Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I have a question about Swamp Thing. It says it's worth 5 power "If you control a Location." Let's say that I just bought a Location, so it's in my discard pile and not yet in play. Does the effect of the Swamp Thing card get triggered? In other words, does owning the Location mean you control it, or do you only control it once it's been played (and therefore sitting out for the duration of the game)?

It needs to be in play for you to control it. Just being in your discard pile isn't good enough.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Do cards you've played count as being "in your hand"? Penguin's card says you draw two cards and then discard two cards from your hand. I played with someone that played Penguin, drew two cards, and then one of the cards he discarded is Penguin. I didn't think you could do that since once you play a card, it's no longer in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Larkdighter View Post
    Do cards you've played count as being "in your hand"? Penguin's card says you draw two cards and then discard two cards from your hand. I played with someone that played Penguin, drew two cards, and then one of the cards he discarded is Penguin. I didn't think you could do that since once you play a card, it's no longer in your hand.
    You can only discard cards that you have not played.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Question about Cyborg's Superhero ability: is the draw from playing an equipment triggered immediately after the first equipment he plays? Because of the wording on his card, it's almost as if Cyborg can choose after which equipment he plays when to draw.

Immediately after the first.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Say a player plays Brainiac. If they choose a Bane from one players hand and a weakness from another players hand, if they use the bane can the player with the weakness discard it? Does it depend on the order the Brainiac player chooses to play the cards?
    Last edited by MattyTheSquid; 03-21-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheGreat View Post
    Say a player plays Brainiac. If they choose a Bane from one players hand and a weakness from another players hand, if they use the bane can the player with the weakness discard it? Does it depend on the order the Brainiac player chooses to play the cards?
    Yes, he can discard the Weakness, but you get to play it anyway. The order in which they are played does not matter. The cards are revealed/predetermined before you play them in the order of your choosing.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 03-22-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Simplified
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So say instead of a weakness the brainiac player picks a kick. If the bane is played first and they discard the kick that was picked by brainiac, can they still play the kick despite it being in their discard?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheGreat View Post
    So say instead of a weakness the brainiac player picks a kick. If the bane is played first and they discard the kick that was picked by brainiac, can they still play the kick despite it being in their discard?
    Yes. All of the cards are revealed from opposing hands. Then the Brainiac player chooses the order in which he wants to play them. Each card has already been determined that it will be played, so it won't matter if the owner of the Kick discards it to Bane. The Brainiac player will still play it even though it is in the discard pile. And it will stay in the discard pile.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D