Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm a CZEV volunteer without officially getting my application accepted??

I submitted the app 1 month ago. Did all the legwork of getting my shop in Los Angeles to let us hold battlegrounds there by contacting them, making a facebook page, calling up people, posting to countless pages, etc etc. We are the only shop in Greater LA and it was all due to the hard work of myself (and 1 other friend).

We have had about 3-4 battlegrounds since the beginning of December and CZ actually got us our first kits in time for Winter Veil. The manager of the store took it upon himself just to become the TO since he became interested in the game as well. I went out and took the Lvl 1 just test and passed it to take care of that too.

So........ how come I can't even get the CZEV application approved? I got all this started and I can't even seem to get someone to acknowledge the application I put in, approve it, and give me some satisfaction for all the hard work to get this going. Can someone respond?? It's been over a month. I think that is more than enough time... and considering we got numerous responses from CZ to setup this shop, get kits, and get sanctioned as an official store all in 1-2 weeks, there has to be someone behind that desk that is responding to those other requests, but just doesn't think that the CZEV program is a priority.

Rigid Buffalo
    took mine about 3 months, so I would suggest waiting a bit longer before making a post such as this...

That is ridiculous

Rigid Buffalo
    well. what exactly are you trying to get that you need it approved right away? wanna go volunteer at conventions? or just looking for some free swag?

I signed up for exactly what it stated:

"Being a Champion is a lot of work, but it is also rewarding. You will enjoy stuff like exclusive CZEV promo cards for each of CZE games (World of Warcraft, etc) and able to attend CZEV Summits at conventions. You may also receive exclusive spoilers that you can share with your local player base and priority for receiving sponsorship to volunteer at events that Cryptozoic attends!:

And from the past month of getting the ball rolling for a LA community, I think it shouldn't take 3 months to get a simple application with a few questions to get approved. Someone at CZ has a chain of emails that I sent to get the store up and running, so they know for a fact that I am not just sitting at home without having put a big effort into getting this player base started.

OK just a few things.

It does take a month or so to get approved. Now you have to understand it is a different department and is only handled by a single person, who also handles quite a bit more. The Battleground side of things is handled by a team of people.

in addition to that, if you are just doing the Volunteer thing for the swag, that is the wrong reason. it is a lot of work more than you have stated.. you should be doing it because you love the game and want to see it grow. As far as the swag side of things, they mail out promo's on a quarterly basis, 1-2 cards... in addition to that they post 1-2 cards in the volunteer forum just before set release for us to share with our group.

Things will fall into place, you just have to be patient and continue to support the game where it is. You should be ecstatic that it got set up so fast at your local store and you can begin to grow the scene, not upset that you are qualifying for a few promo cards or extra prieviews....
    Level 2 Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV# 377
    Looking for a place to play near Downers Grove? Fair Game WoW TCG Tuesdays 6pm-10pm

Writer and Creator of www.MyWoWTCG.com
    -We are always looking for Submissions and Good Writers

I wouldn't be in it just for the shwag if I didn't go out of my way to call 3 stores in LA, constantly pester them to hold events, eventually get one to hold them, make a facebook page, advertise the crap out of it and pull my friends who play D&D and video games into the games to get them hooked, demo it at a video game night at work, etc etc...

Where and how this message suddenly turned into me just wanting shwag is beyond believable. Yes, that is part of the CZEV program, but I am volunteering because I do love the game and I obviously want to see it grow because I encourage everyone around me to try it out... but I am just generally irritated that its been over a month and that is why I posted.

I was simply saying you have to be patient. With the holiday season emails get backed up as does work.

As I have said it takes longer for you to get set up as a Volunteer than it does for a store to get set up for battlegrounds. There are more people working on the latter.

However you gaining volunteer status won't magically change anything, it will simply be something you can call yourself. Nothing else.
    Level 2 Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV# 377
    Looking for a place to play near Downers Grove? Fair Game WoW TCG Tuesdays 6pm-10pm

Writer and Creator of www.MyWoWTCG.com
    -We are always looking for Submissions and Good Writers

Hello stephanos,

We're still working on getting caught up on messages we received from December. We appreciate the work you're doing in your local community, and we plan to be in touch with you soon!
    Ry Schueller
    Cryptozoic Entertainment

http://www.cryptozoic.com/downloads/...nsignature.jpg