Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates and Evolution of the Game

Updates and Evolution of the Game

So I've never been a very dedicated TCG player but I've learned how to play a few and gave them a shot and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

My issue comes into play with how updates to game play will be handled. To clarify, what I understand with a lot of card games, cards can be retired or can become too powerful and be banned from use in competitive play.

Will cards be toned down or nerfed / buffed if needed?

Will my digital cards I buy ever become useless in PvP?
    If so will I be reimbursed with some credit or something?

Im curious about this as well. Is there going to be a ban/restrict list, or is the format going to rotate out, will all cards always be available.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    From what I've seen there are cards legal for PVE that are not for PVP...Including (for the most part) equipment...

Yea I don't mind the specific PvE cards and the lack of equipment in PvP ... I get the need to keep things balanced, but if I buy a card for PvP (whether individually or in a booster pack) I don't want it to be taken from me by it becoming useless.

Basically will cards that are Legal PvP cards opening game day be legal a year or two later?

It'd just kill me to think a digital card I own becomes nothing more than a picture to look at when I log on to the game. I'm really not interested in a lot of PvE so even if they retired some cards from PvP to PvE only I'd still be pretty bummed out.

I would really like to know this as well. Hope to get a rsp, its a pretty important part of the game

Well that may comes to crafting or merchant it, some games do it by crafting as means of dissemble it to components and craft it to another card or selling it to trading house or instant sold to merchant for quick in-game cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom_424 View Post
    Yea I don't mind the specific PvE cards and the lack of equipment in PvP ... I get the need to keep things balanced, but if I buy a card for PvP (whether individually or in a booster pack) I don't want it to be taken from me by it becoming useless.

Basically will cards that are Legal PvP cards opening game day be legal a year or two later?

It'd just kill me to think a digital card I own becomes nothing more than a picture to look at when I log on to the game. I'm really not interested in a lot of PvE so even if they retired some cards from PvP to PvE only I'd still be pretty bummed out.
    Right now we are planning for a two-block format, and an "everything" format. We do plan on revisiting this as we get closer to the third block. Your cards will always be usable in PvE :-)

Can't help but wonder if we couldn't get a digital checklist for the blocks. Playing WoWTCG for so long it gets very disappointing to have to get new quest cards, low level minion cards or just very basic cards with every new set. Would it be possible to just have the blocks enable and disable certain cards instead of removing the entire set? This could also avoid having to reintroduce cards later on like the WoW class starter decks and the Archives set did.

Gigantisaur
    Rotative format pros :
    - Mix things up and keep the metagame interesting
    - Powercreeping is not as necessary
    - New players can catch up easily

Rotative format cons :
    - I don't get to use anymore my "old cards"
    - My favorite deck/combo doesn't exist anymore

If Classic is dead in WoW TCG it is because
    - It was very hard for new players to get the cards
    - Only OverPowered cards were usable, as all the rest was powercreeped anyway
    - They wanted to adjust the pace of the game, bad quests and good abilities / allies
    - (and the fact that CZE is not UDE )

To sum up, I hope HEX will not powercreep as much as WOWTCG did!

~

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernDarwinist View Post
    Can't help but wonder if we couldn't get a digital checklist for the blocks. Playing WoWTCG for so long it gets very disappointing to have to get new quest cards, low level minion cards or just very basic cards with every new set. Would it be possible to just have the blocks enable and disable certain cards instead of removing the entire set? This could also avoid having to reintroduce cards later on like the WoW class starter decks and the Archives set did.
    I'm guessing the Deck Building interface will tell you what you can or can not play
    Reprints are used for new players to catch up.

~