that player used a defense card, does that defend the entire attack? even if it is a "global attack? again, i just want to make sure I am playing the right way:) thank you!

1. Best to not think of any of the Attacks as Global. Just because an Attack seems to hurt everyone doesn't make it a Global effect. If you are preventing a Super-Villain from reaching its Destination by sharing a space with it, you have engaged that SV and it will only Attack you at the start of your turn. However, if the SV gets to its Destination, their evil plan has come together and they are now taunting the Heroes. The Attacks are not Global because the SV focuses only on the active player, who is the only one who could stop them in that moment.

2. The only thing close to a Global effect would be a Super-Villain Attacking everyone when it first enters the Line-Up. Most Defense cards only protect you. Some Rebirth Defense cards can be used to protect multiple Characters. No Defense card automatically causes all players to avoid an Attack.

Reminder: If you share a space with a Villain at its Destination, you are not Attacked twice at the start of your turn.

gerrymul
08-20-2019, 10:52 AM
For clarification, say I'm playing as Batman in Rebirth and another player uses a card to defend me against an attack, does Batman's ability trigger as I've avoided an attack, or does the fact that I'm not the one actively avoiding it nullify the effect?

Matt_Hyra
08-20-2019, 12:20 PM
For clarification, say I'm playing as Batman in Rebirth and another player uses a card to defend me against an attack, does Batman's ability trigger as I've avoided an attack, or does the fact that I'm not the one actively avoiding it nullify the effect?

Batman is the one being Attacked, so he is the one avoiding the Attack. Doesn't matter who controls the Defense. Batman's ability will trigger.

aoineko
08-21-2019, 08:04 AM

Thematic explanation: Doomsday is heading to specific destination with the intention of destroying it. A superhero can get in the way and prevent him from getting there. However, if you are not properly prepared (ie have a Defense) while engaging him, there will be collateral damage and he’ll damage the closest Location you are battling at.

SpiritDetective
08-23-2019, 01:56 PM
Who gets to move from Major Disaster’s reward? Is it the target player that draws the card or the player that defeated Major Disaster?

If you already defeated a villain and then play Dr Fate, are you able to get that defeated villain’s reward again?

Matt_Hyra
08-23-2019, 02:42 PM
Who gets to move from Major Disaster’s reward? Is it the target player that draws the card or the player that defeated Major Disaster?

The active player moves. If we wanted the person who drew the card to move, it would be written as:
"Target player draws a card, then places their Character on any space."

If you already defeated a villain and then play Dr Fate, are you able to get that defeated villain’s reward again?

No, you wouldn't. His ability modifies the action of collecting a reward instead of triggering it again.

DimeDrl
08-29-2019, 02:16 PM
My group is Completely confused about how batsignal works in this game. The rule book says villains never go into your deck, the batsignal says to add the super-villian into your hand. How does this work?

Matt_Hyra
08-29-2019, 04:59 PM
My group is Completely confused about how batsignal works in this game. The rule book says villains never go into your deck, the batsignal says to add the super-villian into your hand. How does this work?

The "it" is referring to the Hero in your discard pile you are manipulating.
Correct, you can't have Villains in your hand or discard pile, so we figured it would be clear enough. But perhaps not.

PS: Whenever you see the word "instead," it is typically modifying a previous action on the card. Very rarely does an "instead" create a brand new effect totally unrelated to the previous action.
PPS: Putting a Super-Villain into your hand would be bad in most Scenarios, as it would not count as having defeated it!

RetroBurn
09-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Hi Matt, Nathaniel and everyone at Cryptozoic. I just want to say thanks for making such a great game. I really enjoy the DCDBG and look forward to collecting the remaining expansions.

I know this was answered a while back but I'd like some clarification to be sure for the Crisis 1 pack.

Question by JOKES-ON-YOU (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21376&page=44&p=404112&viewfull=1#post404112)

This feels like a simple question, but we encountered this problem today with crisis. Does the crisis card "Untouchable Villain" require each player to destroy eight cost exactly of cards from their hands, or can the total be over eight?

