Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

instant vs instant

I was playing the game at friend house, this came up. Player A plays instants that allow add bonus to a card, by naming a card name and get +4 for each copy of that card in all players army. so that player A's card now has +16. Players B plays instants that discard the his current solider which was that name card that Player A use. So does that mean now that Player A card is worth +12?

you might want to be more specific. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

From my understanding and a few attempts at playing the game,

You take turns playing instants, then at the end compare the total Yumminess. If your Yumminess is less you lose.

So in this case, if your opponent removes one of your servings, which gave you a bonus you would reduce your bonus as he is no longer there to buff your other serving
    Level 2 Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV# 377
    Looking for a place to play near Downers Grove? Fair Game WoW TCG Tuesdays 6pm-10pm

Writer and Creator of www.MyWoWTCG.com
    -We are always looking for Submissions and Good Writers

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    My thought is that you are correct, the additional yumminess is recalculated if you change what the instants are basing their yumminess on.
    I see nothing in the rules that states which way this event would be solved.
    -Lenny
    Leonard Volk
    Champion of the Black Flame
    CZEV#203

Judge Level 2
    Raleigh NC Players: http://bit.ly/wowtcgraleigh

lol, thought it was a bot until I saw it was the Food Fight forum, not the WoW forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isgee View Post
    Stop using the word opinion to mean that I'm not allowed to explain why you're wrong.
    http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by __X__ View Post
    lol, thought it was a bot until I saw it was the Food Fight forum, not the WoW forum.
    -1 yumminess to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    My thought is that you are correct, the additional yumminess is recalculated if you change what the instants are basing their yumminess on.
    I see nothing in the rules that states which way this event would be solved.
    -Lenny
    The main reason my assumption of this is, is that in the rules it specifically states you calculate it to get to the best yumminess. So if you were to play something that gave +4 yumminess on a card that had an effect to double it, that +4 would be doubled...
    Level 2 Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV# 377
    Looking for a place to play near Downers Grove? Fair Game WoW TCG Tuesdays 6pm-10pm

Writer and Creator of www.MyWoWTCG.com
    -We are always looking for Submissions and Good Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Bernado View Post
    -1 yumminess to you, sir.
    ...but I'm holding a Dunkin' Donut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isgee View Post
    Stop using the word opinion to mean that I'm not allowed to explain why you're wrong.
    http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by __X__ View Post
    ...but I'm holding a Dunkin' Donut?
    ...and I'm holding a Krispie Kreme, & since you don't have coffee...I WIN!
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV #451
    Touchweiners!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gruntofkis View Post
    I was playing the game at friend house, this came up. Player A plays instants that allow add bonus to a card, by naming a card name and get +4 for each copy of that card in all players army. so that player A's card now has +16. Players B plays instants that discard the his current solider which was that name card that Player A use. So does that mean now that Player A card is worth +12?
    Candy Warhol locks in the bonus when you play it, so no, it does not lose the additional 4.

Thanks,
    Matt Hyra
    CZE R&D and Food Fight Game Designer
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 09-02-2011 at 11:58 PM.