Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Community Tool - HexCollection thingajiggy

New Community Tool - HexCollection thingajiggy

Hey everyone!

Dino here.

The Workerbot Team has a new tool ready for the community! Are you a collector at heart? Do you get all a-flutter at the thought of tracking down each and every card? If that sounds like you, then you have probably been keeping spreadsheets by hand of your collection. I know I have. It is why my hands are so small and raptor-like. Too many nights spent at the keyboard

No more! The new and improved API (brought to us by the ever-talented Chris Woods) has made these hardships a thing of the past. We now have a tool that will track everything automagically. That's right, automagically. Every single collectible item, from sleeves to equipment can be tracked.

Let me show you what the tool can do.

1) Give a breakdown of your collection:

2) Tell you exactly what you are missing in any given category:

Note that our tool tells you how many you are missing, the location, and stats based on recent AH data about how much it would cost to complete your playset.

3) And this includes equipment!

4) Finally, for streamers out there we have a giveaway tab.

Now you will always know how many extras you have of a card and which ones are good to give away! Note that if you want a buffer or don't care about playsets, you can set your cards reserved to any number. You can even make notes in the "donations" column and it will always stay sorted with the correct card row. Give with confidence and ease!

Version 1.0 - 3/22/16
    To download this tool, go here: http://tinyurl.com/HexCollection

Make sure you read the instructions for how to get set up! ReadMe's are your friends.

*EDIT* Tutorial now included!

Finally, as with all of our tools, this is a work in progress. If you find bugs, quirks, or hiccups, please make sure to post here in this thread so we can fix them for our next release. Here are some known issues:

Known Issues:

• Bow of Soul's Chill does not appear in the API (Says it is missing even when it is not)
    • Harvest Medallion does not appear in the API (Says it is missing even when it is not)
    • Inventory items output as 1, even when you own multiples
    • The "RPC 2015 Attendee" (Buccaneer) sleeve does not appear in the API

Finally-finally if you like this tool, please let us know! Kind words and the knowledge that people are making good use of our tools keep us going.

Keep Hexy, all~
    Last edited by Dinotropia; 03-22-2016 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Known Issues Added

I haven't tried it but assuming it works that is amazing thanks guys!
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

I've tried to set it up but I can't find the "Data tab" or "Connection" that is mentioned in the HexCollection readme so I cannot continue

I'm using Excel 2007, do you maybe refer to a different software to open the HexCollection file?

Quote Originally Posted by Largashbur View Post
    I've tried to set it up but I can't find the "Data tab" or "Connection" that is mentioned in the HexCollection readme so I cannot continue

I'm using Excel 2007, do you maybe refer to a different software to open the HexCollection file?
    Im sorry that the read me was not able to help you figure it out for Excel 2007. I found a website that might be able to help walk you through what you need to do. Its not going to be specific to our problem but if it gets you moving in the right direction that would be great. The website address is https://askdrexel.drexel.edu/app/ans...-in-excel-2007.

If you still have problems after looking at that website we can get together on Skype and we can share screens and walk through it together. Im more than willing to help you get the tool working if there is something going on that keeps you from being able to get it working correctly. Please let me know if this helps and if it doesnt, we will figure something out!
    IGN: Celandine

Found it. Forgive me for my own stupidness. Used to the "Data" tab in most other software I was looking at the top right of the screen. Took me long enough to notice that it was actually in the middle of the screen. Solved now and I can confirm the software works great

Thank you for your help, for future reference - you may want to include a manual with screenshots so that people using the software in different languages (like me) won't have an issue there

Thanks for the great tool!

Largashbur

PS: May I recommend an additional tab for future instances? The value of what you HAVE - listed in exact the same way as the NEEDS tab. I'd like to see how much "plat" in cards I have accumulated over the years
    Last edited by Largashbur; 03-12-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Largashbur View Post
    Thank you for your help, for future reference - you may want to include a manual with screenshots so that people using the software in different languages (like me) won't have an issue there
    Largashbur
    That is a great idea! I will look into doing that for the next update of the spreadsheet that will probably be coming with Set 4. If there are any other issues, please feel free to post them here or poke me directly.
    IGN: Celandine

Hello

I tried to run the "collection-saver.exe", but the window that opens closes immediatly. Does it not work for 64 bit systems?

Looks like you need to have java installed for this too work otherwise it when you run collection-saver.exe the window will close immediately.

Also the readme needs to be updated to explictily list which things you are refering to so it is more clear. Like it's the API.ini file that needs to be copied and which .exe that needs to be run.

I'm downloading Java now and will report back if I get it running correctly.

Thanks for the hard work. This looks like it could be useful.

Edit: you can get Java runtime here http://www.java.com/en/download/
    Last edited by Incindium; 03-12-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Installed Java and ran into a couple more issues.

So running collectionsaver.exe itself doesn't seem to work(complains about no Java) but running jar_start.bat did?
    Are you explictly looking for Java in once location?

Also the press any key to stop doesn't seem to be working.

It looks like I was able to get it to output cards_csv.txt and inventory_csv.txt.

I don't have Excel however and am going to try and see if I can import the excel spreadsheet into Google sheets and get it to work there.
    Last edited by Incindium; 03-12-2016 at 06:49 AM.

After installing Java, it works for me. Looks quit amazing on first view

Question: Is it somehow possible to add a second account to the tool? I have 2 kickstarter accounts and would be great to see what I have combined.

Thanks anyway for the work for this tool!