Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Draft Rally & Showdown 2012 - Question

What is going on for the Draft Rally and Showdown Events for June-August?

I am Asking because I've been hearing rumors about the Draft Rally being canceled
    also about it continuing so I am trying to clarify what’s really going on...
    We don't go do stupid things when somebody yells, 'For the Horde'. -Thrall
    Central Jersey Warcraft

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I hope it's not cancelled!!! Cancelling Spectral Safaris AND Rally/Showdown would be super sad.
    Shannon Conner
    Journeyman Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame #551
    Galactic Quest - Buford, GA
    Feralas Realm
    Join the ATL WoW Facebook Group

Not to mention put a real cramp on regional play.

I really did enjoy my first Spectral Safari and Draft Rally last year. Those were fun events in my opinion.

I don't see any local OP events in the near future except for the Holiday events.

But at least we got 5 cool Champion Decks this year and the CZE Tour looks interesting...

Information on the 2012 Draft Rally event, "Rise of the Champions" can be found here: http://wowtcg.cryptozoic.com/tournam...aft-rally-2012

The Draft Rally is back. Its an event ran specifically by the Champions of the Black Flame and will not feature any of those silly gold bordered cards. You can contact your local Champion to see if he/she has anything scheduled. If not, encourage them to do so. They should have gotten an email about it.

Does this mean there is no showdown?

I don't see anything about a showdown this year. But that's okay because the main focus is on the draft format. And since not every store has a Battleground that drafts, this event will allow players to practice their drafting skills.

And it continues for a few weeks so different stores can hold the event on different weeks (like Realm Qualifiers), which is something I enjoy since I like to travel to other stores and meet new players.

I am so looking forward to the new set and drafting with dual class heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclaire View Post
    The Draft Rally is back. Its an event ran specifically by the Champions of the Black Flame and will not feature any of those silly gold bordered cards. You can contact your local Champion to see if he/she has anything scheduled. If not, encourage them to do so. They should have gotten an email about it.
    Why is this being run by volunteers?

I run my events in my store every week. I've taken and passed both the TO exam and the lvl 1 Judge exam. What can a volunteer do for me that I can't do for myself?

I would be happy to discuss/brainstorm with someone from your organization ways that might be more retailer friendly. You can reach me at 940-591-9771.

Jim Shuman
    Madness Comics and Games
    Denton, TX
    Last edited by ComicBkJim; 05-18-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Add Contact Info

Our champion hasn't shown up to a battleground in two months.