Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DC deckbuilding game is all I hoped and dreamed it would be

I first heard of the game at gencon. I had to play the demo. Once I did I was immediately hooked. I couldn't wait till it hit the shelves so I made my own copy of the game coping cards I saw online then making up more. I love it. I am making my copy of lotr right now and can't wait to see the insane archenemy deck. The only problem I have is that it seems like a 90% clone. The only things I see that are really different is the fortunes and the starting card instead of power that each hero provides. I like the ability instead of the different starting card better. I do like the stacking of arch enemy levels better though. I don't know much about penny arcade but it seems the same as well. I would like a little more variety but I do love Dc deck building and can't wait for the lotr deck builder.

(BELOW IS A LINK TO MY ARTICLE ABOUT MY CUSTOM VERSION AND ONE OF THE IMAGES)

http://chibolocosretrotoys.weebly.co...u-want-to.html

WAYNE MANOR CARD.jpg

My 8 year old waited in the demo line for 20 minutes at Gen Con. After we played it he asked when we could buy it. Well I got it for us for Christmas and we have played at least once per day, most days 2 times, since Christmas. He is already talking about when new cards will be added. CZE you have hooked us hard with this deck building game.
    Champion of the Black Flame #353
    Level 1 Judge

Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    Then you're playing them wrong! lol I own several DBG's, and the longest any of them has ever taken was almost 90 minutes because we had 6 people playing Ascension, and 4 of them had never played before...
    I never played Ascension. We've played Resident Evil and Star Trek and those both take a long time. I like those games as well, but I find you really do need to set aside at least two hours to play a full game.

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    I never played Ascension. We've played Resident Evil and Star Trek and those both take a long time. I like those games as well, but I find you really do need to set aside at least two hours to play a full game.
    I've played Resident Evil maybe a handful of times, and it's never taken more than 45 min.

Star Trek I've played once and nobody in my group liked it so we never played again. I therefore don't recall how long it took.