PDA

View Full Version : Origins Staff Sponsorships Now Open

Gwon
04-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Origins Sponsorships Now Open
Please read through this thoroughly, some of the instructions have changed from the last event sponsorship call out.

Cryptozoic is now taking applications to volunteer at Origins Game Fair 2011 (Origins). We are looking to fill slots for 1 judge and 5 booth staff. Origins will be held June 23-26, 2011 in Columbus, OH. This is a 4 day show.

Greater Columbus Convention Center
400 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215

NOTE: The only sponsorship available is badge sponsorship for this event. The sponsorship application window begins on April 26th , and will close on Friday May 6th, 2011.

If you would like to apply for sponsorship, you must email mike.girard@cryptozoic.com. Please put “Origins Sponsorship” in the subject line.

Here is some useful information:
• Badge sponsorships will be provided for the whole show.
• You will be provided lunch _or_ a small stipend. No other costs will be covered.
• Judges are expected to wear nice, clean black slacks with black shoes. Additionally, you will be issued two Cryptozoic judge shirts if you have not already received one (from working a previous event). If you fail to meet the dress code, you will be asked to remedy the situation and if you cannot, you will not be asked to attend other shows on behalf of Cryptozoic. Non-judge staff will be expected to wear nice, clean blue jeans (with no holes, not tattered, no rips) and a Cryptozoic Bob T-shirt. If you have not received one yet, you will be given two (this T-shirt Bob on the front in a maroon color).

Here are the requirements:

• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Willing to work the entire event.
• Able to work long hours (either judging or staffing the booth). Days will be 8-10 hours.
• Able to lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding jobs relating to tournament and booth setup and tear down.
• Must be friendly and have a positive attitude.
• Willing and able to assist the event staff as required with additional duties, which may include registration, table clothes, floor maintenance, radio check-in/out, breaking down of event materials, packing pallets at the end of the event, etc…
• Must be able to respond to emails within 48 hours with regards to travel arrangements.
• Must have a linked account on wowtcg.com. Follow these instructions (http://www.wowtcg.com/linking-your-cze-id-number-account) to link your account.

Here is what we need in your email:

Please send your sponsorship request to mike.girard@cryptozoic.com, include “Origins Sponsorship” in the subject line.
• Your name.
• Your CZE ID.
• Would you prefer to work the booth or judge?
• The day you are able to depart to the event.
• Your email address.
• Your shirt size and if you have not received one yet. If you have a CZE T-shirt, please specify which one you have.
• Your date of birth.
• Your complete mailing address and phone number.
• List of events you have worked for Cryptozoic.
• Emergency contact information and drug allergies.
• Any special requirements you have.
• Your CZEV# (if you are a Champion)

What is expected?

• You will bring four days worth of appropriate attire.
• You will either staff the booth or judge (depending on staffing requirements) Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This will require long days with almost no breaks.
• You will prepare for the event thoroughly. If you are judging, you can start by reviewing all available rules, procedures and policies.

What is NOT paid for (partial list of common assumptions)?

• Food (Each person will receive either lunch or one small stipend each day).
• Taxi fares, bus fares, parking, etc.
• Room costs (hotel room, room service, movies, laundry, etc).

Important Notes:

• This is not like a vacation, this is like work. It can be very rewarding and valuable, but it is hard work.

Please send your interest email to mike.girard@cryptozoic.com. The deadline to apply is Friday, May, 6th, 2011.

Judge/Volunteers who work the entire event will receive the following gifts:
4 displays of War of the Elements
4 Foil Undercity
4 Foil Magni the Mountain King
4 Foil Ysera the Dreamer
4 Foil Squall Totem
2 Rare Loot card from a recent set
2 Uncommon Loot card from a recent set
3 Common Loot card from a recent set
4 Archives Packs
1 Attack on Icecrown Citadel Treasure Pack
1 Cryptozoic Lanyard
1 Cryptozoic Playmat

For your community (you will be able to take these back and use these in your communities to help promote the game):
Class Starters
CZE ID Membership cards
Older Battleground Kits
Deckboxes

Notes:
- This is more of a laid back convention. Cryptozoic will have a booth where we will have retail as well as 4 demo tables. We want at least one person running ICC all day. In the tournament area, we will have a full event schedule. This is a bit bigger than the small conventions that are usually run by volunteers, but it’s not as big as a Gen Con.

- You will have to cover your own travel and hotel. Origins still has reasonable hotel rates through their room blocks (see the Origins website for information about that). Information about parking is also on the website. I realize that we are asking you to cover a lot of the expenses, hopefully the gifts and the promise of a great time will go a long way to helping out.

- Ry and I will be the CZE Staff on hand to oversee everything. As a result, we will be taking the staff out to a nice dinner one of the nights. In addition to gaining the experience from the event, you will also have our undivided attention for at least a couple hours. This is a chance to bring up any issues that you may have in your area (with stores, players, distributors, anything!), areas of improvement for CZE, or just have a conversation about the inner-workings of Cryptozoic. I promise it will be a ton of fun!

Gwon
04-26-2011, 02:22 PM
If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Morp
04-26-2011, 07:33 PM
What will the judge be doing? Since you only need 1.
Interested but no applying yet. Got to talk to someone first about it =/.

Altairis
04-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Nice and close to home. I like this. App sent :D

xbennykinsx
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
im pretty jealous of the Cryptozic Mat. I hope for PAX the judges get Cryptozoic Mat :D

DarkSeverance
04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
I would totally do this. I love working conventions like this... unfortunately I can't. Disney World trip first week and half of June, back for a few days and then NACC/DMF Vegas after that. Wife would probably kill me if I said I was going out the next week again. LOL!

Littlejon24
04-29-2011, 09:36 PM
any chance we can get pictures of the cryptozoic playmat on CZEvolunteers?

CCGsCards
04-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Won't be able to help much but might be enticed to come out for Sunday only.

Xistortion
04-30-2011, 08:27 PM
:( i would totally go, but... I'm sure my wife would like me to be in town for her birthday and my best friend would love me at her wedding... Other than that I would be all over this!! its like a 5ish hour drive!

Aaric
05-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Tell your wife she'll always have more birthdays.

boba_fouts
05-01-2011, 05:31 AM
And statistically, you best friend will have more weddings!

Patrigan
05-03-2011, 03:09 AM
And statistically, you best friend will have more weddings!

This thread can now be closed, statistically no comment can trump this one.

gentlegiant303
05-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Now people are finding out, is anyone interested in spliting a hotel room?