Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1

    Draft Rally Clarification

    So, I've run a LOT of tournaments here locally, helped at DMF, Blizzcon, GenCon & Realm Champs. I run drafts weekly at a local store here, and yet I still can't figure out how I determine the top 4 for the Ashnaar foils when there is more than 1 draft pod? Never had that issue before.

    Hopefully someone with more experience at that can fill me in.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMCurtis View Post
    So, I've run a LOT of tournaments here locally, helped at DMF, Blizzcon, GenCon & Realm Champs. I run drafts weekly at a local store here, and yet I still can't figure out how I determine the top 4 for the Ashnaar foils when there is more than 1 draft pod? Never had that issue before.

    Hopefully someone with more experience at that can fill me in.
    Your CZE software should have the pod option for drafting - so you should be able to figure out the top 4? Hope that helps?
    Michael Lum
    Skyhaven Games
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    http://skyhavengames.proboards.com/
    skyhavenvictoria@shaw.ca
    CZEV: #127 - Judge Level 2
    I write freelance about the WoW TCG. Please let me know if you'd like me to write something for you!

  3. #3
    I know that technically the software will do that. I'm expecting to probably have 3 pods of people. After 3 rounds in each pod that leaves 1 3-0 in each pod. The 4th place person is soley on tiebreakers? That seems kind of rough.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMCurtis View Post
    I know that technically the software will do that. I'm expecting to probably have 3 pods of people. After 3 rounds in each pod that leaves 1 3-0 in each pod. The 4th place person is soley on tiebreakers? That seems kind of rough.
    It does. But how else do you break it?
    Michael Lum
    Skyhaven Games
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    http://skyhavengames.proboards.com/
    skyhavenvictoria@shaw.ca
    CZEV: #127 - Judge Level 2
    I write freelance about the WoW TCG. Please let me know if you'd like me to write something for you!

  5. #5
    That's my question. I don't look forward to handing out that last prize based on tiebreakers.

  6. #6
    Can't you just have people draft in a few pods then all play together in one big group?

  7. #7
    Infernal Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    412
    You could, but that takes some draft strategy out of the window.
    WoW TCG Level 2 Judge

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMCurtis View Post
    I know that technically the software will do that. I'm expecting to probably have 3 pods of people. After 3 rounds in each pod that leaves 1 3-0 in each pod. The 4th place person is soley on tiebreakers? That seems kind of rough.
    The problem becomes with 3 draft pods that is 24 people and should be run 5 rounds according to the Operating Document I recieved yesterday.

    Jim

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaric View Post
    Can't you just have people draft in a few pods then all play together in one big group?
    This is not fair to the players, both card pools and players drafting are not of equal quality in the different pods. I played in an event that did cross pod playing before and have promised myself to never do this again.

    I'm considering using some of the product that should go to prize support (everyone playing got 3 extra packs) to run a second draft if I have enough players to justify more than one pod.

    Jim

  10. #10
    We have one happening this weekend as well and I would like to know how it is officially done. Because my thing would be (in the 24 example above) that after the first round the pods mix. THis is how we typically draft, yes it creates some inequalities but in a 24 player tourney you are supposed to do 5 rounds. You cant do that sticking with the pods.

    Another thing, after the first round why would players who lost possibly want to continue playing? By mixing the pods and doing the full five rounds a player who takes a round one loss may have a chance to top 4. Otherwise this will most likely be single elimination and I dont think that is how it was intended.

    Also, keep in mind that 16 or 24 players is OPTIMAL, what happens when you have 13 or 20? You would have to mix pods to ensure that peoples tie breakers arnt totally screwed.

    Please let us know if its our choice or if there is some official way this is to be done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •