A question and my first game

Despite the criticism i've been pleasantly surprised by the DC deckbuilding game.

Though I prefer Sentinels of the Multiverse for its raw and meaty depth + it's 'roleplay' aspect, I find this game amazingly fluid, quick and easy. Which ensures it fills a specific need/itch not easily scratched by many a game out there.

A lot of the criticism on the game is regarding the use of villains to attack fellow heroes though I find this not unflavorful in the least. It is an abstract mechanic after all and the 'attack' though directed by a player does not fluffwise originate from a hero. Hence its just a defeated bad guy resurfacing and being a pain.

The game does seem to need some more cards and options.

The Suicide Squad mechanic is great, a shame though each card doesn't depict another member.

I did have a sidequestion though. Where do I use the code that came with the boxset?
    Last edited by Darthvegeta800; 02-22-2013 at 02:20 AM.

It is indeed a great game, and the "fluid, quick and easy" part is especially true. Glad more people are liking it!

I know they have expansions in the works, and are continuing to develop more titles to function under the Cerberus Deck-Building engine, so we just have to be patient for new stuff.

Re: Code, I assume you mean the Big Game Hunter code under the lid? Check here; it's a program CZE hasn't yet launched in full, but has comitted to including in all their non-TCG titles to-date, so hopefully at some point it will yield something awesome.
    Ryan Skinner

I have noticed a lot of people in my game group hate on this game... but I can't figure out why, and none of them can ever really give much insight as to why they don't enjoy it.

Have you ever played 1 v 1? That format is awful! It is fun at first when players are new. Once your get the hang of it, it snowballs EVERY game (unless u beat Raj fairly early).

We had a tournament in St. Louis two weeks ago and it was pods of 4. 4 player DC is probably the best as far as an even game and fun too.

To each their own; I absolutely love playing 1v1. Might come from playing sooo much 1v1 Ascension, that the feel is similar and anything bigger feels like a completely different game.
    Ryan Skinner

I also prefer 1 vs 1.
    -Tim Rivera
    Founder/Writer for Daily Metagame
    WoW TCG articles, news, and more - check out Daily Metagame!
    RCQ Top 8 Decklists are online - check back for updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssobaekil View Post
    Have you ever played 1 v 1? That format is awful!

I actually play almost EXCLUSIVELY 1v1 games... do the occational 3,4,5 player games only when I can convince people in my group to play with me.

4 player takes WAY too long with WAY too much downtime IMHO. 1v1 is my preferred playstyle but once all parties are familiar with the cards and strategy too much luck is involved (ie who gets the locations, which super heroes cards come more frequently etc).
    OP: I kickstarted the most recent SotM game at the 'get it all' level since I had none of it and I cannot wait until it comes!

4 player takes like half an hour to 45 min. Plus, you get more people involved, so its more like a party and not a date. 4 player is more balanced because the "power" or "good" cards are more evenly spread. In 1 v 1 there is a 50% chance any 1 specific card will hit the line up on your turn. If you gain a really good card early, then you gain even better cards later where your opponent might not even get the chance to buy those cards due to the fact they did not hit the line up on his or her turn. Thus, the game snowballs very quickly. We have had very little of our competitive 1 v 1 games end within 10 points. This being said, we split the games almost 50/50. It is just who snowballs whom first. This is why I prefer 4 players