Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Card Clarifications

Hey Gang :: Been having a blast playing the game, but there's a few cards I've found to be potentially ambiguous, so I figured I'd come here to get some clarity!

1) Foes on your Left and Right ::
    - If you are down to just one foe left, do they get targeted twice?

2a) Beard 'O Blasty's (Source) - This card copies the text of the Delivery of your spell.
    2b) Disco-Mirrored (Quality) - This card copies the text of a Source or Delivery of a spell.
    - In copying the Text only part of it means you do not copy the glyph, but if you have other glyphs that match Beard 'O Blasty's (Arcande) or Disco-Mirrored (Illusion) you get additional power dice for the cards accordingly, correct?

3) Ben Voodoo's (Source) - Each for rolls a die and takes that much damage. Destroy one of your Treasures if you have any.
    - This means the CASTER (You) destroy one of your own treasures, not the foes, correct?

4) Dicey (Quality) - You roll two dice. Each of your foes rolls one die. Foes who match one or more of your dice rolls each suffer damage equal to that roll.
    - If you roll doubles (4 & 4) and a foe rolls a 4 - he suffers 8 damage, correct?

5) Pact With the Devil (Delivery) "10+ 2 Damage, and if he has a delivery in his spell, steal it and resolve it as part of your spell"
    - Once another wizard fully resolves his spell it is immediately discarded, they are not kept until the end of the round, so it's possible if your target has already cast his spell this round his Delivery (if he had one) would already have been discarded and cannot be stolen, correct?

6) Vorpal-Trap (Delivery) "10+ 3 Damage, and the target must choose and destroy one of his Treasures or suffer 3 more damage"
    - If the player does not have any treasures to destroy, they still suffer 3 more damage, correct?

7) Exorcism (Delivery) "5-9 2 damage, or 4 if he has a Last Wizard standing token / 10+ As above, but double the damage"
    - If you roll 10+, your foe suffers 4 damage, or 8 if he has a Last Wizard standing token, correct?

8) Power Vortex (Delivery) "1-4 You discard a card / 5-9 2 damage, and you discard two cards / 10+ As above, and you also gain a treasure.
    - If you roll 5-9, your foes take 2 damage, but the CASTER (You) discards two cards, correct?
    - If you roll 10+, your foes take 2 damage, but the CASTER (You) discards two cards and gain one treasure, correct?

I know some of these seem logical and self-explanatory, but there's a hint of ambiguity in them and I want to make sure we're playing correctly =)

Thanks!
    --Micah

Quote Originally Posted by Akkim View Post
    Hey Gang :: Been having a blast playing the game, but there's a few cards I've found to be potentially ambiguous, so I figured I'd come here to get some clarity!

1) Foes on your Left and Right ::
    - If you are down to just one foe left, do they get targeted twice?
    No, just once.

2a) Beard 'O Blasty's (Source) - This card copies the text of the Delivery of your spell.
    2b) Disco-Mirrored (Quality) - This card copies the text of a Source or Delivery of a spell.
    - In copying the Text only part of it means you do not copy the glyph, but if you have other glyphs that match Beard 'O Blasty's (Arcande) or Disco-Mirrored (Illusion) you get additional power dice for the cards accordingly, correct?
    Correct

3) Ben Voodoo's (Source) - Each for rolls a die and takes that much damage. Destroy one of your Treasures if you have any.
    - This means the CASTER (You) destroy one of your own treasures, not the foes, correct?
    Yes. The words "you" and "your" in a spell refer to the caster.

4) Dicey (Quality) - You roll two dice. Each of your foes rolls one die. Foes who match one or more of your dice rolls each suffer damage equal to that roll.
    - If you roll doubles (4 & 4) and a foe rolls a 4 - he suffers 8 damage, correct?
    Correct!

5) Pact With the Devil (Delivery) "10+ 2 Damage, and if he has a delivery in his spell, steal it and resolve it as part of your spell"
    - Once another wizard fully resolves his spell it is immediately discarded, they are not kept until the end of the round, so it's possible if your target has already cast his spell this round his Delivery (if he had one) would already have been discarded and cannot be stolen, correct?
    Correct

6) Vorpal-Trap (Delivery) "10+ 3 Damage, and the target must choose and destroy one of his Treasures or suffer 3 more damage"
    - If the player does not have any treasures to destroy, they still suffer 3 more damage, correct?
    Correct

7) Exorcism (Delivery) "5-9 2 damage, or 4 if he has a Last Wizard standing token / 10+ As above, but double the damage"
    - If you roll 10+, your foe suffers 4 damage, or 8 if he has a Last Wizard standing token, correct?
    Correct

8) Power Vortex (Delivery) "1-4 You discard a card / 5-9 2 damage, and you discard two cards / 10+ As above, and you also gain a treasure.
    - If you roll 5-9, your foes take 2 damage, but the CASTER (You) discards two cards, correct?
    - If you roll 10+, your foes take 2 damage, but the CASTER (You) discards two cards and gain one treasure, correct?
    Correct on all.

