Thread: monster heroes

Exclamation monster heroes

I see that monster heroes are not allowed to have horde or alliance. But certain heroes state horde or alliance allies not allowed in deck building but then you have heroes that do not state that. With a hero that does not state the fact why am I not allowed alliance or horde in my deck. The hero does not have any restriction written on it.

Hero of Adamanth
    Because of the following rule:

100.2a Some cards have one or more trait icons (206). A player can include a card with one or
    more class icons in his deck only if it shares a class icon with his hero. A player can
    include a card with one or more faction icons in his deck only if it shares a faction icon
    with his hero. Cards with no trait icons can be included in any deck.

The cards in your deck have to have a matching trait icon (Class or Faction) with your hero, or they have to have no trait icon.

Most (all?) monster heroes have no faction trait icon, so you cannot include any cards with a faction trait icon on them, including the new dual faction neutral allies from the Timewalkers block.
    CZEV# 652
    Hillside Games
    Asheville, NC
    Level 1 Judge

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    All monster heroes say directly on them (dual-class say it on the front, solo-class say it on the back) "Deckbuilding: You can't put Horde or Alliance cards in your deck."

Some of the older heroes from Icecrown, which are the Argent Crusade heroes (yellow), say either horde or alliance, so you can choose.

Unless the hero card is Horde or Alliance, it will state deckbuilding requirements on the card. If the hero is horde or alliance, it can only include horde or alliance cards respectively. It can also have neutral cards (including monster allies) unless the ally says monster hero required.
    Shannon Conner
    Journeyman Judge
    Champion of the Black Flame #551
    Galactic Quest - Buford, GA
    Feralas Realm
    Join the ATL WoW Facebook Group

Hero of Adamanth
    The Timewalker block monster heroes with both a flip power and once per game power do not have any deck building rules printed on them.

However, per the rule I stated above, they still cannot contain any cards with a horde or alliance faction trait icon because the heroes do not have that faction trait icon.
    CZEV# 652
    Hillside Games
    Asheville, NC
    Level 1 Judge