Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champion Creation Reference Guide - comments and suggestions welcome!

Champion Creation Reference Guide - comments and suggestions welcome!

So, my compulsive need to understand exactly how my character choices in RPGs mechanically affects gameplay lead me to create a Champion Creation Reference Guide (I used to obsessively check the Arreat Summit when I played D2 because I had to know EXACTLY how much damage I'd be doing).

I'd appreciate it if anyone would like to have a look over it and provide any suggestions for additions, flag errors, and generally help to make the guide better.

Champion Creation Reference Guide

I realize it isn't the prettiest lookin' filly in the stable, but it took me a while to get it to what I felt was good enough to make public. I'll be spending the next few weeks/months/years making it look better and also including new stuff when future PvE updates increase the level cap, unlock new talents, etc.

I already have a "To Do" list at the bottom of the doc with some immediate chores and I'll be happy to add to it with your suggestions!

Hope it helps!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Want more Hex content? Check out card breakdowns, PvE guides, and other Hex videos at:
    The SeriousBsnsGames channel

Looks good so far! I read the first few pages and glanced through the rest.

No suggestions other than what's already on your to-do list. Having the talent-only cards on display will be a great improvement.
    Member of The Unnamed Council: A Relaxed, Yet Organized PvE Guild - apply here!

It looks good and is comprehensive.

Edit:
    On my second review, this is great. Not sure if I only saw part the first time I looked. The shard alignment by race and talent tree by class are nice additions.
    Last edited by nicosharp; 02-02-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks for weighing in guys! I'll be making improvements to the guide from today forward, so be sure to check in every-so often to see how its coming and provide feedback.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Want more Hex content? Check out card breakdowns, PvE guides, and other Hex videos at:

Did I just see you write stuff on there in real-time. That was hypnotic! Looks awesome. I love that so much info is in one place now.

Ha! Yeah, I just decided to change up the formatting and bring the shard alignment charts under their corresponding race entries. I think I like the more cohesive feel to the information that way.

I'll just be working my way up and down the doc over the next few days/weeks while I take everyone's feedback on board.

Wow, this looks great! You rock!
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Very nice.

As always, I appreciate you doing some tutorials for hex as you do on your videos
    What I would change is talking about the Classes before the races so they would know about the blessings before knowing that it changes with a racial
    IGN: Geffen

I like it, thanks for putting this together :-) I definitely like having the shard charts with the race description as that makes it easier to make a decision of which one to go for.