Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Doom View Post
    I may have missed something in the rules (I don't have them with me) but we were under the impression you couldn't play cards once you started purchasing. Clarification?
    There is no rule that says you have to play all your cards (or all the cards you intend to play) before you make purchases.
    Ryan Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Doom View Post
    I may have missed something in the rules (I don't have them with me) but we were under the impression you couldn't play cards once you started purchasing. Clarification?
    False assumptions. you can play your cards in any order of your choosing and spend your money when you like. The only exception to this rule is that cards that have any effects other than just money must be played in entirety before playing the next card. This is the same way it works with every deckbuilding game. Non-resource cards must be played in entirety and resources continue to stack until you spend them, but you may spend and play in any order you choose.

Runt of the Litter
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    There is no rule that says you have to play all your cards (or all the cards you intend to play) before you make purchases.
    Well, there is this one, from page 5 of the rule book:

"When you have played all the cards you wish to play at that time, total up the Power you have accumulated and buy what you wish to buy from the Line-up or the face up stacks."

I read that as you don't total up power and buy till you are finished playing cards.
    Magic players ruined the world, but Doom will bring it back.

Runt of the Litter
    Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    False assumptions. you can play your cards in any order of your choosing and spend your money when you like. The only exception to this rule is that cards that have any effects other than just money must be played in entirety before playing the next card. This is the same way it works with every deckbuilding game. Non-resource cards must be played in entirety and resources continue to stack until you spend them, but you may spend and play in any order you choose.
    False assumptions. The rules of other deckbuilding games are not relevant.
    Is there a button that let's me block all of your posts to pre-empt future douche-baggery?

"When you have played all the cards you wish to play at that time, total up the Power you have accumulated and buy what you wish to buy from the Line-up or the face up stacks."

The key wording here is 'at that time'. If not for this phrase, then you would have to play your hand then buy. If that makes sense to you? It is a weird way to phrase the rule

Runt of the Litter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssobaekil View Post

The key wording here is 'at that time'. If not for this phrase, then you would have to play your hand then buy. If that makes sense to you? It is a weird way to phrase the rule
    Yeah, that's the issue. I honestly am not arguing the rule one way or the other. We really don't know because of the vagueness of that sentence. When I first read it, I thought it was simply saying you don't have to play all your cards. I would agree that ir means you could go back and play cards again if there was anything else in the rule book that supported that.
    Unfortunately, there is no mention anywhere of paying for/gaining cards and then playing them again, not in that section, not in the sample turn sequence.

It's weirdly worded and subsequently vague.

To be clear, you can play more cards after you buy cards from the line-up.

PS This is not how it works in every deck building game (i.e. Dominion and technically Thunderstone).
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Quote Originally Posted by aoineko View Post
    To be clear, you can play more cards after you buy cards from the line-up.

PS This is not how it works in every deck building game (i.e. Dominion and technically Thunderstone).
    Allow me to rephrase then: it's how it works in every deckbuilding game that allows you to buy more than 1 card. That's why I'm not a fan of Dominon really, because you can only make one purchase every turn.

well dominon takes more thought and you can buy more than 1 card in dominion. Just build the deck that way and you can buy more.

Every deck building game has positives and negatives.