Can Clayface copy Locations?

During our game of DC Comics DBG, the first card I played was a Location (Arkham Asylum). Then I played Clayface to copy the Location I just played. Because of the wording on Clayface, I do not see any restriction to this action. Which then leads to my next question. If Clayface can copy a Location, then how does this work? Thank you for your time.

Arkham Asylum:
    When you play this card, leave it in front of you for the rest of the game.
    Ongoing: When you play your first Villian on each of your turns, draw a card

Clayface:
    VILLAIN
    Choose a card you played this turn. Play it again this turn. (Effects and Power generated the first time you played it remain.)

Clayface replays a card, so lets assume you can do that. You play arkham, then clayface it. Clayface replays it (completeing ALL his text first). Then, only 1 arkham is out still, so you would only draw 1 card.

If you play arkham, anyother villain - draw, then clayface it. You would not get to draw again. The location says the "first" and you already played a "first" this turn.

So copying a location is pointless in essence.

I hope this helps.

So Clayface would stay in play as a Location? Meaning during the next turn, when you play a Villian, you would draw 2 cards?

Quote Originally Posted by N-Finite View Post
    So Clayface would stay in play as a Location? Meaning during the next turn, when you play a Villian, you would draw 2 cards?
    Clay face doesn't become said card, he simply lets you play that card a second time
    Level 2 Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV# 377
    Looking for a place to play near Downers Grove? Fair Game WoW TCG Tuesdays 6pm-10pm

Writer and Creator of www.MyWoWTCG.com
    -We are always looking for Submissions and Good Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Stupnick View Post
    Clay face doesn't become said card, he simply lets you play that card a second time
    This! Plus, the location cards let you draw an extra card "the first time" you play a certain card... so with Arkham, you play your first villian which is clayface and draw a card, however, you've now played your first villain for the turn, so playing arkham again would do you no good, I think...

So if I play a different Location other than Arkham, then play Clayface, I will be able to draw twice if I meet the requirements of the Location I played that turn?

the act of 'playing' a location does nothing in itself. he does not become the location, he lets you play a card again, since playing a location does nothing, nothing would happen. For example:
    You play Arkham-card resolves, nothing happens
    you play Clayface-copying arkham (so you 'play' arkham again and again nothing happens) then clayface resolves, triggering the arkham in play (the clayface arkham has already resolved, doing nothing and now you have a clayface that's just a clayface in play and the original arkham in play, which gets triggered)
    you get 1 extra card

N-finite: no copying any location basically copies the act of PLAYING a location, the playing of the location in itself does NOTHING, it allows you to draw an extra card after PLAYING the location, since you cannot play cards simulateously and locations do not look backwards in your turn (so say you play kid flash, draw the watchtower and play it, you can only draw a card if you play another hero as the watchtower was not in play when you played kid flash) and clayface only PLAYS the card it does not BECOME the card so he does not give you 2 copies of the location IN PLAY.
    Last edited by jbabel; 02-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Understood. Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    This! Plus, the location cards let you draw an extra card "the first time" you play a certain card... so with Arkham, you play your first villian which is clayface and draw a card, however, you've now played your first villain for the turn, so playing arkham again would do you no good, I think...
    Already stated in my response. It would do no good, it is in the rule book (they just use the watch tower as an example)