Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Story of HEX

Undead are only a plague on the world when they're busy exterminating all life and raising it on their side. These guys aren't. They're going around to already-dead people and using the corpses as vessels for themselves.

They didn't even start fighting until they'd been enduring several hundred years of humans trying to wipe them out for no reason other than they didn't like the Necrotic taking the bodies of their nobility. But really, their former owners weren't using them anymore so why deny a resource?

I really want the Necrotic to not turn out to be evil masterminds. I want a race that only fought back after realizing they had no choice, so they put as much punch into each strike as they possibly can to dissuade further attacks. Kind of the Ender Wiggin approach to dealing with threats.
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

-Willy Wonka

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Madican View Post
    Undead are only a plague on the world when they're busy exterminating all life and raising it on their side. These guys aren't. They're going around to already-dead people and using the corpses as vessels for themselves.

They didn't even start fighting until they'd been enduring several hundred years of humans trying to wipe them out for no reason other than they didn't like the Necrotic taking the bodies of their nobility. But really, their former owners weren't using them anymore so why deny a resource?

I really want the Necrotic to not turn out to be evil masterminds. I want a race that only fought back after realizing they had no choice, so they put as much punch into each strike as they possibly can to dissuade further attacks. Kind of the Ender Wiggin approach to dealing with threats.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I love the Nercotic and to be quite honest they are the only Underworld race with no true evil intentions. The Vennen are insane as hell and went every race that's not them to burn in hell, The Shinin'Hare want to enslave everything known to man and the Dwarves want nothing more then to create a robot dystopia and enslave everything or burn every race whichever comes first. The Nercotic seem to me one of the only three truly neutral races Coyotle and Elves being the other two. Ig I wanna name an antagonist that is to blame its King Gaberiel he probably ordered the Nercotics to be destroyed for the sanctity of human race.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    Ig I wanna name an antagonist that is to blame its King Gaberiel he probably ordered the Nercotics to be destroyed for the sanctity of human race.

Well, I wouldn't blame King Gabriel. The underworld incursion was three centuries before his time, while the necrotic first appeared around 2300 years earlier, and humans first started trying to take them down some years after. And I think that might be a slightly biased view, no offense. Let's take a look at both sides, shall we?

The humans would be extremely offed to know that their heroes and knights and kings and queens - the people who the children look up to, the idols of their society that they had buried in their inner sanctums to rest for eternity, were possessed. The necrotic did not give an explanation as to why they did so, but the humans found that to be an attack on their culture, their history, as a result, the race as a whole. That's my opinion as to why they tried to wipe out the necrotic - to lay rest the dead that had risen. We don't know much about their culture or religion, but I assume that they were buried in the crypts for religious or superstitious beliefs, which I also assume would be related to the afterlife.

As for the necrotic, wow, this is going to be different. They didn't know who they were possessing, or whose bodies they had taken. To them, it might just be a decayed and rotting carbon based lump of elements, animated by their will. It appears that humans are the only race that they can do this to, and their sole motive was to expand their numbers. This meant to take it upon themselves to gather the right materials, and socket these gems into the bodies of dead humans. They did not know what the bodies were for, or why they were there, but the necrotic probably thought that they were unused resources, given that they had been buried. The necrotic have no memory of their past lives, and as a result, no idea of what the crypts and what the dead had meant to the humans. Then they got pissed after two millennium of surface dwellers trying to kill them and decided to wipe out life on the surface planet (and not just humans, they were also credited for the destruction of the great wolves before the humans went to them for aid). They probably didn't understand why the sleepers (living humans) were trying to wipe them out either.

I don't think either side is necessarily in the wrong, since both races have their own reasons, whether we understand them or not. I like to hope that the lore will be shown more in the pve, but til then, guess we'll have to get by with speculation.

High Tomb Lord
    I can't wait to be a nercotic cleric in pve. I must say I believe the Nercotic to neutral and from the lore page they wanted to destroy humans or at least dilever a crippling blow to stop them from bugging them they seem to only want the races as back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png