Reply by aoineko (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21376&page=44&p=404419&viewfull=1#post404419)

Like Identity Crisis you have to destroy "at least" 8 cost worth of cards.

The Untouchable Villlain 'to beat' text says: "each player must destroy 8 cost worth of cards in his hand (Destroy cards only with cost 1 or greater)".

Is this a) destroy 8 cards in your hand with a cost of 1 or greater not b) destroy cards in your hand with at least a combined cost of 8?

Matt_Hyra
09-01-2019, 10:07 AM
The Untouchable Villlain 'to beat' text says: "each player must destroy 8 cost worth of cards in his hand (Destroy cards only with cost 1 or greater)".

Is this a) destroy 8 cards in your hand with a cost of 1 or greater not b) destroy cards in your hand with at least a combined cost of 8?

8 Cost worth of cards. Most folks destroy 2 cards to get to 8 cost.

gerrymul
09-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Spoilers.....

Forgive me, I don't have the game in front of me at the moment, but I hope Matt can answer this for me. We were playing I believe Scenario 6 this weekend wherein one player is dealt a secret card that they reveal if they have been attacked twice in a turn I think. There's a big space and then a new set of text that says words to the effect that once this turn you can remove a damage from a location your standee is on. Does this have to be the turn you are attacked twice and reveal the secret card, or can you bank it until you get to a location you want to be at, or just plan it out to get the villains to come to you and lay in wait?

Matt_Hyra
09-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Spoilers.....

Thrice in one turn, actually.
Yes, it does have to be that turn. The wording is: "Once during this turn" and since you just flipped it face up during your turn, this is that turn.

Broken_Pants
09-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Interesting contradiction in the Rebirth rules:

Under "Weakness", it is stated "Destroyed Weakness cards are returned to their stack."

However

"Destroying Cards" states "If Weaknesses and Basic Cards are destroyed, they do not go back to their respective stacks."

I'm inclined to lean into the second statement when not playing Impossible Mode, given the formula established by previous expansions of DCDBG. But which is correct?

Matt_Hyra
09-10-2019, 08:10 PM
Interesting contradiction in the Rebirth rules:

Under "Weakness", it is stated "Destroyed Weakness cards are returned to their stack."

However

"Destroying Cards" states "If Weaknesses and Basic Cards are destroyed, they do not go back to their respective stacks."

I'm inclined to lean into the second statement when not playing Impossible Mode, given the formula established by previous expansions of DCDBG. But which is correct?

Rebirth FAQ can be found at the first post of this thread.

~Destroyed Weakness cards ARE returned to the stack.

gerrymul
09-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Spoiler question

Does Mister Mxyzptlk move when he's already at a base? The text says he attacks and then moves and all bases are considered home to him, so does he just run from one to the other unless you keep him contained? If so, very good game interpretation of him.

Matt_Hyra
09-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Spoiler question

Does XXXXXX move when he's already at a base? The text says he attacks and then moves and all bases are considered home to him, so does he just run from one to the other unless you keep him contained? If so, very good game interpretation of him.

Yes, as the movement is a side effect of his Attack. He isn't always at a Location at the start of a player's turn, but when he is, he Attacks, then moves, unless the Attack is avoided. See FAQ on page 21 of Rulebook: Scenario 3 Spoiler

Glad you like him! Much mayhem!

RinTinTin
09-15-2019, 05:45 PM
Awesome game! Congrats to all the people behind this. :)

A couple of questions:

1- Are Zodiac Crystals stackable? If I play two ZC on the same turn, does the current Super-Villains cost 4 less to defeat?

2- If 5 Super-Villains have been defeated but there are still more rounds to play, can we keep on playing until finish them? This could be useful for accomplishing side missions.

Cheers!

