Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to report a trading scam?

Where to report a trading scam?

Hello, Im looking for the right place to report a scam where I tried to trade booster packs for a card with the player -----

Changed text to hide player name.
    Last edited by raizen; 10-28-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raizen View Post
    Hello, Im looking for the right place to report a scam where I tried to trade booster packs for a card with the player -----.
    support.hextcg.com - please remove the user's name from your post, that address will sort it out and people's accounts won't get publicly dragged through the mud.

Good luck.

If by "trade" you mean "mail" all I can tell you is don't do it with someone you don't know. There is no 100% guaranteed way to exchange cards with someone right now.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    If by "trade" you mean "mail" all I can tell you is don't do it with someone you don't know. There is no 100% guaranteed way to exchange cards with someone right now.
    Good advice Oss, but I think the guy is asking where to report it, not about what a smart way of going about a trade is.
    Last edited by fido_one; 10-28-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Rock League Champion
    everyone who mails me 100 plat i will mail back 200 plat "for sure"
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

When you get a response from CS, post it here for us? I'd be interested to know their policy on this sort of thing.
    Watch me on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    Good advice Oss, but I think the guy is asking where to report it, not about what a smart way of going about a trade is.
    I guess my point is, don't expect them to expend much effort fixing it for you. I mean, if some guy sells you a bridge, do you really expect the police to do anything about it other than kick you off the bridge when you try to set up your couch and TV on it?
    --ossuary

Nothing will be done, most likely. At best, the player will be warned, but there is almost nil chance of reimbursement for bad trades or scams, because its a word vs word deal.

Next time, find trusted traders or use a proxy/escrow. Or wait for true trading.

If you need a trustable proxy, my services are available - no glib remarks about taking your stuff from me, I am trustworthy and have the people to vouch for me.

I hope things go better for you - and if you don't mind sharing the contents of the trade/scam, maybe someone here will be generous and help you out of pure goodwill (hinting - if I have spares of what you should have gotten or have lost, I will try to help.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Wait, you want the names of potential scammers hidden? Why?

Because publicly calling people out is against the forum code of conduct. That's why there's a support system. Innocent until proven guilty, and all that.
    --ossuary