3 encounters in 1 turn at location?

i reached a location and lost my 2nd encounter (killed an ally instead), but that encounter card says if lose the fight i have to draw another encounter.
    1. do i get to pick up the location tile and it's bonuses before the 3rd encounter?
    2. do i need to do a 3rd encounter at all or is it max 2 encounters at a location?
    3. if i kill my ally instead of myself getting bitten, did i survive or lose that fight?
    4. does the non-lethal wound scrounge card work for a 1 person game (on myself), and would that be considered a win or loss then?

thanks!!

1. Yes, you do get the Location card after surviving the 2nd Encounter, before you draw the next one. Each Encounter is always dealt with separately.
    2. You do need to do the 3rd Encounter. There is no max.
    3. Losing an Ally is surviving the fight. All you need to do is survive 2 Encounters at a Location to gain the card. As long as your character survives, it doesn't matter what happens to your Allies.
    4. The Non-Lethal wound works just fine in Solo play. You thought you were dead, but it turns out you survived. Note that if you play this to "cheat death" during the 2nd Encounter at a Location, that counts as surviving the 2nd Encounter.

ok so it sounds like surviving = a win. thanks for answering all my questions! :-)