P.S. Do you have in mind future expansions for Rebirth? Count me in for having a copy of all of them. :) :)

Matt_Hyra
09-16-2019, 12:11 AM
Awesome game! Congrats to all the people behind this. :)

A couple of questions:

1- Are Zodiac Crystals stackable? If I play two ZC on the same turn, does the current Super-Villains cost 4 less to defeat?

2- If 5 Super-Villains have been defeated but there are still more rounds to play, can we keep on playing until finish them? This could be useful for accomplishing side missions.

Cheers!

P.S. Do you have in mind future expansions for Rebirth? Count me in for having a copy of all of them. :) :)

1. Yes
2. No

Glad you like the game!
As for Rebirth expansions, not ready to talk about that, yet, but you can imagine some of the things we are likely to do.

LexLuthorJr
09-16-2019, 12:43 PM
Several questions...

1) A Super-Villain attacks me at the start of my turn because my standee is sharing a space with it. The Super-Villain and my character are between locations. If I don't defend, no Location is damaged, correct (except for Doomsday)?

2) Does every player need to defend against Doomsday's First Appearance Attack in order to have no damage dealt to a location? Does Doomsday cause 1 damage for each player that does not defend?

3) Same with the "Scenario 3 Super-Villain" First Appearance Attack. Will he move once for each player who does not defend, potentially causing damage to two locations if there are four players, all of whom do not defend?

4) Super Speed allows the player to avoid an attack, draw a card, and move one space. If that player is attacked by multiple Villains at their location at the start of their turn, can the player use Super Speed to avoid the first attack, move, and therefore "avoid" the subsequent attacks?

5) When it comes to completing the Krypto and The Ray side quests: Do the Villains/Super-Villains need to be defeated during a single player's turn, or a single go around the table?

6) Containment tokens only stop a Villain from moving, correct? They can still attack?

aoineko
09-16-2019, 01:22 PM
1) Super-Villains (except Doomsday) only Damage Locations if they Attack from their destination.

2) Yes, it's 1 Damage per undefended player.

3) Yes, per player, but see answer 1.

4) Yes. (This is covered in the Defense section.)

5) Single player's turn.

6) Correct. Only stops movement.

SpiritDetective
09-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Glad you like the game!
As for Rebirth expansions, not ready to talk about that, yet, but you can imagine some of the things we are likely to do.

...Dark Nights Metal

Broken_Pants
09-20-2019, 03:05 PM
Another round of Multiverse questions:

1) Can you Time Travel a Champion?

2) If you have multiple SH/SVs via Telos, do you also have multiple "on your SH/SV" (as created by Firestorm) and "under your SH/SV" (as created by Crossover 2 and certain FAAs) zones?

3) If a FAA places cards under your SH/SV and the effect ends, do you only regain the cards placed there via the FAA, or do you get access to all cards that are there?

4) General Crossover 2 question: are other players entitled to know how many and what cards are under your SH?

Matt_Hyra
09-20-2019, 03:42 PM
1. Page 7, near top: "Note: Legion Super-Villains cannot be Time Traveled like they can in a regular game."
2. No, Firestorm creates one pile no matter how many oversized you have.
3. Only the ones placed there by the FAA.
4. No

SpiritDetective
09-21-2019, 12:06 AM
Scenario 2 spoilers

If you lose Scenario 2 the first time, but you fulfill the secret card, do you get card #2? Some cards say “end the scenario” and some say “during the scenario”. What happens during attempt 2? Are no secret cards dealt or does it mean that you keep the same secret card?

Matt_Hyra
09-21-2019, 02:41 PM
If you fulfill your Secret Card during your first attempt, you do indeed earn your card #2 and get to use it the second attempt.

No Secret Cards are dealt to players during replays. (Rulebook page 8, under "Winning and Losing" and down a bit).

SpiritDetective
10-12-2019, 08:17 PM
For Scenario 4, is it possible for a Cost 6 or 7 non villain card to remain in the initial lineup or does it get replaced as well?

Matt_Hyra
10-13-2019, 06:46 AM
For Scenario 4, is it possible for a Cost 6 or 7 non villain card to remain in the initial lineup or does it get replaced as well?

They are replaced as well.

SpiritDetective
10-13-2019, 10:44 AM
If Jessica Cruz plays 3 Starters and 3 Heroes, does she get to move a target villain two times?

Matt_Hyra
10-14-2019, 10:29 AM
If Jessica Cruz plays 3 Starters and 3 Heroes, does she get to move a target villain two times?

Yes. If we wanted it to be once only, it would read: "Once during each of your turns..."

Hooner
10-16-2019, 01:45 PM
I apologize if this has been brought up somewhere else, but I can't seem to find this answered in this thread.

My friends and I are having some major difficulty trying to interpret the oversized hero cards and how often you get to use them. As far as we have interpreted, some are usable for multiple times while some are more of an if then bonus situation. Can you please confirm if we are playing the heroes correctly?:

Aquaman: can trigger multiple times as it says each time a super power is played.
Cyborg: can only get the Move 1 and +2 power triggered once per turn as it says IF.
Flash: can pay 5 move multiple times during his term to let a target player draw a card.
Superman: can only choose one location once during his turn to draw +1 power from villains in his space.
Jessica Cruz: can only move the villain one space once during each of her turns as this is an IF statement.
Simon Baz: same as Jessica, only allowing him to draw once or move a target character once per turn.
Wonder woman: can only trigger this ability once during each player's turn when the 2nd assist is played.
Batman: self-explanatory, triggers multiple times when attacks are avoided by him or a villain is defeated by him.

Also our understanding of Helping Hand is that it's a playable assist card for someone to play as long as the active player shares the same location as them (Range: 0). So if it were my turn and the assisting player were two spaces away, they can legally play that card as long as I drive by and move my character to their space at some point during my turn, but I don't have to use the power for a purchase on that location. Is that correct?

Also:

SPOILER:
I believe it was Amazo's IMPOSSIBLE mode card that says if you play 4 different card types, you can't defeat villains or super villains this turn. As it doesn't say 4 or more, if I played 5 that turn, I should be able to defeat villains that turn, correct?

Matt_Hyra
10-16-2019, 03:07 PM
All of your Super Hero interpretations are correct except for Jessica. For each card type you play 3 or more of, you may move a Villain 1 space. The "if" applies to each different card type.

The player with the Helping Hand must wait until your character is sharing a space with their character. Then they may play the Helping Hand. You do not have to spend the 1 Power in their space. You may move away and still retain the +1 Power.

<Spoiler>
Note that is says "When 4 card different card types have been played..." As you are playing cards, this ability kicks in the moment you play your 4th card type. Playing 5 types does not turn it off.

Hryiol
10-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Need clarification on the Kyle Rainer card in the Heroes United set. I’ve searched all over and haven’t found the answer so I apologize if it has and I just didn’t type in the keywords. My friend and I have debated the card text where I feel that the “ors” in the card are inclusive but my friend says they are not. Example, any power ring card regardless of played / will play / discard counts towards bonuses. My friend says it can only be one of those as most cards that use “or” denote a choice. I see his point but I also see mine.

Thanks.

aoineko
10-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Need clarification on the Kyle Rainer card in the Heroes United set. I’ve searched all over and haven’t found the answer so I apologize if it has and I just didn’t type in the keywords. My friend and I have debated the card text where I feel that the “ors” in the card are inclusive but my friend says they are not. Example, any power ring card regardless of played / will play / discard counts towards bonuses. My friend says it can only be one of those as most cards that use “or” denote a choice. I see his point but I also see mine.

Thanks.

You can count them for all of the options. So played and in discard are both counted.

Broken_Pants
10-29-2019, 06:54 PM
Another couple of Rebirth/Multiverse questions:

As Range does not exist in Multiverse, should all things be considered in Range or out of Range? Likewise, should cards that count Villains on your space count all Villains in a Line-Up (essentially your "space") or no Villains at all (since you don't actual have a space)?

