Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Story of HEX

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalNightGuard View Post
    Humans
    Singlehandedly instigated the Underworld Incursion by attacking the Necrotic for little real reason for thousands of years
    The Humans took the only reasonable response to a Zombie uprising. Shoot all the Undead in the head. How can they be blamed for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    The Humans took the only reasonable response to a Zombie uprising. Shoot all the Undead in the head. How can they be blamed for that?
    how is it reasonable to shoot sentient zombies in the head xD ?
    they could have tried to negociate )
    "Kneel before me and repent!"

http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    Because the reasons that shooting zombies is usually reasonable (e.g. they're mindless, brain-eating undead) don't apply in this case.

I always thought it was because of the smell....

Master Theorycrafter
    Let's play the lore game!
    Humans thus far are described as the protectors of the weak. They have a noble streak (else the wolf primal would not have bound her kind to them) and they are defined by human political struggle. We know that because it is the only race mentions with 3 internal kingdoms.

The Necrotic (from the human perspective) steal dead bodies to expand their population which is made from dead humans. For the Necrotic to thrive humans must die. Sounds like grounds for a race war to me.
    HexHunterMokog:

My Latest Video: DeckTech: Elemental Storms!
    @ YouTube @ Facebook @ Twitter @ Twitch.tv

Learn from Failure. Be Humble in Success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokog View Post
    Let's play the lore game!
    Humans thus far are described as the protectors of the weak. They have a noble streak (else the wolf primal would not have bound her kind to them) and they are defined by human political struggle. We know that because it is the only race mentions with 3 internal kingdoms.

The Necrotic (from the human perspective) steal dead bodies to expand their population which is made from dead humans. For the Necrotic to thrive humans must die. Sounds like grounds for a race war to me.
    yet the necrotic didn't go off starting to kill the humans until they were provoked

Let's not forget that the humans regularily commune with their ancestors, who aren't exactly happy that alien gemstones have taken over their (former) bodies. I don't know if this excuses the humans actions or only explain them, though.

Also, I can only imagine how those conversations go...

Warlock: "Oh Great-Great-Grandpa, please grant me your wisdom and guide me towards a bright future for humanity."

Spirit: "Shut up, whippersnapper. Those Primal-damned Necrophiliac zombies have taken your great-great-great-grandmother's corpse. Get out there and beat the livi- Er, I mean dead diamonds out of her!"

Warlock: "O-of course. Going out right away!"

Spirit: "And cut your hair, you look like a darned Woolwin!"
    Lord of Odaibu, self-proclaimed Elvish Capital of Shin'hare aesthetics.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    In defence of the Human actions against the Necrotics...

Imagine if something, a being totally alien and unknowable had taken over the body of one of your deceased love-ones; a cold intellect puppeting the faces of a friends and family. It would be natural to be horrified, angry, sickened... it's what makes the Humans in Hex essentially Human.

Human's are subject to passions and desires which outweigh the reasoning of logic. Whilst it would have technically made sense for the Humans to have adjusted & left the Necrotics to their alien affairs, the Human Condition itself means that peace was never possible. Such a gross violation of human principles could never, ever have been fully accepted, even if enforced by law.
    Last edited by Cato; 05-18-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    In defence of the Human actions against the Necrotics...

Imagine if something, a being totally alien and unknowable had taken over the body of one of your deceased love-ones; a cold intellect puppeting the faces of a friends and family. It would be natural to be horrified, angry, sickened... it's what makes the Humans in Hex essentially Human.

Human's are subject to passions and desires which outweigh the reasoning of logic. Whilst it would have technically made sense for the Humans to have adjusted & left the Necrotics to their alien affairs, the Human Condition itself means that peace was never possible. Such a gross violation of human principles could never, ever have been fully accepted, even if enforced by law.
    as a scientist I can only hint at how many things use your body after you're dead .
    I am sure that being animated isn't that gross if you think of all the other things that go trough you after you die .

of course , it's not ideal , but a corpse is , even by law , something that doesn't exist or has value anymore .
    if for some reason someone or something can use it , might as well use it unless he does really crazzy stuff with it .

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Ah but as a scientist you are (most likely) a very logical and rational person. Most of humanity isn't.

Also I would say that humanity accepts decay and decomposition of the body after a person has passed. But false life is a mockery and would be abhorrent to the relatives of the deceased.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy