Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lmao! Woops...well there ya go! You could just use one of the other bosses as placeholders then...still, would be nice to have the actual cards.

Sorry for bumping a 3-month old thread, but since it's still on the first page... would just like to chime in and say I'd love to buy a booster pack of these (as long as it costs significantly less than what it currently does on ebay- which is $20 or so). I understand promos being exclusive is cool for those that can get them, but I can't say I'd personally feel it took away anything from me if others were able to order it later on. Besides, FF is so big in the PA universe, he feels like he belongs more than most of the other standard bosses. Anyway, it's not a major issue, I'm enjoying the game and the expansion, but it'd be nice to hear an official word on this as to whether or not they're considering releasing FFP as a booster on the site, or maybe even as a potential reward in the Big Game Hunter program. Would be happy to use my codes on more game content!

Master Theorycrafter
    Younglings was given out at Pax Prime 2011. They ran out during the event. As of Gen Con 2012, they stated that there are no immediate plans to produce more.

Just stating an opinion here, but promo is probably short for promotional. Promotional items are handled differently than other items a company produces. As others have said, the promos are incentives to attend their tournaments. Just to name a few, there are numerous DMFs, Gen Con, NACC, Worlds & PAX East, in addition to PAX Prime in which you can get these items. Did anyone remind their FLGS to participate in last months Small Store Saturday promotion or this month's DC DBG Game Day? These were also opportunities to get some hard-to-find promos.

I understand that it sucks when you don't have easy access to promos...Esteban for 7 Wonders has been particularly hard for me to find, but then, there is probably a reason they are called promos.
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV #451
    Touchweiners!!!!!!

Yes, I know what promotional means. But I think you and I are talking about different things. The ones I'm referring to aren't just handed out at events (in the case of PA, I'm referring to the FF boss card pack- there's also a similar one for Food Fight, and may be others). They're given out if you buy the game through certain channels, notably through the web store here or their booth at an event (the FF boss pack is apparently still available if you buy the game on this site, for example). Now if you don't know any better, or aren't in a position to do so, or you get the game as a gift, then you're out of luck on that content.

It's one thing to have some promo foil at a tournament given out for attendees, like WotC does with prerelease events, but these cards strike me rather differently, in that they're mass-produced and in fact NOT used to commemorate any particular event- they're just bundled with the game. Not to mention they are not simply special versions of cards, but cards you in fact cannot get any other way. Regardless of what the norm is or how many other companies do it, the idea of limiting access to game content that's unique for more than cosmetic reasons is something I'm strongly against as a rule.

I'd liken it to pre-order, retailer-specific DLC in video games. They are used for precisely the same reason- to encourage consumers to buy from one place over another. However, it's very rare that such DLC isn't universally available later; it's generally understood to just be "early access," though admittedly not in every case [I find it distasteful when it ISN'T the case, though; again, it's just my personal view but it seems anti-consumer to me to withhold game material from people based on where they choose to buy something- not saying anyone has to agree with me, and not accusing Cryptozoic of it, but that's my belief].

Obviously the company is free to do whatever they want; I just don't understand the reasoning for not offering something for sale separately that adds to a game and is definitely not made specifically for a singular event- especially when it changes absolutely nothing about their current incentive model: "If you don't have the game, buy it here and you get extra stuff free! If you already bought the game, well no problem- you can buy the extra content for a reasonable amount here too!" Seems like a win for all parties involved.

Anyway, I saw they were considering offering these types of booster packs and "promo" cards through other means, or at least it seemed that was the case, so I wanted to voice my strong support for that here... that's all. Not going to burn them in effigy if they don't, but I'd be happy to give them some more of my money (of which they've got a decent amount already!) if they do!

Well said. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't put forth the money to fly out to CA from PA, book a hotel, and go to an event itself while I'm in school and other commitments for a CHANCE to get 1 card...even if I really wanted it for my game XD