Hybrid View

VIP in China not getting gift pack @ShangHai DMF 2011

I'd like to start by saying that I hate to ask for things and avoid it when possible. I was asked however to make a post and ask about the rift that has developed between Cryptozoic and its Chinese tournament organizers.

I probably should have started with the fact that I am the Hong Kong VIP, and as such (according to my card) should receive some sort of gift pack at any major event I participate in (DMF, Continental Champs). At NACC, I received this gift and, quite frankly, it made my day.

No such day was made in Shang Hai. The DMF was held a few weekends ago, and I've only now finally worked up the courage to make this post and grovel for my gift pack.

I spoke to the Judges and they pointed me in the direction of the Tournament Organizer. I asked her and she informed me that they had no such gift for me at the moment. I'm not 100% sure of what the situation is, but apparently:

The tournament organizer was not in charge of VIP gift packs. Instead Cryptozoic's new China Rep was supposed to provide these? In any case, I was told to email Cryptozoic or post on the forums about the situation. This is me making good on that promise to my friend who requested this of me.

I also feel inclined to ask about a gift pack for the DMF held this year in Shen Zhen, attached to the APCC. I played in that as well, but at the time was not aware of the VIP benefits (since we didn't have our cards).

This is getting a bit long for a forum post, so I'll ask one more question and wrap it up.

The prize support for DMF top 8 also seemed a bit lacking. For fourth place, I received an Ipad 2, a foil Rufus Claybourne, and a Lightning Bolt DMF playmat. According to the DMF website, there should have been a loot card as well. The ShangHai DMF website does not list loot cards as a prize (and was also inaccurate), but is this prize disparity intended?

TLDR: I am Hong Kong's VIP and played in 3 large events this past year (after winning the VIP card). I have received a gift pack for only 1 of those events (Las Vegas). Is the problem Cryptozoic's? Or is it the fault of the TO and lack of communication between the parent company and affiliates?

Would appreciate a reply and thanks in advance. Love the game and look forward to the Class Deck tournament on Saturday.

Master Theorycrafter
    Make sure that you email your concerns to player@cryptozoic.com. That is the best place to contact cryptozoic for these types of concerns.
    William "Zogar" Zobac
    Cryptozoic Wow TCG - Artisan (Level 3) Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame! / CZEVolunteer #44
    http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4190/ferrierjz0.jpg

Done, but I like to cast a wide net.

Going to go ahead and throw a bump

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowned View Post
    Going to go ahead and throw a bump
    Hey Jonathan,

We've seen this post, and your email.

I've contacted our rep in China, and I'm trying to get more information on this for you.
    Ry Schueller
    Cryptozoic Entertainment

http://www.cryptozoic.com/downloads/...nsignature.jpg

Thanks for the response!

Just got my VIP Gift packs today. Thanks to Cryptozoic and Ming Wan in China.

Appreciate the swift delivery .