Matt_Hyra
10-30-2019, 12:06 PM
Another couple of Rebirth/Multiverse questions:

As Range does not exist in Multiverse, should all things be considered in Range or out of Range? Likewise, should cards that count Villains on your space count all Villains in a Line-Up (essentially your "space") or no Villains at all (since you don't actual have a space)?

You have no spatial relations to the Line-Up, so Range in moot. You would not count Villains in the Line-Up as being in your "space."
You do have spatial relations to the other players in Multiverse, so cards looking at that might work.

SpiritDetective
11-01-2019, 09:08 AM
My friend was curious as to why there is a Hero card for each member of the Justice League in Rebirth except for Wonder Woman.
Superman (7)
Batman (6)
Flash (6)
Jessica Cruz (4)
Simon Baz (4)
Cyborg (3)
Aquaman (3)

gerrymul
11-01-2019, 09:34 AM
My friend was curious as to why there is a Hero card for each member of the Justice League in Rebirth except for Wonder Woman.
Superman (7)
Batman (6)
Flash (6)
Jessica Cruz (4)
Simon Baz (4)
Cyborg (3)
Aquaman (3)

Hey - yeah! Make a promo card maybe?

Matt_Hyra
11-01-2019, 02:53 PM
There is a Wonder Woman card in Rebirth.
5 cost Hero with Assist, that gives you access to more Assist.

SpiritDetective
11-03-2019, 08:29 AM
If I'm sitting on a villain and get attacked at the start of my turn, and I use Supersuit to move off and move onto another villain, do I get attacked by the other villain too? (I moved onto them to utilize a defense card, for example)

Matt_Hyra
11-03-2019, 09:21 AM
If I'm sitting on a villain and get attacked at the start of my turn, and I use Supersuit to move off and move onto another villain, do I get attacked by the other villain too? (I moved onto them to utilize a defense card, for example)

No, you do not incur additional Attacks.
This is mentioned on rulebook page 14, last sentence of the second paragraph (dealing with moving as part of a Defense): "Moving into a new space does not trigger additional Attacks from Villains in the new space."

gerrymul
11-04-2019, 11:24 AM
There is a Wonder Woman card in Rebirth.
5 cost Hero with Assist, that gives you access to more Assist.

D'oh!

SpiritDetective
11-10-2019, 12:46 AM
For Batman Ninja, what is the Retaliation resolution order? Who has to defend first?

How does Jon Jonzz interact with Batman Ninja Supervillains?

Matt_Hyra
11-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Active player defends first, then continue clockwise.

JJ doesn't do anything in Batman Ninja, so feel free to remove him from play if he shows up.

SpiritDetective
11-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Who wins in a VP tie? What if the tie is between 2 ppl, neither of which beat the mega Castle?

Matt_Hyra
11-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Who wins in a VP tie? What if the tie is between 2 ppl, neither of which beat the mega Castle?

Go to second tiebreaker: The tied player with the larger deck size.

BenJazz
11-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Wife and I played our first game of Batman Ninja and had a great time. We were using the Base Set and had a few questions.

1) If you are using Clayface to replay a card that you have Ninjutsu'd and returned to the Line-Up, do you only receive the top benefit or do you get the benefit from the Ninjutsu portion as well?

2) If you use Clayface to replay a card that you did not choose to use the Ninjutsu portion of, can you choose to Ninjutsu on the second play?

3) Are we correct in assuming that if you use Million Monkey Maneuver on a Colony of Bats that is in the Line-Up, you cannot immediately destroy CoB to gain Batman God?

Matt_Hyra
11-16-2019, 06:33 PM
1. Clayface may only choose a card you control.

2. Yes

3. Correct. It was made to be not that easy.

BenJazz
11-16-2019, 08:22 PM
Thanks Matt for the clarification. For question 1, we were unsure if the specific call out in the Batman:Ninja rules for "played" created an exception to the existing Clayface decision laid out in these forums.