Eternal Guardian

Question Card breakdown questions

I've got some of my WoW TCG playing friends interested in trying this game when it comes out, so I'm trying to get an idea of the card breakdown within the different types to get a basic picture of the game variance.

Allies - The rule book says there are 20 total Ally cards. The description of allies says there are 15 different ones with some unique and an inference that there is multiple copies of non-uniques. At 20 allies in the game spilt, presumably equally, across the 5 clans, that gives 4 allies per clan. 15 different allies are stated, again split between the clans, will leave 3 different allies per clan. So that give 3 different allies to be split across 4 cards per clan. That would break down to 2 different uniques and 2 copies of the non-unqiue per clan. Is that a correct assumption?

Weapons- Similar to allies, 20 total, 15 different split across the clans leaving 2 single copies of 2 different weapons and 2 copies of a third weapon, with the single copies being more expensive.

Action Cards - 120 total. Is it an even split of 3x40, 4x30, 6x20 or is there an uneven split with some cards having a higher frequency than others?

Encounters - 48 total Even split between the 4 levels? Are all 48 unique?

Oh, and I know it's way early and may not be necessary, but will there be any plans for an expansion?

Thanks for any answers anyone can provide. This game is looking really cool, really wish I could have made it to GenCon to try it out. This next month is going to be a long one.
    Go Fish

Each clan has 1 Ally at cost 10, 1 at 8, 2 at 6. (5 clans x 4 cards = 20)
    Each Weapon has 1 at cost 9, 1 at 7, 2 at 5. (same)
    There are 5 copies of each Action card. Each deck has 60 cards, so there are 12 different cards by name in each of the two Action decks.
    48 Encounters split evenly between 4 levels, equals 12 per level.

If the game is popular enough, I'm sure cries for an expansion will not go unheeded.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 08-26-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Correct the middle Allies and Weapons to 1 each.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Eternal Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Each clan has 1 Ally at cost 10, 2 at 8, 2 at 6. (5 clans x 4 cards = 20)
    Each Weapon has 1 at cost 9, 2 at 7, 2 at 5. (same)
    There are 5 copies of each Action card. Each deck has 60 cards, so there are 12 different cards by name in each of the two Action decks.
    48 Encounters split evenly between 4 levels, equals 12 per level.

If the game is popular enough, I'm sure cries for an expansion will not go unheeded.
    Awesome Matt, although I think there are some math issues in the allies and weapons. Your breakdown adds up to 25 of each type not 20. Typo in the rulebook I'm hoping as 25 of each type seems a lot better than 20.
    Last edited by houjix; 08-26-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    Go Fish

Serves me right doing it from memory. There is only 1 mid-sized Ally and Weapon, not 2.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Eternal Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Serves me right doing it from memory. There is only 1 mid-sized Ally and Weapon, not 2.
    Thanks again.
    Go Fish

I'm a sucker for something different. Building a deck as you go with everyone pulling from the same kitty? sounds interesting. preordered it, and looking forward to trying it out.