I know some of these seem logical and self-explanatory, but there's a hint of ambiguity in them and I want to make sure we're playing correctly =)

Thanks!
    --Micah
    Your instincts were pretty darn correct. Or, as they say on Mt. Skullzfyre... pretty damn correct.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

1. They'd get targeted once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    2-player targeting: Actually, you only get targeted once per spell effect. Some cards, like Thundering, can produce multiple effects and therefore can hit the same player more than once.
    2. You are correct sir.

3. Yes, the caster destroys a treasure

4. Yes sirs

5. Yes, once a spell is casted, the cards would be discarded.

6. Yup, no treasures means that you must take the 3 damage.

7. You are correct.

8. Yes, you discard the cards and gain the treasure.
    <edit>
    Noo Matt! I even refreshed before posting to make sure you didn't post yet. Curses!
    :: Certifiably Insane ::
    Level 1 WoWTCG Judge
    Trade rep: +16 WoWTCG

IGN: Zeenigami
    Twitch.tv/zeenigami

Quote Originally Posted by Zeenigami View Post
    <edit>
    Noo Matt! I even refreshed before posting to make sure you didn't post yet. Curses!
    I am that epic.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

The "you" and "your" in some cards also make me doubt at the beginning.
    Good to read a clarification!

It's nice seeing that I'm not the only one that had these questions, Longs - funny that you started a thread asking about one of my head-scratchers =)

--Micah

Additional Card/Rule Clarifications ::

1) It's known that you can intentionally play an illegal spell to be able to discard the extra card(s) - however, for determining initiative, does it still count as a spell with the number of cards you have placed?
    - We have been ruling this as a yes (a risk to trying to discard)

2a) Festering (Quality) :: Your strongest foe who has not acted this round must discard the Quality of his spell, if any.
    2b) Pact With The Devil (Delivery) :: 10+ 2 damage, and if he has a Delivery in his spell, steal it and resolve it as part of your spell
    - If the target's spell has a WILD MAGIC card in the appropriate position, we have NOT been discarding/stealing it as it is a Wild Magic card and not actually a Quality or Delivery, correct?

3) Impatient (Quality) :: At the start of the initiative, reveal this card. Your spell resolves first this round. Deal 1 damage to each foe
    - Even if other players have cast a spell with fewer parts, you still go first, correct?
    - The 1 damage is not dealt until the Quality of your spell is resolved, correct?

Thanks again!
    --Micah

Additional Card/Rule Clarifications ::

1) It's known that you can intentionally play an illegal spell to be able to discard the extra card(s) - however, for determining initiative, does it still count as a spell with the number of cards you have placed?
    - We have been ruling this as a yes (a risk to trying to discard)

2a) Festering (Quality) :: Your strongest foe who has not acted this round must discard the Quality of his spell, if any.
    2b) Pact With The Devil (Delivery) :: 10+ 2 damage, and if he has a Delivery in his spell, steal it and resolve it as part of your spell
    - If the target's spell has a WILD MAGIC card in the appropriate position, we have NOT been discarding/stealing it as it is a Wild Magic card and not actually a Quality or Delivery, correct?

3) Impatient (Quality) :: At the start of the initiative, reveal this card. Your spell resolves first this round. Deal 1 damage to each foe
    - Even if other players have cast a spell with fewer parts, you still go first, correct?
    - The 1 damage is not dealt until the Quality of your spell is resolved, correct?

Thanks again!
    --Micah
    Here is how we have interpreted the rules locally:

1. Yes it is a spell with three components until they are revealed

2. Since the component is not known until the player acts, you would get whatever card would happen to be in the slot, be it a wild magic, or invalid spell component as you suggested in question 1.

3. Correct, this spell resolves first before anyone else, and we have played it where the damage is done immediately. (The damage portion I am not 100% confident on however)
    ~Jypsy, Grand phoob of the universe.
    Champion Of The Black Flame #433
    Events Organizer,
    Kryptonite Kollectibles
    Janesville, WI

Jypsy is correct. Further clarifications:
    On #1: If you played 2, but only 1 is legal, you announce a 2-card spell. That is the "cost" of hand improvement.
    On #3: The damage from Impatient waits until the Quality portion resolves.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Jypsy is correct. Further clarifications:
    On #1: If you played 2, but only 1 is legal, you announce a 2-card spell. That is the "cost" of hand improvement.
    On #3: The damage from Impatient waits until the Quality portion resolves.
    So just to clarify on number 1.

If you play 5 cards, you announce a 5 card spell? even tho only 3 of those cards are legal?
    Level 2 Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV# 377
    Looking for a place to play near Downers Grove? Fair Game WoW TCG Tuesdays 6pm-10pm

Writer and Creator of www.MyWoWTCG.com
    -We are always looking for Submissions and Good Writers