Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Seven" oversized hero cards?

What about Martian Manhunter? He was in the Crits Happen video. Where might one pick that guy up? The card looks awesome.

Promo hero from ordering the game.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

How do I get on board? Just order from any store, or has to be this one?

Not that having the oversized hero matters that much. Seeing as it's never shuffled, printing one out would be good enough, I'm a bit of a completionist.

btw, Cryptozoic, reading the section on superheroes in the rulebook, I see that you left out Cyborg...

Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    btw, Cryptozoic, reading the section on superheroes in the rulebook, I see that you left out Cyborg...
    Are you referring to page 1? We recommend 5 Superheroes to play with the first time you play. We left Aquaman and Cyborg off that list.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Are you referring to page 1? We recommend 5 Superheroes to play with the first time you play. We left Aquaman and Cyborg off that list.
    Should have left Aquaman out of the game

anyway... as long as I'm the one using it

wow, I never realized they made a Martian manhunter card for a player, that is cool. I just looked him up and his ability is awesome fun.

I would like to know why Cryptozoic choose to use a size format for the Super Hero cards that is unique. There are no card sleeves that support this size. You could have used the Tarot card size dimensions just as easily or not even bothered making them over-size. I realize that I do not represent the larger portion but since you appear to be getting into more geekier games I would hope that you take consideration that many of us will not even play our games until we have sleeves on all of our cards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAllyKat View Post
    I would hope that you take consideration that many of us will not even play our games until we have sleeves on all of our cards.
    The hero cards see such comparatively minimal wear and tear that I find this a curious attitude toward them.

I used to play professional TCG tournaments. It comes from the acknowledgement that wear and tear is unavoidable. With this in mind, I, like so many, will do everything in my power to ensure that I never have to repurchase a game. So many companies it is impossible to replace parts... especially if the game is the most well received.