Question Question about initiative

If all players play a 3 part spell and initiative is (p1 16) (p2 20) (p3 4) player 2 goes first and discards a component of player 3's spell making it a 2 part spell would player 3 now go next or will turn order stay the same?
    Also another question just came up if my opponent plays a 3 part spell and i steal his quality but he played 3 sources do I take the source in his quality slot or do i whiff because there is no quality?

Player 3 would go next, as he has a 2-card spell. This situation is mentioned in the rulebook page 5, as a "Note" right above the giant title "REVEAL YOUR SPELL."

You can't play 3 Sources. You may only play one of each card type. "Each spell may contain up to three different components." Now, if he had played a 2-card spell that didn't have a Quality, he would just need to mention that before you tried to take a non-Quality.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I know you can only play one of each component in a LEGAL spell but if my opponent was trying to ditch components by creating an illegal spell and played 3 sources, would I get the source in his quality slot? because my opponent has not acted yet his full spell has not been revealed so what happens here?

Ah, OK. If he has 3 Sources, you get nothing. There is no "Quality Slot." There is just a Quality or not...
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D