Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEX Alpha Patch Notes - v830 - 4/10/2014

HEX Alpha Patch Notes - v830 - 4/10/2014

NEW FEATURES

• Swiss-style tournaments are now live! We want to focus current tournament testing specifically on Swiss
    • We now support paid tournaments with prize payouts (and will grant you lots of platinum to test!)

TOURNAMENTS

• The scroll bar will be reset to the top of the window every time a new pack appears in Draft
    • The 20 minute tournament timer restriction has been removed. YEA!
    • The draft UI now looks more similar to the Card Manager
    • Multiples of cards you have picked in draft will now stack individually

GENERAL

• Starter Decks now have the correct race picture and name in the Store screen
    • “Save as” function now works as intended, rather than saving over the first deck in your list
    • Friend commands are now listed in /help
    • We have done a large pass on card sounds! Nearly every card should play a sound when it enters play
    • Font usage should be consistent throughout the game
    • A unification pass has been done on the Mail and Friends UI. They look more similar now
    • A Store item for the VIP program has been added but is not currently functional
    • You can now click card links in Champion descriptions to see the card
    • The Cost section of Deck Stats in Card Manager has received sorting and scrolling improvements
    • Sort by Name in Card Manager should now function correctly
    • You can now open the options menu from the Tournaments screen again
    • Gozzog is now animated on the landing page

GAMEPLAY

• Incantation of Fear, Incantation of Righteousness, Incantation of Savagery, Incantation of Fury, Incantation of Ascendance, Construction Plans: War Hulk, Construction Plans: Ingenuity Engine, Soul Marble, Giant Cocoon, and Plant Garden have had their text updated to mention that they remove the counters before transforming (These are just templating changes)
    • Gem abilities are no longer removed upon reversion
    • The tooltip for the second activated ability of Sliver of the Immortal Spear now matches the card text
    • Time Ripple no longer has the game text of Buccaneer
    • Fiendish Cabalist’s ability will now function again

KNOWN ISSUES

• Non-troop artifacts do not play their sounds when they enter play
    • The Card Preview in Draft no longer functions
    • The “bin” tab in draft does not currently work
    • If you are offline when tournament prizes are delivered there are currently no notifications that you received your prize
    • The Swiss pairing algorithm has a few pairing corner-case issues to work out

Paid tournament testing and SWISS! What a patch!

Also, animated Gozzog on the home screen! Sweet!
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Veteran Gladiator
    Good to be testing the paid tournaments, so ready for some beta soon

Interessting to see if the sounds add anything, or is just annoying - usual i do not like animation effects in games like HEX.

Awesome stuff! Especially for the second patch of the week. Keep up the good work guys!
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

The Transcended
    Gem reversion fixed! "Save As" fixed!

I'm still anxiously awaiting AH testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Gem reversion fixed! "Save As" fixed!

I'm still anxiously awaiting AH testing.
    Considering Swiss made it in, and that was mentioned as a possible feature that would be delayed, AH is looking at least more likely to arrive before, or just after we go into Beta. I am getting more hyped by the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Considering Swiss made it in, and that was mentioned as a possible feature that would be delayed, AH is looking at least more likely to arrive before, or just after we go into Beta. I am getting more hyped by the week.
    I think when they said that Swiss would be delayed, they meant the large scale MTGO style daily events that are large in size and several rounds. I could be wrong and maybe this is a step in the right direction to get even those implemented in time since I'd imagine they use the same coding. Maybe not.

- John

Second patch in 3 days? I'm impressed. Keep up the good work Hex Entertainment! =)
    Did Reggie's ability get fixed btw? It was a known issue last patch, don't see it mentioned here.
    IGN - Victory
    Guild Master Backer:
    http://i.imgur.com/W8LAtLe.png

Quote Originally Posted by jtatta View Post
    I think when they said that Swiss would be delayed, they meant the large scale MTGO style daily events that are large in size and several rounds. I could be wrong and maybe this is a step in the right direction to get even those implemented in time since I'd imagine they use the same coding. Maybe not.

- John
    I see it as a good sign - Cory didn't sound sure if swiss would make it or not before beta, and it made it already, so I can only assume that the rest of the programming for swiss events should be fairly easy in comparison. It might take a back seat though, for other features.

So with 8-player Swiss, is it still best of 3 for each player? I'm trying to work out what's the minimum and maximum number of games to be played?