PDA

View Full Version : C2E2 Sponsorships Now Open

Gwon
02-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Please read through this thoroughly, some of the instructions have changed from the last event sponsorship call out.

Cryptozoic is now taking applications to volunteer at Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2). We are looking to fill slots for 2 judges and 2 booth staff. C2E2 will be held March 18-20, 2011 in Chicago, IL.

West Building at McCormick Place
2301 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60616

NOTE: The only sponsorship available is badge sponsorship for this event. The sponsorship application window begins on Feb 18th , and will close on Friday Feb 25th, 2011.

If you would like to apply for sponsorship, you must email mike.girard@cryptozoic.com. Please put “C2E2” in the subject line.

Here is some useful information:
• Badge sponsorships will be provided. • You will be provided lunch _or_ a small stipend. No other costs will be covered.
• Judges are expected to wear nice, clean black slacks with black shoes. Additionally, you will be issued two Cryptozoic judge shirts if you have not already received one (from working a previous event). If you fail to meet the dress code, you will be asked to remedy the situation and if you cannot, you will not be asked to attend other shows on behalf of Cryptozoic. Non-judge staff will be expected to wear nice, clean blue jeans (with no holes, not tattered, no rips) and a Cryptozoic Bob T-shirt. If you have not received one yet, you will be given two (this T-shirt Bob on the front in a maroon color).

Here are the requirements:

• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Willing to work the entire event.
• Able to judge long hours. Days will be 8-10 hours.
• Able to lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding jobs relating to tournament setup.
• Must be friendly and have a positive attitude.
• Willing and able to assist the event staff as required with additional duties, which may include registration, table clothes, floor maintenance, radio check-in/out, breaking down of event materials, packing pallets at the end of the event, etc…
• Must be able to respond to emails within 48 hours with regards to travel arrangements.

Here is what we need in your email:

Please send your sponsorship request to mike.girard@cryptozoic.com, include “C2E2” in the subject line.
• Your name.
• Your CZE ID (if you have one).
• Would you prefer to work administration or judge?
• The day you are able to depart to the event.
• Your email address.
• Your shirt size and if you have not received one yet.
• Your date of birth.
• Your complete mailing address and phone number.
• List of events you have worked for Cryptozoic.
• Emergency contact information and drug allergies.
• Any special requirements you have.
• Your CZEV# (if you are a Champion)

What is expected?

• You will bring three days worth of appropriate attire.
• You will either conduct administrative duties or judge (depending on staffing requirements) Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This will require long days with almost no breaks.
• You will prepare for the event thoroughly. If you are judging, you can start by reviewing all available rules, procedures and policies.

What is NOT paid for (partial list of common assumptions)?

• Food (Each person will receive either lunch or one small stipend each day).
• Taxi fares, bus fares, parking, etc.
• Room costs (room service, movies, laundry, etc).

Important Notes:

• This is not like a vacation, this is like work. It can be very rewarding and valuable, but it is hard work.

Please send your interest email to mike.girard@cryptozoic.com. The deadline to apply is Friday, February, 25th, 2011.

Judge/Volunteers who work the entire event will receive the following gifts:
2 displays of Worldbreaker
2 Foil Lor’themar Theron
2 Foil Nathanos Blightcaller
2 Foil Keys to the Armory
2 Foil Hesriana
2 Foil Slow
2 Foil Orgrimmar
1 Rare Loot card from a recent set
1 Portal Stone
3 Landro’s Gifts
4 Archives Packs
1 Attack on Icecrown Citadel Treasure Pack

Notes:
- This is more of a laid back convention. Cryptozoic will have a small booth where we will have retail as well as a demo table. In the events area, we will be running beginner events each day and a bigger event Saturday night. This is not a big to do (like a GenCon).
- I will be the CZE Staff on hand to oversee everything. As a result, I will be taking the staff out to a nice dinner one of the nights. In addition to gaining the experience from the event, you will also have my undivided attention for at least a couple hours. This is a chance to bring up any issues that you may have in your area, areas of improvement for CZE, or just have a conversation about the inner-workings of Cryptozoic. Should be a ton of fun!

Mike Girard
Volunteer and Community Manager
Cryptozoic Entertainment

Patrigan
02-19-2011, 01:40 AM
America is so far far away :(

Gwon
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Yea, but think of all the fun you'll have Patrick. Sorry I'm going to miss you in Paris.

Patrigan
02-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Yea, but think of all the fun you'll have Patrick. Sorry I'm going to miss you in Paris.

Somewhere in the future I will certainly sent in an application for an American event. But for now, I will settle with international limited by the European borders.

I also think I will take my Girlfriend to America first. She's always a bit bothered with me going to Paris, while I've never taken her there on a romantic weekend. And yes, I've tried to get her in the game, but she doesn't like the "But before you can do that, I will first do" in the game.

Btw, who is coming to Paris of CZE? And will there be some kind of volunteer summit?

Programmer
02-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Somewhere in the future I will certainly sent in an application for an American event. But for now, I will settle with international limited by the European borders.[QUOTE]
Guess I'll get a passport sometime, then I at least CAN go to the US :P

[QUOTE=Patrigan;56557]Btw, who is coming to Paris of CZE? And will there be some kind of volunteer summit?
I believe Carl will be there, and I believe I read that Ben will come...

Edit:
FB says:
Alex Charsky
Ben Drago
Carl Crook
Possible more of which I do not know they work for CZE :)

Stupnick
02-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Mike,

When will you let us know who is accepted for this?

Just wanting to know so I can make sure to arrange time off and a babysitter :)