Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question order of abilities

If I am Cyborg who's ability is "If you play one or more Equipment during your turn, draw a card." and I have The Batcave in play "When you play your first Equipment on each of your turns, draw a card." now it's my turn and I play NTH METAL as my first card "+1 Power Look at the top card of your deck . You may destroy it."

Does NTH Metal's ability go off before The Batcav and Cyborg, or do I get to draw from The Batcave and Cyborg and then the ability happens?

The card you play will always go first. The general rule for deckbuilding games is that you must play ALL the text of a card before moving on to the next. So you would do Nth Metal's text first... THEN draw a card... though, I'm not sure which would go first between your superhero or a location....

Since it is your turn, wouldn't you choose the order to resolve the effects?

Quote Originally Posted by darkjawa103 View Post
    Since it is your turn, wouldn't you choose the order to resolve the effects?
    Between the superhero and location, maybe. But not for Nth Metal. Again, I don't know how things work in TCG's, but in DBG's when you play a card, you must resolve the entire card before playing any other card.

Then I would think you would completely resolve Nth metal then go on to either Cyborg's or the Batcave's effects.

Quote Originally Posted by darkjawa103 View Post
    Then I would think you would completely resolve Nth metal then go on to either Cyborg's or the Batcave's effects.
    You are correct.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Which is what I said in my original response. sheesh, people don't listen. lol

You see I've been playing like it's been a standing effect. Me and my brother in law are the only players and we both come from Magic the gathering background. We kind of treated the Nth Metal like a global enchantment that gives you the constant ability to look at the top card. So when that card changes via card draw you may then check the new top card. For example, i look, Heat Vision, don't want to fry that. So I trigger my Batcave, draw a card, got the Heat Vision. Now the Nth Metal triggers and we get to sneak a peak again. Vulnerability, fry it. Now that it's gone off you stop looking and you can't use the card again.

Is that outside of the norm to change the rules when they make the game better?

You're playing it wrong. It is not an ongoing thing. It is a one-time thing. Period. As with all deckbuilding games, you must resolve all of one card before playing another card with power (and in other games power and money) stacking up until you've spent it.

Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    You're playing it wrong. It is not an ongoing thing. It is a one-time thing. Period. As with all deckbuilding games, you must resolve all of one card before playing another card with power (and in other games power and money) stacking up until you've spent it.
    Oh I get I'm playing it wrong. I just think we're playing it better.