PDA

View Full Version : Start of turn priority, ashnaar question.

daninfamous
04-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Assuming I have in play a seeping shadows, devouring plague, and mind sear.

At the start of my turn, the seeping shadows dosnt really matter but the mind sear and devouring plague

if he has cards in his hand, the the devouring plague make him discard them first then he gets hit with mind sear penalties, or vice versa is he safe from mind sear then he discards via the plague.

ashnaar the frost herald gives my hero assault x (2) how kind of damage does my hero do then since he dosnt have any listed.

thanks, these questions popped up tonight and I didnt know for sure. was casual play though so no big deal.

nekoangel
04-24-2011, 01:16 AM
ok with start of turn effects you can choose the order they trigger as you always have priority on your won turn so you would;

trigger D plague
then trigger sear =)

and if there is no damage type mentioned its melee.

BlueRider
04-24-2011, 01:29 AM
You choose the order they go on the chain because you control all of the triggered effects, not because it is your turn.

xbennykinsx
04-24-2011, 09:06 AM
ok with start of turn effects you can choose the order they trigger as you always have priority on your won turn so you would;

trigger D plague
then trigger sear =)

and if there is no damage type mentioned its melee.

Its early in the morning but i believe he would want to trigger Sear first and then D plague... because the chain would then go D Plague > Mind Sear which would mean discard then mind sear activating.

nekoangel
04-24-2011, 09:17 AM
yeah sorry i posted the order that he would want them to exit the chain from hah
yeah you need to activate them in the reverse to get the desired effect, good call ben.

daninfamous
04-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys!

houjix
04-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Just so we are clear, they trigger at the same time, but you get to choose the order they would go on the chain and subsequently resolve.