PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 1 Judge

jpowers
03-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey all I just took and passed the lvl 1 knowledge judge test. What is the next step? Do I need to do anything? Since I passed am I an official Lvl 1 Judge?

Thx!

Morp
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Nope. You have only these Requirements
Journeyman judges are expected to judge at least one sanctioned tournament every four
months. These events should be seen as opportunities gain rules knowledge familiarity
and player management experience.

Congrats on passing and hope to see you around. If you are looking into leveling up your level and improving your skill feel free to message me. Im also from Indiana =)

jpowers
03-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Awesome thx Morp. Any info on how I can get more involved would be great!

1.) one sanctioned tournament every four months? Is that something I can do now at my local Battleground?
2.) Isnt all events (sanctioned) run through Crypto's program? How do I do this?

BlueRider
03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
1. Yup, as long as they are sanctioned and whoever is running it is fine with you judging.
2. If you're the one running tournaments, then you'll need to go to www.wowtcg.com/to and take the short quiz there, there's a link to the document you need to read on the page. Once you've done that you can download the tracker software from that page and preregister tournaments for sanctioning.

jpowers
03-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Ok so last question. Can the person setting up the tourney i.e. T.O. also judge?

Thx.

FrDrake
03-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes, you can TO and judge the same event.

jpowers
03-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Does the Judge "get" anything for doing said events...?

BlueRider
03-01-2011, 01:46 PM
A warm fuzzy feeling?

I believe there was mention some sort of "judge point" system that you could use to buy things from a judge only store at one point. Although I may just be remembering plans Upper Deck had for their judges. Although, if I remember correctly Charsky was the one in charge of that and he's working for Cryptozoic now, so maybe it made the transfer over?

jpowers
03-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Oo warm fuzzies Woohoo!

MCMCurtis
03-01-2011, 02:43 PM
The best part of being a judge is getting to meet the other cool judge people like Jeremy & myself. We will both be working at your RC in Indy. I know you are qualified, so we will see you there for sure and can answer lots of questions then.

Morp
03-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Any further compensation is between you and the store you normally run events for. I dont get much for regular events but the owner rewards me with stuff now and then. Some stores give there judges discounts on product. Which can go a long way. Also grab participation promo out the kit since I am participating in a way , I also grab a few honor badges if I have extra at the end of the month. Most places do have extra at the end of the month.

One more thing you may judge and play at your battleground events (only).

shadowwarl
03-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Does the Judge "get" anything for doing said events...?

Judges and TOs get if I am remembering right 20 base points and 2 points for each round... unless you are also playing in the battleground then you get the battleground points.

From my TO Dashboard:Honor Points: Base Points: 20, Win Points: 3, Loss Points: 1, Volunteer Points: 2

Hope this helps

Co0kie
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Can you be the TO, Judge and still Participate?

Morp
03-11-2011, 01:12 PM
In a battleground (lowest level )event yes.

skey23
03-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Can you be the TO, Judge and still Participate?

Judges and TOs are allowed to run/judge and play in Local Level events.

Local: Includes Battlegrounds, Sneak Previews, Release Celebrations, Holiday Celebrations and other sanctioned local events.

Co0kie
03-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Is it possible to get a CZE without entering a sanctioned event, because they aren't any run in my area and I wish to set up tournaments and give out CZE's myself so people have the kind of access that i don't have already. Thanks [=

Morp
03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Are you asking about getting a CZE number?

Co0kie
03-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes, a CZE ID number.

shadowwarl
03-14-2011, 07:52 AM
you should have received one when you passed your judges test go to the judges test sight and look in your profile on the site it should be listed there.

skey23
03-14-2011, 08:21 AM
you should have received one when you passed your judges test go to the judges test sight and look in your profile on the site it should be listed there.

This is not a true statement anymore.

The initial run of judges received a CZE ID upon passing the judge test online; however, this process was stopped around NACC 2010 since players were then able to get CZE ID cards.
If you passed the L1 judge test and did not receive an ID, then you have to get an ID from attending an event that is giving them out.

There are a number of different type events in which CZE IDs should be available:

- Battlegrounds
- Realm Qualifiers
- Realm Champs
- DMFs
- Continentals
- Worlds

shadowwarl
03-14-2011, 10:00 AM
This is not a true statement anymore.

The initial run of judges received a CZE ID upon passing the judge test online; however, this process was stopped around NACC 2010 since players were then able to get CZE ID cards.
If you passed the L1 judge test and did not receive an ID, then you have to get an ID from attending an event that is giving them out.

There are a number of different type events in which CZE IDs should be available:

- Battlegrounds
- Realm Qualifiers
- Realm Champs
- DMFs
- Continentals
- Worlds

Skey any update on when the cards will be mailed to us then or should we continue to assue the standard... SOON(TM)

skey23
03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
I do not have any information as to when the judge cards will be mailed.

Sorry.

Rand0m
03-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Hello, I have a silly question. I have passed rules knowlage test but i dont have CZE # how can i get one?

BlueRider
03-14-2011, 05:30 PM
You receive one when you play in a tournament that is handing them out. Either a large event like a Darkmoon Faire or a local Battleground that is receiving Battleground kits.

Peonso
03-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Hello guys, I'm from Brasil, and don't think there is a tournament near my city that I can attend, anyway someguys want to come back to the game and I would be in charge of organization and also be the judge. What steps should I do, since even doing the judge test I won't be able to get a CZE ID?

skey23
03-15-2011, 11:43 AM
The Store Locator (http://www.wowtcg.com/locations?country=BRA) has several stores listed in Brazil which should sell and/or host WoW TCG tournaments.

You should check that list, then check with the stores closest to you to see if/when their next event is happening.

Peonso
03-15-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm currently in one of those shops, and no tournaments have been held in years. It's possible to order a Battleground kit through the store, so I can get a CZE ID card from it? Or we need someone already "certified"?

skey23
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Just have your store contact hobby@cryptozoic.com to start getting the Battlegrounds kits.