Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Clavaat View Post
    Maybe it's just the PA DBG in us (we have played that one to death), but going for Supervillains and high VP cards while keeping our decks small seems like the best strategy. By the end of the game, my buddy with Lobo and Bulletproof got his deck down to 15 cards, but was able to draw his entire deck, so a Supervillain every turn.
    This is my DBG experience too: Min/max your deck to allow you to have a near optimum hand every turn. This is why I'd aim for Lobo before AAsylum. Sure, in WW if you have the chance to snag AA and don't have the 7 for Lobo, it's a no-brainer and you take it. But given a 7 Power hand and both on the board in the early game, I'd still plump for Lobo over AA every time.

Everyone wants Lobo. AA is really only useful to you as the WW player (and potentially 1 other player who decided to take some early Villians) but no other Super-Hero should be specifically targetting non-essential Villians that early and none should be hate-buying that early either.

Early game, i still think any location is better than lobo. Having an extra card each turn means u can either buy more expensive cards each turn, or more cards. This means each turn you gain more VP than you would have. Green Arrow / belt is 5 points IF you get the 4 other matching cards in your deck, which isnt hard but ppl miss from time to time.

So lets see, 5 points 1 time... or 1 extra point each turn for hmmmm 10 turns... I think you see where this is going.

Later in the game, yes take the 5 points. However, any location does more work than those 2 cards.

AA, and the other locations that draw off a specific card being played, all rely on you having the card to trigger them. Assuming that you have that card in hand it is more likely to give you a Punch than any other card in the early game and still more likely to give you a Punch than any other specific card in the late game. It provides no power boost except what you draw, so early game, more likely either +1 or +0. Take the OP line-up starting WW and presume that we have evolved our opening deck to include Penguin, 1x Kick and AA. Each Penguin and AA will draw you into 3 of 7P/3V/1K every second turn. You then have to draw into newly purchased cards one by one through whatever Vunerabilities/Punches you have in there clogging up your deck. Sure, you might get a +1 draw every second turn off Penguin but, while you're drawing into Punches & Vunerabilities, that's not exactly doing a huge amount to help you advance your deck.

Lobo gives you power to purchase and reduces the number of useless cards in your deck at the same time, essentially drawing you past the two cards you destroy. Once Lobo has hit, your potential draws from the same set-up (replacing AA with Lobo) are 6P/2V/1K, then 5P/2V/1K, then 4P/2V/1K. You draw through your deck and access newly purchased cards much faster while still contributing power to purchase cards from the line-up.

He's essentially a power boost and "draw 2 cards that have a statistically better of being better than Punch/Vunerability" over AA's "draw 1 card"

Zimagic your not getting it. Who cares if you draw +1 or +0 early game... This just means you cycle your deck faster, plus the location stays out, thus lowering your deck number by 1. Having a specific card is not an issue. You will gain them throughout the game. Lobo hits once per deck cycle period. There is not a single way in the game to bounce him back to your hand. The only combo to use him twice is Zatana or however her name is spelled, but that would be DUMB because you would probably have no discard at that point.

The location has potential to hit EVERY turn, thus effectively making you have 6 card hands, and more importantly cycling your deck. Making your deck small is NOT the ultimate strategy in deck building games. It can be good, don't get me wrong, but wasting energy to try and thin a deck could divert your attention from other more important cards (such as locations) and will in short, lose you the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssobaekil View Post
    Zimagic your not getting it. Who cares if you draw +1 or +0 early game... This just means you cycle your deck faster, plus the location stays out, thus lowering your deck number by 1.
    Lobo will reduce by 2, give you power to gain cards at the same time and I don't draw a +1 or +0 mid to late game pratically ever.

then what happens after u removed all 10 cards? its just +3 power "when" you draw it. A location hits almost every turn. You can get other removal cards later. There are 5 locations, and many more removal cards.

then what happens after u removed all 10 cards?
    You play with the cards you have bought. You're not going to sit there doing nothing while you thin your deck. You thin and buy at the same time. Now, instead of drawing into your yellow cards, you're only drawing Kicks, Equipment, Villians etc. etc.

All your hands are statistically better than your opponents' and you have a far greater chance of affording Super-Villians and higher cost cards in the line-up because your typical 5-card hand will contain an average of 10 power given that the majority of cards you will purchase will have 2 power or the means to draw into it. When you have 10 power hands practically every turn, you churn through the super-villian stack very quickly and you will end the game before your opponents can generate the necessary power to beat you at the final points tally.

Ok, so there is no getting through to you. Do what you want. If these cards come on the board to start in every game i played you and you took lobo every time letting me get the location, then GREAT. Ill beat you 9 times out of 10 with any hero against any hero.

Whoever started the thread, you now have many different opinions. Choose wisely.

Ok, so there is no getting through to you. Do what you want. If these cards come on the board to start in every game i played you and you took lobo every time letting me get the location, then GREAT. Ill beat you 9 times out of 10 with any hero against any hero.

Whoever started the thread, you now have many different opinions. Choose wisely.
    If we all agreed on everything, the game would be a lot less interesting as each purchase would always have a correct answer. There's no reason to go overboard if someone disagrees with your opinion.

From my own DBG experience, early "destroy" cards win games, drawing into bad cards doesn't. This may not be your experience. You are sticking to your opinion that the long term draw triggers from the AA are more valuable and you have a point in some regards, however you don't seem to want to admit that an early Lobo could vastly increase your card quality over the course of the game, which is obviously the case. Let's just leave it there.

Getting back to the OP Line-up, if your Super-Hero wasn't WW, if you were playing, say, Batman or Cyborg, what would your first pick be off the same hand? Just to remind you:

Going first, the opening hand is 4 Punches & 1 Vunerability. We flip:
    Nth Metal
    Penguin
    Arkham Asylum
    Lobo
    Supergirl

now that depends on your hero again.

GL: Supergirl (thats auto 2 different cards counting toward his effect)
    Flash: Penguin
    Aquaman: Penguin (you will have 2 vuln in your hand no matter what and you put penguin to the top)
    Cyborg / batman: Nth metal
    Superman: Supergirl