Thread: Rules Question

Rules Question

Hey I just bought 3012 and so far my friends and I are loving it! I just had a few rules questions that came up during the course of a few games.

1. If you have a card like clumsy ally revealed from the deck can you use this card's gold bonus during your acquisition phase and then sacrifice it before the end of your turn effectively getting the card's gold bonus and its ability?

2. Does the monkey clan's "scouts get +1 damage" ally ability stack if you are the monkey clan and have multiple monkey ally cards out in combat to give scouts damage values greater than 2?

3. When leg sweep is used does the affected player continue the combat without their hero or is the encounter ended with no winner or loser?

1. In order to get the 2 Gold you have to play the card. When you play it, you have to choose to sacrifice it or not, so you can't get the Gold and the ability.

2. Yes

3. The combat continues.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Do encounter cards like Den of Thieves or Killipede that are affected by the number of scouts in play count only scouts played by the current player or even the scouts played by other players to ally or hinder during combat?
    For example would a player attempting to hinder combat end up making the encounter easier since Den of Thieves gets -1 defense for each scout in play?
    Last edited by arachnid9; 11-24-2012 at 11:59 AM.

They count all Scouts, played by all players.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D