Brainiac and Playing Opponents Cards

1st post, Hi guys.
    This place seems very friendly so I hope I can get a good answer to this question here Hopefully an OFFICIAL one.
    I did a search but I couldn't find an answer.

So most effects that say you can play a foes cards, tell you what do do with those cards after playing them (return to deck, hand, discard pile etc.). However Brainiac does not.

Brainiac just says: 'Play each revealed non-location card.' Then has no further info.
    The rulebook states that at the end of your turn you '...place all cards that you played and any remaining in your hand into your discard pile'.

Does this mean if a card allows you to play cards your foes have, and does not tell you what to do with it afterwards, you gain them?
    I found an entry in the FAQ that says Starro does not let you gain the cards played, so I expect this is the same, but the rules as written seem to specifically state that you would (the rulebook leaves a lot to be desired).

I would like to see a tournament level rulebook with specific rulings for all cards. Does such a thing exist?

as for a "tournament level rulebook with rulings or all cards", no, there's not one. Just the rulebook that came with the game.

And I'm not official, but my answer, based on the rest of the cards that let you play cards from other people, is that you do NOT gain the cards... you simply play them once and put them back... in this case they'd go back to the player's hand you played them from since they simply revealed the card for you to play.

Ya, after reading the official ruling on Starro I'm beginning to agree.
    Just irks me that I can't find any answer.

The cards played by Brainiac go back to the hand of player they were revealed from.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Sweet. Thanks so much aoineko. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hero of Adamanth
    Question and Answer added to Clarifications Thread.

thank you both

rule of thumb for any reveal cards
    Cards always go back to where they were revealed from unless stated otherwise.