Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC deckbuilding game: STARRO

When the player discards the card to starro does the player that played starro gain that card?

What does the card say?
    Things to do at WonderCon: Be Cory Jones.

Old FAQs, courtesy of Bernado

Going off memory here but I believe it's a villain that says each player discards a card and the player that plays Starro can play each card.

If that's correct, no, the owners of the cards remain the owners, you just basically play a "copy" of that card.

Disclaimer: I have never read any rules document on the DC Deckbuilding game, I'm only going off of experience playing it.
    Matthew Del Buono
    Master Judge
    "Everybody knew it was impossible, until someone turned up who didn't know that."

You only get to play the cards. You do not gain them. They go back to their owner's discard pile.

P.S. Psh, Rules Gurus even answering questions here!
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

So STARRO is just like X-Ray vision just worse. Granted it is worth 2 vp, but it costs 7 and can be defended.

Eternal Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by chiboloco View Post
    So STARRO is just like X-Ray vision just worse. Granted it is worth 2 vp, but it costs 7 and can be defended.
    Starro lets you play them all, plus it discards the top of their deck. X-ray lets you use 1, but gives all other players advanced knowledge of the top of their deck. I wouldn't say worse by any means.
    Go Fish

Yes, Starro is just like X-Ray only you get to play them all as said above. Hoever it has come up quite a few times, and almost every time it just sits there and no one wants it.

I think XRay is good because it is a Super Power, not a villain.

Man, I don't even….

STARRO is awesome, you guys.
    Benjamin White Chicago, IL
    CZEV# 438 Journeyman Ggmmmlmrmgmg Lrggmrmmlm
    Skywall, a Chicago Facebook group

Most times I play with only one other player and he seems very expensive in this case.