Question Aquaman Resolution Question

(I'm assuming we don't post in the stickied thread)

I ran into this problem a few times and haven't found an answer yet. Say I'm playing Aquaman and I have Arkham Asylum out. I play Cheetah to gain a card costing 4 or less. Now, which happens first, me being able to put the card I gained on top of my deck, or me drawing a card? Cheetah's ability resolves regardless because I gained the card. But Aquaman isn't a "card", so wouldn't Arkham go first? That's how we played it, but honestly I'm not sure. Thanks guys!

I believe Aquaman's power is a standing effect any time you buy/gain a card; not something that moves a purchased card from your discard to the top of your deck. In the rule book under "Resolving Cards" (or something similar) it states that you resolve the card you play before anything else, so you'd fully use Cheetah to gain the appropriate card and put it directly on top of your deck (or not, if you elected) since your hero power is always on, and then resolve Arkham Asylum to draw a card.
    Ryan Skinner

Hero of Adamanth
    I'm pretty sure you resolve Cheetah fully at first then activate Arkham Asylum, just need a confirmation from Nathaniel or Matt and I'll add it to the sticky.

And you can add questions to the sticky, the part of keeping it clean was about not having multiple replies to the same question, over, and over again.

Aquaman's Superhero ability is an "always on" type, so it's not a triggered effect like Arkham Asylum is. Place the gained card in the desired spot before resolving the Asylum.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I do have a question that most new people would ask and try to rules lawyer:

1. Does one have to decide to trigger Aquaman's hero effect the moment after you gain a card costing 5 or less? Or may one decide to trigger it later say after getting X amount of cards?

2. Does this same rule apply to aquaman's trident?

3. For aquaman's trident, if one gains a card before playing the trident, may one put that prior gained card on top of the deck? Or did it miss it's trigger point?

1. Immediately

2. Yes

3. When you play the Trident, it sets up a delayed triggered effect, so playing it after buying/gaining cards won't allow you to topper one of those.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D