Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promos:

Promos:

Gateway WoW is looking to do some Dc Deck Building tournaments and I think it would be cool and amazing of you guys if there was some sort of promos for playing or something. New cards for the main decks of those who own Dc (i think over 10 people I know own it).

Do other people like the idea of promos for tournaments and such?

Sure, sounds like a good idea to me.
    Keep it milky, you beautiful gamers you.

of course... especially when I suggested the same idea to them for Penny Arcade last year... but they didn't do it.

Take a page from Gary Games, they do promos for Ascension, but also sell them on their website for those that want more or don't have a gameday store.

As long as the promos are not like 25 bucks, like the manhunter super hero apparently is, then yes! A 1 - 5 buck promo would be reasonable.

I agree with that completely. I know the Fruit unicornpooper Prime promo boss stack for Penny Arcade is only 20 bucks, which I kind of disagree with, so I'm not sure why one card should be 25.
    Keep it milky, you beautiful gamers you.

They can't control what people are willing to pay for something.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusChristMD View Post
    They can't control what people are willing to pay for something.
    Yes but they can certainly control how to provide the public with options to purchase their promos.

The Ascension promos, when they go up for sale on the official site (usually 6 months after they premiere at a convention or game day) are never more than $5.

Yet they sell for way more than that for a long time.

And the early ones were not available to buy for quite a while (year +)