2013 Class starter decks

I'm wondering if a Class Starter deck tournament would be a fun idea for our shop. We have a 12-14 person group that shows for our weekly BG each Saturday night. So I thought that the Saturday after the decks come out we could run a "sealed" Starter deck tournament. Any suggestions on how I should run it?

Thanks!

There appears that there might already be something coming for this. In the 2013 Organized Play Schedule, under March, it shows "Champion Rally: Class Starter". If your store doesn't have a Champion of the Black Flame volunteer, now would probably be a good time to apply!

http://www.cryptozoic.com/downloads/...p_schedule.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mikonanaki View Post
    There appears that there might already be something coming for this. In the 2013 Organized Play Schedule, under March, it shows "Champion Rally: Class Starter". If your store doesn't have a Champion of the Black Flame volunteer, now would probably be a good time to apply!

http://www.cryptozoic.com/downloads/...p_schedule.jpg
    Yes, a class starter deck event is a great way to gain new players.

I am sure our local gaming store could use such an event to expand the WoW playing community.

Sound like fun times!

why do you need a Champion of the Black Flame volunteer to organize such event?

You don't, really, but it appears that the event listed on that event schedule is going to be organized by Champions. It's unknown at this time by anyone outside of Cryptozoic if it will be like other Champion Rallies where extra fun prizes are provided or whether it's just a Champion Rally in title.

However, if it ends up like other Champion Rallies and extra fun prizes are provided, it would be a good idea to have a Champion for your store so that you could get them and the players have a shot at them.

March is over, but there are no information about champion rally.

The Champion Rally was postponed unfortunately.

Where I can find information about it?
    Last edited by s0ulleSS; 04-19-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Hero of Adamanth
    There's really no information except that it's been postponed, and when they have more information or a schedule, it will be released. Presumably here on the tournament or volunteer forums, or to stores.
    CZEV# 652
    Hillside Games
    Asheville, NC
    Level 1 Judge