Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    Hero of Adamanth

Question Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications

So, I'll Take the Liberty of starting this, I will try to compile most questions asked already in the forums and get their answers alongside. Also provide a specific area so players can post questions regarding specific cards and gameplay.

QUESTIONS PENDING ANSWER

SPECIFIC SUPERHERO RULINGS

BATMAN: Batman gains +1 Power for EACH Equipment card played, no matter if they are named the same.

SUPERMAN: Superman gains +1 Power for EACH DIFFERENTLY NAMED Super Power Card played this turn.

GREEN LANTERN: To get the power bonus 3 DIFFERENTLY NAMED CARDS must be played.

AQUAMAN: Aquaman's Superhero ability is an "always on" type, it doesn't need to trigger like other cards, which means you can place cards on top of your deck using triggers before triggering something to draw from your deck.

SUPERVILLAIN & MAIN DECK CARDS RULINGS

Q: Can I Play cards, then buy something and Play a card after buying again?
    A: There is no "Phase" to buy or play cards, you can do it at any moment during your turn.

Q: I play out 12 power to defeat Parallax and i used aquaman's trident to put him to the top, then i used Kid Flash to draw him and play him afterwards do I get 12 Power Again?
    A: Parallax does not double any of the power you have spent already. ( Source )

Q: Can I return Ra's Al Ghul to my deck if I discard it?
    A: Only resolve a cards powers when you play it from your hand. ( Source )

Q: When an player plays Starro does he gain the discarded card?
    A: You only get to play the cards. You do not gain them. They go back to their owner's discard pile. ( Source )

Q: After the First Appearance Attack from Anti-Monitor, Will the Line-up stay this larger amount the rest of the game, or will the extra cards just replace bought/gained cards instead of flipping from the main deck until the Line-up becomes less than 5 cards?
    A: Rulebook page 11, under the Anti-Monitor entry: "Note that after his First Appearance—Attack, the cards each player adds to the Line-Up will often leave the Line-Up with five or more cards, so don’t fill a seemingly empty slot without counting the total first." ( Source )

Q: Can "Suicide Squad" effect of playing 3 copies be defended?
    A: It is not an Attack, thus it cannot be Defended Against

Q: If I play Parallax on my turn and then play a Clayface after it, what happens to my Power?
    A: Playing 2 Parallax cards would result in 4x power (2x2). ( Source )

Q: If I have a location and play and I play a card of the type requested by that location to draw a cards do I draw 2 cards?
    A: If this was your first card draw of the turn, then Yes

Q: Also when I discard a card as a defense does it count as playing a card (to trigger his ability)?
    A: On a Standar Game it won't work as Flash reads: "The First Time a card tells you to draw one or more cards during each of your turns, draw an additional card". So it only happens in your turn. ( Source )

Q: Can I activate Suicide Squad's Effect using 2 cards and a Clayface or a Single card plus 2 Clayface?
    A: yes, copying one of the 2 Suicide Squads you have already played with Clayface does trigger their discard effect ( Source )

Q: If i play Clayface to Copy a Super Power and my Hero is Superman, do I get the bonus power for his Efect?
    A: Clayface says you get to play a card you've already played this turn again. It's considered playing another card (to trigger effects like Martian Manhunter), but would not trigger Superman's power since it is not a "different" superpower. The reminder text is there to remind you that you still get effects from the first time you played the card (i.e. the +3 Power). ( Source )

Q: Say I'm playing Aquaman and I have Arkham Asylum out. I play Cheetah to gain a card costing 4 or less. Now, which happens first, me being able to put the card I gained on top of my deck, or me drawing a card?
    A: Aquaman's Superhero ability is an "always on" type, so it's not a triggered effect like Arkham Asylum is. Place the gained card in the desired spot before resolving the Asylum. ( Source )

Q: What happens to the cards revealed and played using Brainiacs Effect?
    A: The cards played by Brainiac go back to the hand of player they were revealed from. ( Source )

Q: Can Anti-Monitor's ability be used to destroy as many cards in the line up as you want? Let's say that you destroy the first 5, put 5 new cards in the lineup, you don't like those, can you destroy the 5 new cards that were added to the line up?
    A: You only resolve his ability once. So, you have to choose which cards you are destroying at the same time and can only choose the current cards in the line-up.

Q: If you use Jonn Jonz ability and he takes over the Supervillain for you, can you still buy the supervillian if you have enough points?
    A: Yes, as JJ says to put it back, not put it back at end of turn like some other cards do. ( Source )

Batmobile: To use this cards Discard Effect NO OTHER CARD must have been played in the turn already. So, if you use Starro, X-Ray Vision or some other card that lets you play other players cards, you cannot use the discard ability cause it will not be your first card played in the turn.
    Last edited by blackroseyagami; 08-06-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added more Questions and new Category

Hero of Adamanth
    *Taken Thinking ahead of space requirements for the last time*

the suicide squad's effect is NOT an attack and thus can not be defended against. If your opponent gets 3 suicide squads in a turn without placing them to the bottom with Zatana (or however you spell it), then they are just lucky and they get another turn.

^^ what he said. Suicide Squad does not say "attack", and therefore cannot be defended.

OK, if this thread is going to be stickied let's keep it clean.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Can Anti-Monitor's ability be used to destroy as many cards in the line up as you want? Let's say that you destroy the first 5, put 5 new cards in the lineup, you don't like those, can you destroy the 5 new cards that were added to the line up?

thanks,

You only resolve his ability once. So, you have to choose which cards you are destroying at the same time and can only choose the current cards in the line-up.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer