Clayface and Suicide Squad

So... based on what has been said in the Clayface/Superman thread... CLAYFACE counts as an additional card, but the card it "copies" is actually being played a second time.

SO... Suicide Squad... if you play 2 suicide Squad cards... then clayface one of them... does each foe discard their hand or no?

I can see both arguments...

YES: You played 2 and now are playing a "third" so it triggers.

NO: You played 2 and then re-played one of them, but still only 2 cards, and it reads "if you played two other suicide squad CARDS..."

Official answer is...???

Short answer: Yes, 2 Suicide Squad + Clayface = sad opponents. During the demos CZE gave, that is what they said
    Quote Originally Posted by Isgee View Post
    Stop using the word opinion to mean that I'm not allowed to explain why you're wrong.
    http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png

Look out, secret combo!

In other words, yes, copying one of the 2 Suicide Squads you have already played with Clayface does trigger their discard effect.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

The effect says "If you have played 2", not "if this is the 3rd one played". But yes, i did this once, it was sweet! That is a good question though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssobaekil View Post
    The effect says "If you have played 2", not "if this is the 3rd one played". But yes, i did this once, it was sweet! That is a good question though.
    It says "if you have played 2 OTHER"... hence the possibility of not getting the effect...

A really good question would have been.... if i play a suicide squad, then clayface, then clayface. Then is when the ruling would be questionable. In this case, the effect of squad would still happen.