Thread: UK market

Devoted Emissary

Angry UK market

I not 100% sure if this in right area to ask this question to Cryptozoic

But my loach gamming shop is finding really hard to get product.
    Are shop would like to run seal and draft events, if we could get hold of the goods.
    But we not only shop having trouble, speaking to are shop owner. He saying that a lot of regional shop owner in south of England is dropping wow like flys. Because the there cannot get hold of product.

At this rate WOW TCG could end up being game that is dead in UK. If something is not done you can kiss UK market good bye.

i writen this out of love for the game.

Please read this thread as it contains info about the new people in charge product and OP in the UK.
    Simon Key (aka. Master Sniper Simon McKey)
    SI:7

Champion of the Black Flame
    CZEV10

Rigid Buffalo
    Hi there,

Yeah I have been hearing vendors having similar trouble.

I think a real problem is that most store owners DO NOT read these forums and therefore are not being kept up to date with the latest news. I have tried to encourage our local store owner to look here and hopefully they have, but they are busy people with a lot on their minds in this troubled financial climate.

Also you are linking to a thread which itself is linking to an external forum. Now while the news IS good and a step in the right direction, I feel it would be better to have some sort of official statement here on the site. As an avid player I jump on news like this but many store owners wont take the time and effort to hop back and forth just to find the info they need, which leaves the state of the game in an uncertain place.

I am wondering if there is a way of getting them all onto some form of mailing list so they can get important updates about stuff like this?
    Last edited by Lazerus101; 11-04-2010 at 08:43 AM.

My suggestion would be to email rob.hooley@tomy.co.uk since I believe he is the person in charge of events and stuff for Tomy.

If he's not the correct person, then I'm sure he'll get you in touch with whomever is.
    Simon Key (aka. Master Sniper Simon McKey)
    SI:7

Champion of the Black Flame
    CZEV10

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerus101 View Post
    Hi there,

Yeah I have been hearing vendors having similar trouble.

I think a real problem is that most store owners DO NOT read these forums and therefore are not being kept up to date with the latest news. I have tried to encourage our local store owner to look here and hopefully they have, but they are busy people with a lot on their minds in this troubled financial climate.

Also you are linking to a thread which itself is linking to an external forum. Now while the news IS good and a step in the right direction, I feel it would be better to have some sort of official statement here on the site. As an avid player I jump on news like this but many store owners wont take the time and effort to hop back and forth just to find the info they need, which leaves the state of the game in an uncertain place.

I am wondering if there is a way of getting them all onto some form of mailing list so they can get important updates about stuff like this?
    I agree. I know a lot more about WoW simply because I love the game. I don't have the time to follow every game to this extent, and I can imagine the difficulty of other store owners to find out the information for WoW.

I hope that compiled information can be made available somehow...it just seems so scattered.
    Michael Lum
    Skyhaven Games
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    http://skyhavengames.proboards.com/
    skyhavenvictoria@shaw.ca
    CZEV: #127 - Judge Level 2
    I write freelance about the WoW TCG. Please let me know if you'd like me to write something for you!

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbar View Post
    I not 100% sure if this in right area to ask this question to Cryptozoic

But my loach gamming shop is finding really hard to get product.
    Are shop would like to run seal and draft events, if we could get hold of the goods.
    But we not only shop having trouble, speaking to are shop owner. He saying that a lot of regional shop owner in south of England is dropping wow like flys. Because the there cannot get hold of product.

At this rate WOW TCG could end up being game that is dead in UK. If something is not done you can kiss UK market good bye.

i writen this out of love for the game.
    correct about losing the shops ive lost mine but clubs can still be supported if need be and with the news linked to tomy it should stabalize. I dont like buying online unless i have to and i havent opened a booster in 3 months minimum i think thats how bad it is for me at least. Im waiting for some more news from tomy about it all anyways

hope that give you the faith to carry on dude the english players need all the support they can get from one another lol

Master Theorycrafter
    Our local store has no product either, but what myself and our local champ have been trying to do in the meantime is keep our local store staff informed on goings-on from the forums that we players read that the staff might not keep as close an eye on.

We're lucky to have a relatively stable 6-10 player playgroup at our store who largely turn up come rain or shine, but if players can keep their shops informed during this transition period it might convince more store owners to give the game some more time.

I'd recommend any UK players to keep an eye on Zapped Giants, it moves a lot slower than this forum so any news won't disappear off the front page within a couple of days, and there's the obvious benefit that most of the stuff on there is UK-centric!

http://www.zappedgiants.co.uk

Rob Hooley (address above) is the man you want to speak to regarding Battleground kits, organised play, and anything else related.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by skey23 View Post
    My suggestion would be to email rob.hooley@tomy.co.uk since I believe he is the person in charge of events and stuff for Tomy.

If he's not the correct person, then I'm sure he'll get you in touch with whomever is.

i tried this about another issue on the day the announcement was put up (on zapped giants) and still got no response!!!
    TRADING REPUTATION +96
    administrator of TCG BOX forums of http://tcgbox.yolasite.com (An all in one Database, Stock system, Deck Builder, Wishlists and Deck vs Deck Play tester.) feel free to sign up
    LEVEL ONE JUDGE AND TO (CZE ID: 10007499)