Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition: Nerf Baby Yeti!

Petition: Nerf Baby Yeti!

Hello,

My in-game name is NERD (formerly NerdForChrist). My background with TCG’s began when I was in middle school and a game called Pokémon. Since then I have played Yu-Gi-Oh, WoW TCG, MTG, Vs System, Shadow Era and many others I can’t think of right now. I have been playing HEX since sometime around May of this year and can say I truly have enjoyed most of my time on this game.

There is one concern that I would like to address. I believe that if left unchecked this could ruin the game’s future. The concern I have is with one card… Baby Yeti.

At a glance it seems like an innocent card with little potential. After all it’s a mere 1/1 troop with a cost of 1 and a single ruby threshold. If you were like me when I began then you say oh NERD you are being silly. I would have agreed with you 3 months ago… That was until I started seeing this card being used over and over against me. Countless times I have fallen prey to this monstrosity. It’s simply overpowered.

I often wondered why this card was left untouched in most drafts and was passed on and often left as last pick of the pack. I assumed it was a bad card. But I now know that it is due to the fact that other players want to have a fair match. Using this card against your opponent basically guarantees you will win. So to those of you who pass this card on until you are forced to take it thank you. To those of you who are abusing the raw power of this card I say shame on you!

People who claim the Sun to be OP have certainly never been staring at a Baby Yeti Across the field.

What I propose to correct this design flaw is as follows:
    1. New Keyword Slow: This troop can’t attack or block the entire game (After review this change would still make the card overpowered, proceed to option two).
    2. Prevent it from being added to decks whether it’s constructed or limited. Simply make it unplayable. (Its existence would still impact the game… please proceed to option three).
    3. Remove the card from future pack pulls, people’s collections, and delete any digital trace of this card’s existence. This is the only solution!

I would like an official response from CZE as to how they plan to run a successful TCG when this card determines games before they even start. We might as well change the name of this game to HEX: Baby Yeti!

I hope this madness can come to an end so people can enjoy the game and no longer fall victims to Baby Yeti!
    Last edited by N3rd4Christ; 10-21-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

Reserved

Reserved...

Surely, you're on to something here...
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

/signed

Baby Yeti is OP, and if the designers prefer to avoid nerfs, then it should be banned from tournament play ASAP. You can use it in your crazy PVE decks, but please keep this card from breaking the meta.

You must have been on the receiving end of the Funday Monday Challenge.
    I am truely sorry for your logs.

Master Theorycrafter
    Some cards are better than others and Baby Yeti is one of them. It's a simple fact that changing Baby Yeti at this point would have too much of an impact on the meta and sway it too heavily to control now that we'd lose our turn 1 power house in aggro. It dies to murder therefor it's perfectly balanced like every other card that also dies to murder.

My Shin'hare Milita deck has a 400% winrate vs Baby Yeti decks and I'm a Kickstarter so I know what I'm talking about. You all just need to learn how to play.

Intentions were good when designing this card, but developers need to understand that OP cards like this eventually just end up making the game less fun for everyone. I drafted once, and got pack one pick 2 yeti. Needless to say, someone must have passed it accidentally, and when I selected the yeti, as soon as I clicked and dragged it over to my card pile, the victory screen came up and I won the draft. I felt bad, but what you gunna do, NOT pick baby yeti if you get the chance?

Nonono! You people have to realize that one card HAS to be the best card in the set. If you ban Baby Yeti, another card will take its place - my bet would be on Determined Zombie and we all know how absurdly strong Mono Blood Zombie Aggro already is!