Question How to find players?

Good morning.

First, I apologize, English is not my first language (neither is spanish), I may write some stuff wrong, so I ask for your tolerance.

Once upon a time I was judge lvl1 under Upperdeck in the beautiful city of Tuscaloosa, Alabama (Roll Tide!) for this games, but our player-pool ended dry (they left, got back to magic or Yu-Ghi-Yo, got girlfriend/wife, graduate, etc...) and the game die.

No local store is supporting the game, and despite the regular disapearance of booster in the locals Target/walmart, no one seems to play it openly.

To play a senction tournament, I(and any other local player) have to drive 2:45 to 3:35h drive to reach one of the 6-7 store running them.

To try to change the situation I just passed (last night/this morning) both the (L1?) TO test, and L1 Judge test.
    I figure that anyone living at 1:30h from tuscaloosa would be interested by a more local venue to play the game.

But now I'm facing my main problem: How to let player know I am here and I can organise sanctionned tournament.

I have access to venue, either at some local store where I know the owners, or the university ground (I'm a PHD-GTA, so I can obtain some room in the student center), If the game is not supported by the store at the beginning, I can by online at some card trader that give a "close to storeprice" price deal on boxes of booster.

But I need to be able to contact players, and players that don't necessarily check this forum. I was thinking posting flyer in the local store and some store in the neigbourd cities (damn you gas price!), but it must be better/faster/more efficient was to get the word out, and since you guys have (way) more experience than me on that, I'm seeking your wisdom here.

I would do the flyer in local stores and maybe even try things like Facebook. Go to where people play other card games now and show up to play WoW, bring extra decks with you. Offer to demo.
    Nova Scotia LCG Hub

Star Wars: The Card Game Podcast - Table Flip - Facebook

You could try posting on the realm forus, asking if there's any players near you. Then again, I don't know if people read those, but it's worth the try.

This is the realm you would want to post to Neko7

http://forums.wowtcg.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30
    Nova Scotia LCG Hub

Star Wars: The Card Game Podcast - Table Flip - Facebook

There is various media you could use. Personally, I would start trying to organise battlegrounds at the local store, do a few demo's in the weekends and ask the owners of the store to have a poster about this. Start advertising about your demo's on facebook (there are several links you can find in http://forums.wowtcg.com/showthread.php?t=195 and http://forums.wowtcg.com/showthread.php?t=2314), perhaps ask the local Target-store if you're allowed to hang up a poster (they may not have anything against it if the poster is only saying that you're demo'ing the game and looking for more players to play with - just don't mention that the local store sells WoW TCG related anything as well if they actually do that). The people that are coming to the demo's may not become a part of your playgroup but you need to think positive and hope that there's a few that will start the game.

You mention that you and any other local player needs to drive a long way, they could be the base of your playergroup and perhaps they know of even more people around your area so ask them as well. If you can make some special events, you could ask the players of the battlegrounds you attend to come as well.
    Last edited by Saguaro; 04-15-2012 at 03:47 PM.