Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhaven_Games View Post
    I find it hard to believe that the store owner would actually use the words: "Screw you". Also, am confused as to why you aren't allowed to play with your own decks; do you mean to say your store runs a lot of limited (draft/sealed) events?

I would actually approach your store again in a calm and collected manner and talk it over with them. It's hard to believe that they're as evil as you seem to be portraying them.

Most stores are willing to change when they understand that it will affect the way their business (bottom line) will operate, so if you're intending to set something up somewhere else, perhaps you should explain your concerns and your alternate solution to the owner in order to encourage a better community.

Just my thoughts on that.

Believe me, I tried... several times...

They keep giving me the same answers.

And yes they only do sealed and draft stuff... Or with class starters...

Because that's where the money's at for them... Or so they think.

I know it is hard to believe, but this is apparently just their mentality.
    "I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was akin to a slow death."

Sounds like a terrible situation. If you've exhausted all your resources and yourself in trying to get them to be a bit more flexible, it sounds like starting up your own group is a much better option.

If they think that's going to work for them in the long run, I wonder what they're going to do when people start leaving because they're forced to constantly buy packs in order to participate in any of their events. In a down economy (and especially the holiday season) not everyone can buy into sealed or draft every week. I sure can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Inflamable View Post
    Believe me, I tried... several times...

They keep giving me the same answers.

And yes they only do sealed and draft stuff... Or with class starters...

Because that's where the money's at for them... Or so they think.

I know it is hard to believe, but this is apparently just their mentality.
    Odd. Anyhow, if you and other players stop attending as a group, this should send the message home. This only works if you're united to deliver your message. See if this changes the tune of the store owner.

Lastly, you should see if you can get the store owner to simply hand over the BG kit to you, and have you as the TO. This will allow you to run the events - which may make it less of a hassle of the store owner (employee costs, storing the support, etc.).

Starting your own group, in my mind, is drastic (for the reasons you've stated - if you're starting one just because you want more WoW, hey, that's great). Still - if it's necessary, and your group agrees with you and your stance, go for it.
    Michael Lum
    Skyhaven Games
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    http://skyhavengames.proboards.com/
    skyhavenvictoria@shaw.ca
    CZEV: #127 - Judge Level 2
    I write freelance about the WoW TCG. Please let me know if you'd like me to write something for you!

Devoted Emissary
    Odd. Anyhow, if you and other players stop attending as a group, this should send the message home. This only works if you're united to deliver your message. See if this changes the tune of the store owner.

Lastly, you should see if you can get the store owner to simply hand over the BG kit to you, and have you as the TO. This will allow you to run the events - which may make it less of a hassle of the store owner (employee costs, storing the support, etc.).

Starting your own group, in my mind, is drastic (for the reasons you've stated - if you're starting one just because you want more WoW, hey, that's great). Still - if it's necessary, and your group agrees with you and your stance, go for it.

The shop owner his brother is the current TO... He also applied for champion of the black flame and is a level 1 judge...

Needless to say, he did the same to their magic community... By now they don't even have OP for Magic anymore...

He screwed that up so hard, I think the dude has some mental issues since he wants to be in charge of everything and rule in everything. When I brought it up with their ex-magic players they had the same scenario. That guy completely destroyed it...

Furthermore he managed to damage my reputation also, by badmouthing etc.

So I think that the only way to move the community (I think I brought 80% of their current wow tcg players), to a new location and save it before it all crumbles down.

It's not fun I agree, it's either not nice towards the shop also. But it's to sad to let everything we worked rather hard for get destroyed by someone who wants to be some kind of a dictator...
    "I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was akin to a slow death."

The shop owner his brother is the current TO... He also applied for champion of the black flame and is a level 1 judge...

Needless to say, he did the same to their magic community... By now they don't even have OP for Magic anymore...

He screwed that up so hard, I think the dude has some mental issues since he wants to be in charge of everything and rule in everything. When I brought it up with their ex-magic players they had the same scenario. That guy completely destroyed it...

Furthermore he managed to damage my reputation also, by badmouthing etc.

So I think that the only way to move the community (I think I brought 80% of their current wow tcg players), to a new location and save it before it all crumbles down.

It's not fun I agree, it's either not nice towards the shop also. But it's to sad to let everything we worked rather hard for get destroyed by someone who wants to be some kind of a dictator...
    The reason why I find it odd is because the store is still in business, if they're actually as bad as that.

As a side note, that CZEV doesn't sound like a very good CZEV. Is he holding demos and such in the community? A champion is supposed to be a force of good for the community...well, I won't go into it, but perhaps rather than posting in a public forums (and yes, I've noticed you haven't called out any names, which is good) maybe you should write to Cryptozoic's e-mail address?
    Michael Lum
    Skyhaven Games
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    skyhavenvictoria@shaw.ca
    I write freelance about the WoW TCG. Please let me know if you'd like me to write something for you!

Devoted Emissary
    The reason why I find it odd is because the store is still in business, if they're actually as bad as that.

As a side note, that CZEV doesn't sound like a very good CZEV. Is he holding demos and such in the community? A champion is supposed to be a force of good for the community...well, I won't go into it, but perhaps rather than posting in a public forums (and yes, I've noticed you haven't called out any names, which is good) maybe you should write to Cryptozoic's e-mail address?

Hi thanks again for your reply, no I will not name them here...
    I also have no idea how they can still be in business.
    They do not give demo's, or anything like it...

I am sure willing to write an e-mail to Cryptozoic... @ Their Winterveil they did a random roll for the playmat... I won... They don't like me... They rerolled... People who know me and actually saw it happen are shocked. I can mention them in my mail to Cryptozoic.

It is terrifying that stuff like this just happens.

What mail adress of Cryptozoic is the best one to contact?

Hi thanks again for your reply, no I will not name them here...
    I also have no idea how they can still be in business.
    They do not give demo's, or anything like it...

I am sure willing to write an e-mail to Cryptozoic... @ Their Winterveil they did a random roll for the playmat... I won... They don't like me... They rerolled... People who know me and actually saw it happen are shocked. I can mention them in my mail to Cryptozoic.

It is terrifying that stuff like this just happens.

What mail adress of Cryptozoic is the best one to contact?
    Perhaps player@cryptozoic.com or volunteer@cryptozoic.com (if it's about the CZEV)?
    Michael Lum
    Skyhaven Games
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    skyhavenvictoria@shaw.ca

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    @ Their Winterveil they did a random roll for the playmat... I won... They don't like me... They rerolled... People who know me and actually saw it happen are shocked. I can mention them in my mail to Cryptozoic.
    You better mention that. On what grounds did they justify a re-roll? Honestly I would walk up there, demand the playmat or if the playmat was out, take it and leave. That's beyond being a bad store. That's being a bad person.
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/MASUABI1.png
    Lvl 1 Judge & TO CZE Number: 10-152-066

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Masuabie View Post
    You better mention that. On what grounds did they justify a re-roll? Honestly I would walk up there, demand the playmat or if the playmat was out, take it and leave. That's beyond being a bad store. That's being a bad person.
    I agree, but I didn't want to make a scene or damage the community where some of us worked hard for to get... It's not that easy building a community in a small country like this...

So I decided to be the guy with the bigger b*lls and let it pass... I don't really care about the playmat, but more the principal behind it. Especially after everything I did for that store and the community there.

He justified it by saying it was not a 30 but a double 0 roll...

Quote Originally Posted by Masuabie View Post
    That's being a bad community that lets it happen, too. If I won the mat on the reroll, I would've given it to Inflamable.
    Michael Lum
    Skyhaven Games
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    skyhavenvictoria@shaw.ca