Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonier View Post
    Judge trophy?
    Made out of used match result slips, decklists and embossed foil judge promos with the name of the judge... =D All elmers glued together... and maybe some duct tape...
    Joseph Grasso
    Artisan Level Judge
    CotBF #207

is state champs a cut to top 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Nydyne View Post
    Made out of used match result slips, decklists and embossed foil judge promos with the name of the judge... =D All elmers glued together... and maybe some duct tape...
    I would use the WoW appendix and run the event per the recommended rounds/cut in it.

I have looked but I do not see anything about registering decks at the state events. Is this something that should be done at this level? Is it mandatory or up to the judge?
    Champion of the Black Flame #353
    Level 1 Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Occularus View Post
    I have looked but I do not see anything about registering decks at the state events. Is this something that should be done at this level? Is it mandatory or up to the judge?
    We did not ask stores to collect decklists for this event, so it would be up to the judge/TO. If you'd like to have official decklists for players to fill out, you can download them from http://www.wowtcg.com/official-document-download

If you are going to require decklists, please clearly announce this to your players. I wouldn't mind having these for our records either if you want to email decklists (or pictures of the event) to hobby@cryptozoic.com after State Championships occur.
    Ry Schueller
    Cryptozoic Entertainment

http://www.cryptozoic.com/downloads/...nsignature.jpg

Roshen

I will make sure to announce this on the site and the other forums where the information is posted. We will also have the forms at the desk when the players register. One more question. This is the first event I am assisting in that will have a top cut. When it comes time to put that top 8 in the system do we create a new tournament in the tracker software for only those top 8, or whatever are top cut is? It makes sense to me to do that, I just wanted to make certain that is what we do.

I will send deck lists of the top cut and any pictures we take.
    Level 1 Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Occularus View Post
    When it comes time to put that top 8 in the system do we create a new tournament in the tracker software for only those top 8, or whatever are top cut is?
    Tracker actually has a top cut function. You don't need to set up a new tournament. After the designated number of rounds you click the "Playoff" button in the lower right hand corner.

Benjamin White Chicago, IL
    CZEV# 438 Journeyman Ggmmmlmrmgmg Lrggmrmmlm
    Skywall, a Chicago Facebook group

Thank you very much for that information.
    Level 1 Judge

Infernal Professor
    Is the cut a draft, or continue with the same constructed deck? If draft, do the draft packs come out of the prize packs for the top players, or is this in addition? Policy doc does not seem to be specific, and I didn't see the answer to this spelled out in the state champ packet flier.
    CZEV#240 Champion of the Black Flame, Level 1 Judge

I am assuming it is the players play with their decks stil, similar to what was done with realm championships. That is why we are having a deck registration in Indiana to make certain decks remain the same throughout the tournament. I go live with ours in about 10 hours so unless I hear or see differently I will be having players using their same decks during the top cut.
    Level 1 Judge